Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Any Issues with BC Racing Coilovers [BR Type]

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-15, 12:13 PM
SSTG
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Issues with BC Racing Coilovers [BR Type]

I want to lower my car. Drop Springs would be preferred but I don't like how the rear sits lower than the front on the Tanabe and RSR Springs (If anyone knows of another option?) please lmk.

The BC Coilovers look like a good option as I can adjust the height to make a perfect drop.
Any members installed these? If so, any issues? Are they Quality?
Old 02-05-16, 02:38 PM
NebulaGrey
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by SSTG
I want to lower my car. Drop Springs would be preferred but I don't like how the rear sits lower than the front on the Tanabe and RSR Springs (If anyone knows of another option?) please lmk.

The BC Coilovers look like a good option as I can adjust the height to make a perfect drop.

despite the mixed reviews about these - I went ahead and still took a chance on them. I just got my bc coils with swift springs in.. will be installing them when I have time over the next few weeks... I'll let you know.
Old 02-07-16, 03:29 AM
SlwDrvr
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've had them installed for a few months now and I really enjoy them. I did not opt for the swift springs, installing them was pretty easy. I've lowered the car by a significant amount. No one has complained about the ride, receive a lot of compliments on handling and comfort as well..
Old 03-10-16, 01:42 PM
NebulaGrey
Intermediate

got them in... took a bit for it to settle.... I actually forgot which dampening setting I am at but its almost full firm front and back.... overall I like them, notice less body roll through the corners and the rear hugs the road more.
Old 03-11-16, 10:32 AM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SSTG

We sell dozens of these a month and I can honestly say not a single issue with these. They are a great option with these cars. They are incredibly to adjust for both height and dampening.
1-855-998-8726
Old 03-21-16, 08:21 AM
gsolimanjr
Driver School Candidate

I have the BC Racing coil overs and am having issues with the rear height. My rear perch is at its highest point and the shock body is at its max. The installer said he believes the coil over or spring was designed wrong. I contacted BC Racing and they are asking for pics. Apparently this has happened on other coilovers. My GS looks funny sitting lower in the back. but the worst part of this situation is I am tucked in the back and often hit something on the bottom.
Old 03-21-16, 08:38 AM
NebulaGrey
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gsolimanjr
I have the BC Racing coil overs and am having issues with the rear height. My rear perch is at its highest point and the shock body is at its max. The installer said he believes the coil over or spring was designed wrong. I contacted BC Racing and they are asking for pics. Apparently this has happened on other coilovers. My GS looks funny sitting lower in the back. but the worst part of this situation is I am tucked in the back and often hit something on the bottom.
I do not have this problem. do you know how the installer installed the spring portion? did they use all of the stock rubber bushings?
Old 03-21-16, 08:42 AM
gsolimanjr
Driver School Candidate

Yeah as far as I know. I do have 2 10" JL audio subs but the installer says that shouldn't be the reason why. I think the springs are too compressed.
Old 03-21-16, 08:47 AM
NebulaGrey
Intermediate

Yeah as far as I know. I do have 2 10" JL audio subs but the installer says that shouldn't be the reason why. I think the springs are too compressed.

interesting....if the shock height is at its fullest - its kinda hard to believe that the spring would be fully compressed. a peek at the components will surely help. I can vouch that these coilovers; the rear can be set to be higher than the fronts... that's how my car sits currently...
Old 03-21-16, 08:56 AM
gsolimanjr
Driver School Candidate

Old 03-21-16, 08:57 AM
gsolimanjr
Driver School Candidate

thats the best I can get
Old 03-21-16, 09:04 AM
NebulaGrey
Intermediate

wow.... yeah them coils are super compressed...the springs didn't get mixed up with the fronts did they? I know when I received them they were all assembled (front springs on front shocks).....
Old 03-21-16, 09:36 AM
gsolimanjr
Driver School Candidate

thats the best I can get
Old 04-04-16, 02:52 PM
NebulaGrey
Intermediate

thats the best I can get
were you able to fix your suspension?

I was actually having problems with my rear set up... I contacted BC and what they advised did not match what a DIY floating around the forums indicate.

bc indicates that the lower oem bushing is not needed(only the top cone looking like bushing is needed) and the rear spring needs to be preloaded.
Old 04-11-16, 04:16 PM
NebulaGrey
Intermediate

rear shocks starting to make them knocking noises as if you did tighten down the shock bolt... GRRRRRRRRR......

Quick Reply: Any Issues with BC Racing Coilovers [BR Type]