Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Strut and Sway Bar Supplier

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-14, 11:43 AM
anewname
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Strut and Sway Bar Supplier

Our cars are out of production now (and there were never that many of them to begin with) so I am having trouble finding a source for an upper strut tower bar and possibly a rear sway bar kit of some kind.

Does anyone know a reputable site with reasonable prices where I can order a strut tower bar compatible with AVS (I realize I will have to remove the protective caps), and maybe something for the rear as well?

I emailed GTSpec and they said they didn't know if it would fit my car and they would let me know when they get a GS to test on (probably never going to happen).

Hoping someone with experience with this can help me out...

I'm in a 2010 GS450h for reference.

Thanks!
Old 07-12-14, 09:32 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The IS will fit he GS
Old 07-12-14, 09:42 PM
anewname
Rookie

Originally Posted by swtjlsy
The IS will fit he GS
Which strut tower bar made for the IS will clear the AVS actuators? That is the first part of the question. Next is: where is a good place to buy it?
Old 07-13-14, 12:49 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

Why do you want a strut brace? I dont think the GS needs it! I do agree with you on swaybars, I believe two companies make them and both can be found on ebay. Fsport and Ultra Racing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-11-GS350-GS430-GS460-F-Sport-Sway-Bar-set-NEW-genuine-Lexus-OEM-/181157271123?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AGS350&hash=item2a2dd09653&vxp=mtr
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRA-RACING-19MM-REAR-ANTI-ROLL-SWAY-BAR-STABILIZER-06-12-LEXUS-GS300-350-IS250-/230875824170?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AGS350&hash=item35c145802a&vxp=mtr
Old 07-13-14, 07:31 AM
anewname
Rookie

Originally Posted by ibidu1
Why do you want a strut brace? I dont think the GS needs it! I do agree with you on swaybars, I believe two companies make them and both can be found on ebay. Fsport and Ultra Racing
Thanks for the reply and digging up those links.

I think there is a lot of flex in the front of the car. The strut tower brace seems like a good thing to do to help eliminate that. With the lower braces and some F-Sport springs I should have a good time, don't you think?
Old 07-13-14, 12:37 PM
Mistahoo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't look hard enough. Also as mentioned, there's the F Sport sway bars
http://www.l-tunedparts.com/model/st...7&model_id=105
Old 07-13-14, 01:57 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by anewname
Thanks for the reply and digging up those links.

I think there is a lot of flex in the front of the car. The strut tower brace seems like a good thing to do to help eliminate that. With the lower braces and some F-Sport springs I should have a good time, don't you think?
I dont think top and lower strut brace you will see a noticeable difference as you would with sway bars and coil overs. Unless you track this car I say go all the way!
Old 07-13-14, 07:28 PM
anewname
Rookie

Originally Posted by ibidu1
I dont think top and lower strut brace you will see a noticeable difference as you would with sway bars and coil overs. Unless you track this car I say go all the way!
Are sway bars really that noticeable? It seems like it is the towers that will be forced together under hard cornering due to what I am imagining would be the point of leverage.

I don't want to swap out my shock absorbers and lose my AVS, but I am planning on putting in F-Sport or NF210 springs though.

I want to do:
Springs - NF210 or F-Sport
Sway bars and braces front and rear + strut tower bar (basically everything here except the last two, which may be overkill: http://www.ultraracing.my/catalog/in...oller=category)
Linea Corse LC818 in silver w/ Michelin Pilot Super Sport 8.5" | 245/34/19 + 10" | 275/30/19

I think this will make for a nice setup. Any thoughts or advice are appreciated.
Old 07-13-14, 08:48 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by anewname
Are sway bars really that noticeable? It seems like it is the towers that will be forced together under hard cornering due to what I am imagining would be the point of leverage.

I don't want to swap out my shock absorbers and lose my AVS, but I am planning on putting in F-Sport or NF210 springs though.

I want to do:
Springs - NF210 or F-Sport
Sway bars and braces front and rear + strut tower bar (basically everything here except the last two, which may be overkill: http://www.ultraracing.my/catalog/in...oller=category)
Linea Corse LC818 in silver w/ Michelin Pilot Super Sport 8.5" | 245/34/19 + 10" | 275/30/19

I think this will make for a nice setup. Any thoughts or advice are appreciated.
Yes incredibly! It's night and day when I went from stock to F-Sport Swaybars. Much more planted during looping freeway on ramps. Also for your springs, are you getting for the look of a dropped car or for some performance out of it? The NF210's will drop it more(F-Sport drop looks nearly the same as stock) but the F-Sport might get more handling out of your car. Highly recommend the swaybars if you want better handling and performance out of your car!
Old 07-13-14, 09:15 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Swaybars are way more noticeable! Too thick of sway bars and youll take corners really flat.
Old 07-13-14, 09:16 PM
anewname
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mesca
The NF210's will drop it more(F-Sport drop looks nearly the same as stock) but the F-Sport might get more handling out of your car. Highly recommend the swaybars if you want better handling and performance out of your car!
I want a slight drop and some added performance. I am leaning towards the F-Sport so that in my mind it is still somewhat "stock". Right now the gap is like 4 fingers in the front and it's just too much!

On the other hand, back in the day 1SICKLEX (aka Mike from Vossen) put the Tanabes on and had no issues, even despite the extra weight in the back from the hybrid traction batteries. This video is just ridiculous

I am still undecided. It might come down to price and availability in the end.
Old 07-21-14, 11:58 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

You may hardly notice the F-Sport drop. It seriously looks identical to stock. I think you may be happier with the NF210's. I had them on my car too before and I think it'll be what you're looking for.
Old 07-22-14, 08:27 AM
3ZERO3
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the F-sport sway bars, springs and Shocks. No one will believe me but it handles better than my E46 M3 I used to have. I love the F-spot springs, It doesn't slam the car on the ground like a lot of people want but it does make a big difference.
Old 07-22-14, 02:13 PM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

Wow that black GS with the Vossens is simply gorgeous!
Old 07-22-14, 02:35 PM
warandcar
Lead Lap

i like the look of the black GS. i need a sponsor like that!

Quick Reply: Strut and Sway Bar Supplier