Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

UAS w/Ksport OR BC Coilovers, Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-14, 07:01 AM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default UAS w/Ksport OR BC Coilovers, Question

I've been reading for quite a few days now and I've developed my pros and cons list for air vs coil overs and need a little help with a fairly simple question.

here's the background: If I go air, I've decided that I'm going with Ksport struts and the UAS FBSS Autoleveling with e-level. I love the fact that this system is automatic, and reminds me of my porsche cayenne gts that had air suspension. I loaded humans or suitcases/golfclubs/etc in the back and the suspension stayed level, whether it was on the sport setting or off-road setting (side note, one of the quietest compressors ever, it was mounted under the passenger seat and I heard it one time). With my NF210, I have no adjustment, I put one reasonably sized human in the backseat (with 20" wheels) and rub-a-dub-dub. So here's the question. If I go with just coilovers, are there adjustments that can be made SIMPLY when I'm adding humans etc to the back of the car to hold the ride height? I'm not talking about removing the wheels and adjusting it manually. Can I simply adjust the dampers and 'stiffen' the ride to support the added weight? Can the dampers in the rear be set to always have the same ride height, but support an additional 150-350 lbs of humans and luggage without bottoming out?

sorry for the rookie senario/question, but if I can save $3000 and pick up a slight PITA adjustment vs the awesome auto leveling air option, maybe I'll have some cash left over for a JDM 08+ Aero kit!

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-01-14, 01:07 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Leave it at stock height and don't mess with it lol. It should save you a few thousand.

Autoleveling is the shizz, don't think there's a replacement for it, GL!
Old 07-03-14, 05:35 AM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

What's this 'save money' you speak of? Is this some newfangled term that I don't understand? I thought the idea of buying a Lexus was to dump as much money into aftermarket 'improvements' as possible to make a perfectly good car into a sleek killing machine designed to break necks! Haha. Yeah, we all have a problem, and it's only solved by 'making it our own'. Anyway, I've got air runner with accuair on the way, stoked!!
Old 07-03-14, 05:58 AM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha, baller! Which accuair setup did you go with?
Old 07-03-14, 06:17 AM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

'Baller on a budget'. I picked up Areukhmer air runner set up but got upgraded e-level sensors and added i-level for a steal from swtjlsy (and his proprietary bolt on rear sensor brackets). So, full air runner (basic) set up with two compressors, 4gal tank, struts, and accuair with e-level. All buttoned up for a strong savings over list price. Wife is gonna be piiiiiiiissssed! Hahaha. She'll get something shiny to make her forget.
Old 07-03-14, 06:22 AM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

I came up with a simple calculation when it comes to buying "unnecessary" upgrades for the car.

$Parts + $Wife = 1.5($Parts)

or

$Parts/2 = $Wife

Happy wife happy life!