Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Swift lowering springs question

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-21, 07:58 AM
4Infiniti
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Thai2087
I had them and they ran really good. They were smooth and rode better than stock in my opinion. I removed them because I wanted to go lower after I put my 20s on. I still
have them and I probably only put 200 miles on them if you want to buy.
Did you end up with a negative rake situation where the rear was lower than the front with your Swift springs?
Old 11-13-21, 03:56 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,420 Likes on 1,120 Posts

Originally Posted by Thai2087
I had them and they ran really good. They were smooth and rode better than stock in my opinion. I removed them because I wanted to go lower after I put my 20s on. I still
have them and I probably only put 200 miles on them if you want to buy.
Hey what year was your car? And did you go to Coilovers or a different spring with the 20's?
Old 11-15-21, 11:38 AM
jaguar_83
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jgscott
Exactly what spring spacers did you use? From where? Thanks.
These were the spacers I used: https://www.autozone.com/parts/suspe...30_0?rrec=true
Not the easiest to fasten inside of a spring but it did the job.

Last edited by jaguar_83; 11-16-21 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-19-21, 07:58 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Ok thanks got it. Used those as much as 15 years ago on cars.

I still have the Tanabe springs myself and have not yet installed because I am still torn between the Swift and Tanabe springs. I really don't care that the Swifts don't really drop that much as I have read many say. Like many I just still would like to know which ride better more like stock with the most comfortable ride? Anyone, many that have them???

Old 11-19-21, 01:01 PM
4Infiniti
Driver

[QUOTE=jgscott;11166775]Ok thanks got it. Used those as much as 15 years ago on cars.

I still have the Tanabe springs myself and have not yet installed because I am still torn between the Swift and Tanabe springs. I really don't care that the Swifts don't really drop that much as I have read many say. Like many I just still would like to know which ride better more like stock with the most comfortable ride? Anyone, many that have them???[/QUOTE
why didn’t you consider RS-R’s. Any reasoning? I’m torn between those and the swifts. Especially after saying a few people mentioned that the Swifts ended up a little lower in the back giving a negative rake which I really do not want
Old 11-19-21, 03:20 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

[QUOTE=4Infiniti;11166978]
Originally Posted by jgscott
[/QUOTE
why didn’t you consider RS-R’s. Any reasoning? I’m torn between those and the swifts. Especially after saying a few people mentioned that the Swifts ended up a little lower in the back giving a negative rake which I really do not want
I saw a post a while back with the Tanabe and the Swifts uninstalled side by side piced. One looked taller and appeared that it had more travel to ride smoother. I thought the RS-R were suppose to be lower and rode harder. I want the closest to a soft stock ride.
Old 11-19-21, 03:21 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

[QUOTE=4Infiniti;11166978]
Originally Posted by 11166775
[/QUOTE
I saw a post a while back with the Tanabe and the Swifts uninstalled side by side piced. One looked taller and appeared that it had more travel to ride smoother. I thought the RS-R were suppose to be lower and rode harder. I want the closest to a soft stock ride.

Old 11-19-21, 03:54 PM
4Infiniti
Driver

[QUOTE=jgscott;11167068]
Originally Posted by 4Infiniti

having to add those spring helpers like the guy posted from AutoZone is definitely going to make a harsh ride. Those things are kind of sketch to begin with. I’ve been so on the fence about this because of the Swifts potentially being lower in the back that’s why I’m leaning towards the RSR‘s. I was extremely happy with RSR‘s on my 3IS 350. Granted they were only about half downs but they rode better than stock in my opinion
Old 11-19-21, 04:38 PM
4Infiniti
Driver

Originally Posted by jaguar_83
Anyone else, that went with the Swift lowering springs, get an uneven drop? I have a '16 F-Sport RWD and after installing Swift sport spring 4T911 the front drop was very settle but the back was significantly noticeable. I installed these when I had the stock 19" wheels installed and measured a difference of 0.75" lower on the rear than the front. Ended up having to get spring spacers to lift the back in order to even out with the front. Wondering if this happened to anyone else that installed Swift 4T911 springs?
I believe this issue only affects 2016 and newer. And looking at the specs of the comparable RS-R’s There is a greater drop in the rear than the front on 2016 models and later with the same springs for both chassis codes.
Old 11-28-21, 05:39 PM
jaguar_83
Rookie

I believe this issue only affects 2016 and newer. And looking at the specs of the comparable RS-R’s There is a greater drop in the rear than the front on 2016 models and later with the same springs for both chassis codes.
So going with either RS-R's or Swift, a lower rear stance is inevitable so no other real quick alternative than using spring spacers without having to go the route of coilovers. I don't ride in the back so a "harsher" ride isn't a problem for me in using these spacers
Old 11-28-21, 06:50 PM
4Infiniti
Driver

So going with either RS-R's or Swift, a lower rear stance is inevitable so no other real quick alternative than using spring spacers without having to go the route of coilovers. I don't ride in the back so a "harsher" ride isn't a problem for me in using these spacers
yours is a 16+?
did you consider getting silicon spring spacer?
you can literally get a quarter inch or exactly what you need and maintain all ride quality

https://www.suspension.com/universal...-isolators.asp
Old 11-28-21, 06:51 PM
4Infiniti
Driver

Default Silicone spring spacers to level out negative rake situations

Old 12-02-21, 01:30 PM
jaguar_83
Rookie

yours is a 16+?
did you consider getting silicon spring spacer?
you can literally get a quarter inch or exactly what you need and maintain all ride quality

1/4"?? The difference between the front & rear was 3/4", the silicon spacers you're referring to wouldn't have done the job. It's been about a year now, I made the right choice and the ride feels fine. For anyone else that's looking to remedy this same issue I recommend the spacers I used.

Last edited by jaguar_83; 12-02-21 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12-02-21, 09:41 PM
4Infiniti
Driver

Default Proper solution

1/4"?? The difference between the front & rear was 3/4", the silicon spacers you're referring to wouldn't have done the job. It's been about a year now, I made the right choice and the ride feels fine. For anyone else that's looking to remedy this same issue I recommend the spacers I used.
They silicon spacers come in up to 3/4” and are what the factory part is just thinner. It’s the perch the spring sits on. Ask any mechanic which is the correct solution and more importantly the safe one. Those things you used are notoriously dangerous and change the spring rate which will chew up the rear shocks. I would highly advise against them. We have high end luxury cars. Not G-Body GM’s from the 80’s that you throw get to parts at

it sounds like your springs weren’t installed properly to begin with. 3/4 is a major difference. Like they forgot your isolators or perches, or your fronts are rotated beyond the insert on the coil perch. The other folks that I’ve discuss this issue with that have 16+ models had no more than 1/2 or less.

Last edited by 4Infiniti; 12-02-21 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Adding web link
Old 02-27-22, 07:08 PM
Tannerkra
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

They silicon spacers come in up to 3/4” and are what the factory part is just thinner. It’s the perch the spring sits on. Ask any mechanic which is the correct solution and more importantly the safe one. Those things you used are notoriously dangerous and change the spring rate which will chew up the rear shocks. I would highly advise against them. We have high end luxury cars. Not G-Body GM’s from the 80’s that you throw get to parts at

it sounds like your springs weren’t installed properly to begin with. 3/4 is a major difference. Like they forgot your isolators or perches, or your fronts are rotated beyond the insert on the coil perch. The other folks that I’ve discuss this issue with that have 16+ models had no more than 1/2 or less.
I recently installed swift springs on my ‘15 Gs and notice the rear is lower than the front. I agree with you on the silicon coil perch… I would NEVER use those spacer on any vehicle. So I’m curious if you’ve purchased these silicon spacers for your car.. Did you just go with slimmer front perches? Thanks