Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

SUSPENSION SHOCK went bad?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-14, 07:11 PM
JiTeng
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SUSPENSION SHOCK went bad?

lexus gs300 with 64k, SUSPENSION SHOCK seem to be very bumpy on bad road, my driver side seem to have this annoying sound like metal is banging on metal, bang bang and ping ping, while driving 20-40 on bad road the sound come on, when i step on the brake the sound automatic goes away, step on the gas again the sound come on

me and the mechanic took both front wheel off and inspect everything, axel still good, no tear or wear or leak anywhere, all the bots is tighten no loose. Mechanic suggest i change the strut mount to see what happen, i brought the part from Oreilly

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...2953&ppt=C0035

mechanic change the part, i paid $35 for labor, took it for a test drive, same annoying sound come on..it's killing me, the mechanic show me that my shock was dead gone, he got the shock out, put pressure on the shock to go all the way down, the shock didn't come back up, look like it was stuck, mechanic have to put the shock on something that hold it and try to pull and make it up back up again. I know that my car is very bumpy and not comfrotable on bad road but can shock casused all the bang bang and ping ping?

one week ago i hit a construction cone in the middle of the freeway, this started to give me trouble and all the annoying sound, the annoying sound is clear and loud coming from my driver side, sound like it's under the hood and my tires, can shock be the problem of all this problem?

what's the OEM shock for my lexus? can autozone shock do? it come with Warranty: Limited Lifetime

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par.../N-jnkgeZ8oxxw

i need something that is comfortable and smooth, thank you for helping and sorry i'm not good at writing

Last edited by JiTeng; 10-06-14 at 08:38 PM.
Old 10-09-14, 08:42 AM
ReyRey305
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same issue. I was lowered on F-sport springs w/ stock shocks and the front driver side shock eventually blew after 2 years being lowered. It made a hard thump sound when I went over small bumps. You can buy a replacement one from Sewell lexus and get a discount if you sign up and link your club lexus name.

Also , You can probably get a KYB shock from other websites...
Old 10-10-14, 09:13 PM
JiTeng
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ReyRey305
I had the same issue. I was lowered on F-sport springs w/ stock shocks and the front driver side shock eventually blew after 2 years being lowered. It made a hard thump sound when I went over small bumps. You can buy a replacement one from Sewell lexus and get a discount if you sign up and link your club lexus name.

Also , You can probably get a KYB shock from other websites...

KYB, are the OE replacement?
it's oh k just to get the shock only?

Lexus forum seem to be so shy..lol..
Old 10-11-14, 06:25 AM
alchemist
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by JiTeng
KYB, are the OE replacement?
it's oh k just to get the shock only?

Lexus forum seem to be so shy..lol..
yes and yes....KYB and strut only