Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

BC Coilovers with Swift Springs

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-16, 10:07 PM
trbosmitty
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default BC Coilovers with Swift Springs

I've been rocking the Tannabe springs for a few months and was perfectly content with the setup until my left front strut went out. My stock struts have 60K miles on them and I didn't think about how much life I had left on them when I added lowering springs. Instead of replacing the bad strut with another stock one; I used this as an opportunity to upgrade to coilovers. I spent many weeks doing research on coilovers as I really valued others reviews on the setups they have experience with. I'm pretty OCD when it comes to my car so I was back and forth a lot. I read several people that were really happy with BC coilovers; but didn't see very many with the swift springs. I decided to give them a shot. I've had them on now for a week and have been extremely happy with them so far. @alexx_nxxtlvl really helped answer all my questions as I was really specific on getting the best ride quality from a set of coilovers. I wasn't very knowledgable with picking the correct spring rates. I just knew this was my daily driver that I wanted the car to look good and ride as smooth as possible. He came through and his recommendations were spot on. I'm not really one to recommend names or companies unless I'm really pleased with either the products or the customer service I receive is worthy of it. I will put in a good word for Alexx as he's been a tremendous help with helping me decide on the perfect setup. I'll be sure to add more reviews to this thread after I've put some more miles on them. I was planning on doing a DIY post; but it looks like someone beat me to it...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...0-f-sport.html

Alex even went out of his to help give me some pointers for the install as well. I asked about using the stock rubber pieces on the rear spring (not required) as well as installing the adjustable perch on top of the spring instead of on the bottom (reference the pics on the diy). For the most part I'm mechanically inclined; but for certain jobs I prefer to have an extra set of hands; suspension work being one of them. I ended up doing this mostly by myself and it wasn't nearly as bad I as I thought it would be. I'm ashamed to tell how long it took, as it was 450F in my garage and I took frequent breaks. All in all if were to go non-stop by myself I could easily have everything done in 6-8 hours with just me working (I'm slow and I triple check everything). The best advice I can give is; if you start with one front, when you finish do the other front side as you will be familiar with that side and it will go faster. As for the rears; I wish it were as simple as just adjusting the rings. Although it is possible to adjust the rear with the control arm, strut, and sway bar connected. It will go much faster with adjusting the height by simply dropping the control arm pulling out the spring perch and adjusting it out of the car. I'm very proficient with pulling the rear spring out of the car and making adjustments now (30 minutes tops).

I think I've rambled on long enough now. Please fill free to chime in with anything that I might have missed or if you have any questions I'm usually pretty active on the forums that I would be more than happy to help.

The following 2 users liked this post by trbosmitty:
007 (03-05-17), psinsyd (02-02-18)
Old 08-21-16, 12:49 PM
Staggered3
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Good choice you will be extremely happy, I had the BC coils with Swift springs on my 2010 Maxima, had comparing it with others who didn't do the Swift upgrade they said my ride was much more comfortable. I wanted to do them on the F sport but won't be able to retain the factory dampening adjustment. Car looks great btw.
Old 08-21-16, 09:44 PM
trbosmitty
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Staggered3
Good choice you will be extremely happy, I had the BC coils with Swift springs on my 2010 Maxima, had comparing it with others who didn't do the Swift upgrade they said my ride was much more comfortable. I wanted to do them on the F sport but won't be able to retain the factory dampening adjustment. Car looks great btw.
Thank you!

I'm really happy with how well they ride so far! The car not only rides smooth; but it also corner like a dream!!
Old 08-26-16, 09:38 PM
Jaysoo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are bc coils available for awd yet?
Old 08-27-16, 02:40 PM
trbosmitty
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jaysoo
Are bc coils available for awd yet?
Yes! https://www.instagram.com/alexx_nxxtlvl/ has them now
Old 10-10-16, 10:37 AM
JIS300
Driver School Candidate

Kind of a dumb question since you're not crazy low but at the height that you currently have shown in the picture, did you have to roll your fenders?
Old 10-12-16, 05:56 PM
trbosmitty
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JIS300
Kind of a dumb question since you're not crazy low but at the height that you currently have shown in the picture, did you have to roll your fenders?
Yes the rear fenders are rolled.
Old 10-13-16, 11:20 AM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

PM Sent!!!!!
1-855-998-8726
Old 12-11-16, 05:22 PM
echelon
Driver

What spring rates did you end up going with?
Old 12-11-16, 05:44 PM
trbosmitty
Pole Position

Originally Posted by echelon
What spring rates did you end up going with?
12k on the front and the rear.
Old 01-27-17, 07:35 AM
Duece
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The drop looks perfect, I have a couple of questions.
I'm looking at BC coilovers and Tein coilovers.
1.) when going with coilovers does the steering still tighten when switching to sport + mode?

2.) do you get any sort of errors or codes when going with coilovers since the oem shocks are not connected to the car anymore?

Thanks
Old 01-27-17, 09:54 AM
trbosmitty
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Duece
1.) when going with coilovers does the steering still tighten when switching to sport + mode?

2.) do you get any sort of errors or codes when going with coilovers since the oem shocks are not connected to the car anymore?

Thanks
I didn't have the F-Sport suspension. I just had the regular GS350.
Old 01-27-17, 11:02 AM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Duece

Thanks
You will loose functionality of the AVS, which is probably for the best IMO. You can easily disable the warning light. This has been done by every F Sport owner that goes with aftermarket coilovers.
We have these babies in stock if you are interested. PM US!
1-855-998-8726
Old 03-03-17, 03:36 PM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can you give a quick comparison in ride quality b/w the tanabe and coils?
you mentioned comfort for your daily was what you were looking for...
which is more comfy in your opinion
TIA

car looks sick BTW