Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

2015 4GS AWD F-Sport Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-15, 06:10 AM
luvdalexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 4GS AWD F-Sport Lowering Springs

Does anyone know if there are lowering springs for this car yet? Most of what I've read is RWD only.
Old 03-01-15, 06:24 AM
BlueAc215
Driver

The same ones that work for the 2013-2014 will work for the 2015.
Old 03-01-15, 06:49 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

RS-R makes AWD springs for GS. You can install the RWD springs, many have done it.
Old 03-01-15, 07:49 AM
luvdalexus
Driver School Candidate

Default Problems

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
RS-R makes AWD springs for GS. You can install the RWD springs, many have done it.
Are there any known problems with lowering the AWD F-Sport that anyone has heard or read about?
Old 03-01-15, 08:30 AM
BlueAc215
Driver

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
That's news to me. Is there an advantage to doing this? I'm getting ready to order some this week for my AWD and I want to make sure I get the best ones.
Old 03-01-15, 05:44 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by luvdalexus
Are there any known problems with lowering the AWD F-Sport that anyone has heard or read about?
There are zero issues.

Originally Posted by BlueAc215
That's news to me. Is there an advantage to doing this? I'm getting ready to order some this week for my AWD and I want to make sure I get the best ones.
Nope, there is no advantage.
Old 03-11-15, 11:39 PM
3GSOwner
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know how well coilover is going to work; however, I know that spring doesn't work well. I lowered my GS350 with Eibach springs. As a side note, I also put on a new set of 19-inch wheels and new set of directional tires. The result of these mods are not ideal.

- All my new tires are ruined with "ridges" or uneven wears on both the inward and outside side of the tire. The tire shop told me that it is a result of the OEM shock not able to put constant pressure on the tire with the lowered spring.
- There is a safety issue here with the tire not sticking to the road evenly!
- It also results in progressively rougher, bouncier ride over time (because of those ridges).
- The steering wheel vibration also gotten worse over time.
- Worse yet, the car alignment is out of whack (constantly pulls to one side). And I can't do anything about it. Multiple auto shops did the alignment for me but I ended up with the same problem. Their explanation was that they applied the Lexus alignment spec but those specs are longer valid with the car lowered.

The net is that the Lexus experience is completely out of the window. I recommend everyone to look for an alternative to lowering with springs. Hopefully coilover will be a valid option. I am trying that next.
Old 03-12-15, 05:29 PM
gotink
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 3GSOwner
I don't know how well coilover is going to work; however, I know that spring doesn't work well. I lowered my GS350 with Eibach springs. As a side note, I also put on a new set of 19-inch wheels and new set of directional tires. The result of these mods are not ideal.

- All my new tires are ruined with "ridges" or uneven wears on both the inward and outside side of the tire. The tire shop told me that it is a result of the OEM shock not able to put constant pressure on the tire with the lowered spring.
- There is a safety issue here with the tire not sticking to the road evenly!
- It also results in progressively rougher, bouncier ride over time (because of those ridges).
- The steering wheel vibration also gotten worse over time.
- Worse yet, the car alignment is out of whack (constantly pulls to one side). And I can't do anything about it. Multiple auto shops did the alignment for me but I ended up with the same problem. Their explanation was that they applied the Lexus alignment spec but those specs are longer valid with the car lowered.

The net is that the Lexus experience is completely out of the window. I recommend everyone to look for an alternative to lowering with springs. Hopefully coilover will be a valid option. I am trying that next.

Don't mind this guy,it's fine.... The biggest problem is getting alignment right,if you go lower the an 1.5 in drop. but there are chamber kits for that know also.