Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

J5 AVS compatible coilover

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-14, 04:15 PM
J5usa
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default J5 AVS compatible coilover

We have been approached by few 4th gen GS owners on our IS posts. when will the AVS RWD and AWD will be released. Happy to say it is in development and estimate 2-3 weeks for the RWD and 3-4wk for the AWD. AVS compatible.

We are taking pre-orders if you want to take an advantage on the current special. retail $2250
$1650 non AVS
$1750 w/ AVS

the price includes FREE shipping within the usa.

PM to hold your set at this special pricing

picture of our Lexus IS fsport coils. (of course the GS will have a fork)
[IMG][/IMG]

and a video showing our dampening working with the AVS module. the noise is from the AVS module as it makes a click as shown below

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-10-14, 08:44 AM
gotink
Rookie

Been waiting for this....getting ready to start a full build soon..
Old 06-11-14, 01:32 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I was checking out this and wondered what happens if there is no more turns available on the coilover.
Old 06-11-14, 02:26 PM
J5usa
Driver

Originally Posted by sam430
I was checking out this and wondered what happens if there is no more turns available on the coilover.
LEXUS AVS MODULE - YouTube
We offer three different dampening setting with the current setup. From the factory it comes at the hardest setting you will need to turn the pin counter clockwise 360 degree to start. and have option of 180 clockwise and counter clockwise for your dampening choice. these three setting are the only setting we recommend. if you install the AVS module at the hardest setting as it comes from the factory, it will not turn.
Old 06-11-14, 03:36 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Glad that it defaults to the most firm. I doubt i would turn mines back 360.
Old 06-11-14, 04:38 PM
J5usa
Driver

Originally Posted by sam430
Glad that it defaults to the most firm. I doubt i would turn mines back 360.
The current AVS module has a rotation of 110 degree, that is why we ask from the factory setting at the most firm to turn counter clockwise 180 degree, which will be your first setting. another 180 degree for your second and another 180 for your 3rd setting which is the max we ask you turn the pin counter clockwise from the most firm setting.
Old 06-11-14, 05:27 PM
ilv1004s
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

so this will work with the sports dial in cabin right?
Old 06-11-14, 06:36 PM
J5usa
Driver

Originally Posted by ilv1004s
so this will work with the sports dial in cabin right?
Yes sir, it works as your normal AVS Sport+ mode. added benefit of 3 dampening level choice and all the other benefits of a coilover.
Old 06-11-14, 07:01 PM
Jaysoo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J5usa
Yes sir, it works as your normal AVS Sport+ mode. added benefit of 3 dampening level choice and all the other benefits of a coilover.
how would we be able to choose 3 dampening levels when there's only 2 settings in the cabin dial. normal to sport +?
Old 06-11-14, 07:08 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Jaysoo
how would we be able to choose 3 dampening levels when there's only 2 settings in the cabin dial. normal to sport +?
You have three settings on the coilover before you install the avs controller. You can remove the avs and change it to your preference. Once you attach the avs, you can turn on sports+ and get another 110 degree turn clockwise from the controller inside your car.

Last edited by sam430; 06-11-14 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-11-14, 07:14 PM
J5usa
Driver

Originally Posted by Jaysoo
Our AVS coilover offers three dampening choice (firmness) So you can choose ur setting before having your AVS go to work. The AVS even at sport mode does not change your dampening theAVS will increase and decrease within its 110 degree rotation to give you that extra firmness when needed.

Just think of it as a regular coilover with three dampening choice. And the AVS from your setting will make it stiffer when needed in sport+ mode Hope I was able to answer ur question.
Old 06-11-14, 08:43 PM
IS340
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our AVS coilover offers three dampening choice (firmness) So you can choose ur setting before having your AVS go to work. The AVS even at sport mode does not change your dampening theAVS will increase and decrease within its 110 degree rotation to give you that extra firmness when needed.

Just think of it as a regular coilover with three dampening choice. And the AVS from your setting will make it stiffer when needed in sport+ mode Hope I was able to answer ur question.

How would the dampening (ride) be, compared to stock? Of corse the ride height is altered (lowered). My question is how would the ride difference be if lowered, normal setting to sport+, vice versa? Is it gonna be stiff, to super stiff? Or soft to super stiff, etc? Sorry for the multiple questions....

Thanks
Old 06-11-14, 10:10 PM
J5usa
Driver

Originally Posted by IS340
How would the dampening (ride) be, compared to stock? Of corse the ride height is altered (lowered). My question is how would the ride difference be if lowered, normal setting to sport+, vice versa? Is it gonna be stiff, to super stiff? Or soft to super stiff, etc? Sorry for the multiple questions....

Thanks
These are great questions to ask, and I will try to explain it to my best knowledge.

How would the dampening (ride) be, compared to stock? this will depend on spring rate and your choice of dampening, but in general stiffer. Of course the ride height is altered (lowered). My question is how would the ride difference be if lowered, normal setting to sport+, vice versa? your ride will not matter on height adjustment, Is it gonna be stiff, to super stiff? Or soft to super stiff, etc?the stock AVS doesnt have enough rotation to turn any dampening super soft to super stiff. just enough to give you that extra performance.

Our AVS compatible coilover offer three different dampening setting, lets say soft, med, hard. These don't have clicks like other coilovers as the AVS module need a smooth rotation. if its too stiff the motor will not turn the dampening pin. (this and maximizing the dampening with such small rotation was the most difficult during rnd)

the ride will also depend on the spring rate you choose to run, we offer 14/12, 12/10 and 10/8. for example if you use 10/8 with the softest dampening setting will be little stiffer than your stock ride. and get little stiffer as you change to med to hard on our dampening and changing the height of the coils will not matter with your ride.

The current AVS from the factory works like this, its has a rotation of about 110 degree (shown on the previous post) when you set it at sport+ mode doesn't mean your ride will be stiffer as soon as you change it, it stiffens the dampening as needed at highspeed, hard turns etc. and goes back to normal when its not needed. One of the reason you feel the difference when set to sport+ mode is that the AVS doesnt just change the dampening but steering etc with all combined gives you that little extra performance.

One of the reason we wanted to offer atleast three dampening choice is so that you will still have an option to choose your ride before you take on the benefit of the AVS.

I might have gone off topic lol sorry... but I hope I answered your questions.
Old 06-11-14, 10:53 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

The current AVS from the factory works like this, its has a rotation of about 110 degree (shown on the previous post) when you set it at sport+ mode doesn't mean your ride will be stiffer as soon as you change it, it stiffens the dampening as needed at highspeed, hard turns etc. and goes back to normal when its not needed. ...
Did not know that it moves 110 back and forth as needed when it's in plus mode. I thought it stays 110 clockwise when set to plus mode and stays there until you revert back to normal mode.
Old 06-11-14, 11:11 PM
Leonboy
Driver

So you have 3 settings with your coil overs . You choose your preference of firmness or softness prior to reattaching the AVS. Then you can increase the firmness from Normal/Sport to Sport+ control ****. So there can only be 2 settings of firmness change on the fly.Sorry if this is a dumb question,but just wanna understand and clarify exactly how your system works.Thanks!

Quick Reply: J5 AVS compatible coilover