Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Air suspension struts

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-16, 08:46 PM
Sammour
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air suspension struts

Hello everybody, how y'all doing ?! Hope fine.
Am looking for used air suspension struts only for my Lexus gs460 2010
And I was wondering what's the best air suspensions I should go with ??
Old 06-01-16, 06:12 AM
Skylar978
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think you are going to get many answers. Although there are a lot of people using air suspension on this forum, most of them seem to not come on here much. I asked a question about where to run my lines on a thread i started and got zero results..

My best advice is go with something that people have used already that is proven, or try something that hasnt been done and report back here with results so the rest of us can determine the best solution.

Personally, I think i will be doing the UAS bags over COILOVER route. I am ALL WHEEL DRIVE and it is very limited to aftermarket options in terms of strut/bag combos.

These are the setups I am aware of (there may be some im forgetting)

Airlift
Airrunner (The most expensive, but people who run these swear by them. You cannot Order these bags/struts separately, you have to order the WHOLE kit unless someone is willing to part with theirs)
TruHart
Airforce
Airrex
UAS paired with the coilover of your choice (Needs to be modified)
AVS paired with the coilover of your choice (Needs to be modified)

There are also other options such as AIR CUPS, such as the Phantom Cup kit by Platinum VIP. It uses a cylinder type object placed on top of your coilovers between the top hat and top of your coilover spring. You can air up whenever you need to, but from my understanding its not recommended that you drive Aired up on the cup system..

I would do the cup suspension, but I am AWD and would like to ride as high as I can with little sacrifice to ride quality- which is why I am choosing air bags instead of air cups..

Last edited by Skylar978; 06-01-16 at 06:15 AM.
Old 06-01-16, 12:30 PM
Sammour
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Skylar978
I dont think you are going to get many answers. Although there are a lot of people using air suspension on this forum, most of them seem to not come on here much. I asked a question about where to run my lines on a thread i started and got zero results..

My best advice is go with something that people have used already that is proven, or try something that hasnt been done and report back here with results so the rest of us can determine the best solution.

Personally, I think i will be doing the UAS bags over COILOVER route. I am ALL WHEEL DRIVE and it is very limited to aftermarket options in terms of strut/bag combos.

These are the setups I am aware of (there may be some im forgetting)

Airlift
Airrunner (The most expensive, but people who run these swear by them. You cannot Order these bags/struts separately, you have to order the WHOLE kit unless someone is willing to part with theirs)
TruHart
Airforce
Airrex
UAS paired with the coilover of your choice (Needs to be modified)
AVS paired with the coilover of your choice (Needs to be modified)

There are also other options such as AIR CUPS, such as the Phantom Cup kit by Platinum VIP. It uses a cylinder type object placed on top of your coilovers between the top hat and top of your coilover spring. You can air up whenever you need to, but from my understanding its not recommended that you drive Aired up on the cup system..

I would do the cup suspension, but I am AWD and would like to ride as high as I can with little sacrifice to ride quality- which is why I am choosing air bags instead of air cups..
any results i get will be updated here
its realy hard to choose i dont want to take the wrong choice
what do you think about truhart or airtekk ??
Old 06-03-16, 06:54 AM
Skylar978
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sammour
any results i get will be updated here
its realy hard to choose i dont want to take the wrong choice
what do you think about truhart or airtekk ??
I am having the same thoughts about which route to go, but it seems like I may be over thinking it

I have no experience with truhart or airtekk, but I am very skeptic about running either. Especially truhart since they seem to be a "cheaper" brand. I have always got good results spending more money on most occasions. So, for myself I would not use them, but I cannot comment if they are good, or bad