Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

J5 AVS compatible coilover

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-14, 09:13 AM
illtal
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J5usa
Got it, looking forward to another happy customer
Apparently I can't PM, Can you send me one please J5usa? I'd like to get a quote.
Old 01-20-15, 04:34 PM
BlueAc215
Driver

Are these still produced?

Edit: Found them....

Last edited by BlueAc215; 01-20-15 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-25-15, 07:35 PM
criticalgt
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Please send me a price shipped to 60025

2014 IS350 F Sport RWD with AVS
Old 03-25-15, 08:45 PM
skk72
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=criticalgt;8970914]Please send me a price shipped to 60025

2014 IS350 F Sport
They are not on clublexus anymore you will need to contact them via email, instagram or Facebook .
Old 03-26-15, 07:32 AM
BlueAc215
Driver

Originally Posted by criticalgt
Please send me a price shipped to 60025

2014 IS350 F Sport RWD with AVS
Send them an email from their website. I did so and they got back to me right away. Also said they would be becoming a vendor again shortly.
Old 03-26-15, 03:12 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueAc215
Send them an email from their website. I did so and they got back to me right away. Also said they would be becoming a vendor again shortly.
Yeah, I bought mine through their website. It will take about 2 weeks to get them.
Old 07-07-15, 07:38 AM
Mr. Klean
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Why did they stop being a vendor on CL? Was there an issue?
Old 07-10-15, 02:27 AM
hube
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

No idea,

Just ordered a set with them.
Old 08-22-15, 07:31 AM
hube
Pole Position

I am very happy with the set. I wasn't sure if the AVS was set correctly by the installer, so I decided to check myself. I was surprised how easy that is. J5USA, helped me to obtain the information and was extremely helpfull. Thanks Shawn!

I quote:

First setting will be turning the pin counter clockwise 180 degree, 2 nd another 180 degree and 3 rd another 180 degree (which will be the softess setting). Total and max counter clockwise rotation of 540 degree from the hardest setting.
(if you don’t remember the rotation please turn the pin clockwise by hand till it stops which is the hardest point.)

This is a quick guide to how I solved it. I have mad ethe assumption that the brackets that hold the AVS motors were installed correctly. I will show a few pics regarding the rear shocks. Front is also easy, just remove the cap and you'll get acces to the shocks and the AVS motor.

First picture below shows the AVS motor connected to the J5 shock, it is important you remember the position of the motor (180 degree ambiguity.):

The next picture shows the pin which needs to be rotated

So initially i rotated the pin clockwise until no further movement was possible. (Don't use too much force). Then I rotated counterclockwise 3 x 180 degrees (=540 degrees) to get it into the most comfortable setting. I refitted the AVS motor and finished. No rocket-science here.

As for performance, the set is extremely comfortable. I asked that it was set so that in normal mode the suspension is comfortable and in sport + it goes to the harder setting. This means that medium setting described above is probably set harder by J5.

The car drives extremely sharp. You simply point it in the direction you want to go. Bodyroll is low and in sport + it doesn't roll much at all.

This set is a must for people who want a bit more of a sporty drive and want their car to handle well, not giving up too much of the comfort. In my opinion this set gets the best possible balance between sports and comfort.

Now I am spoiled and will not be very happy ever going back to stock.

Of course if it is comfort that you prefer, you don't care for looks and you don't care much for handling, never ever ever lower the car or buy coilovers.

That just my 2 cents.

AVS motor on top of J5 coilover

AVS pin of J5 coilover

Last edited by hube; 08-22-15 at 09:29 AM.
Old 09-18-15, 08:14 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hube
I am very happy with the set. I wasn't sure if the AVS was set correctly by the installer, so I decided to check myself. I was surprised how easy that is. J5USA, helped me to obtain the information and was extremely helpfull. Thanks Shawn!

I quote:

First setting will be turning the pin counter clockwise 180 degree, 2 nd another 180 degree and 3 rd another 180 degree (which will be the softess setting). Total and max counter clockwise rotation of 540 degree from the hardest setting.
(if you don’t remember the rotation please turn the pin clockwise by hand till it stops which is the hardest point.)

This is a quick guide to how I solved it. I have mad ethe assumption that the brackets that hold the AVS motors were installed correctly. I will show a few pics regarding the rear shocks. Front is also easy, just remove the cap and you'll get acces to the shocks and the AVS motor.

First picture below shows the AVS motor connected to the J5 shock, it is important you remember the position of the motor (180 degree ambiguity.):

The next picture shows the pin which needs to be rotated

So initially i rotated the pin clockwise until no further movement was possible. (Don't use too much force). Then I rotated counterclockwise 3 x 180 degrees (=540 degrees) to get it into the most comfortable setting. I refitted the AVS motor and finished. No rocket-science here.

As for performance, the set is extremely comfortable. I asked that it was set so that in normal mode the suspension is comfortable and in sport + it goes to the harder setting. This means that medium setting described above is probably set harder by J5.

The car drives extremely sharp. You simply point it in the direction you want to go. Bodyroll is low and in sport + it doesn't roll much at all.

This set is a must for people who want a bit more of a sporty drive and want their car to handle well, not giving up too much of the comfort. In my opinion this set gets the best possible balance between sports and comfort.

Now I am spoiled and will not be very happy ever going back to stock.

Of course if it is comfort that you prefer, you don't care for looks and you don't care much for handling, never ever ever lower the car or buy coilovers.

That just my 2 cents.

AVS motor on top of J5 coilover

AVS pin of J5 coilover

So glad you posted thiis. I hust finish installing the rear j5. What did you use to turn the stiffness adjuster?

Btw, did you get the heaflight check warning?
Old 09-19-15, 02:27 PM
hube
Pole Position

Welcome

Just a pair of thin plyers.

And what headlight check warning? Depending on the height and stance you choose, you (or a garage) will have to readjust those.
Old 09-19-15, 09:07 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by hube
Welcome

Just a pair of thin plyers.

And what headlight check warning? Depending on the height and stance you choose, you (or a garage) will have to readjust those.
Thanks!

Will be looking for a tweezer
Imy lights were pointing up. I will have to adjust it myself for the time being, then get it adjusted by dealer.
Old 10-03-15, 08:39 PM
rrriceboi
Driver School Candidate

Default J5 Suspension 12/10 spring rate 4GS

Had my J5's suspension installed last week by none other than Tommy_music box in El Monte. This was his very first J5 install and I could tell as it took him 3 hours to do so. Dropped it a good 2 inches and was worried about ride comfort. Boy was I wrong! turned the dampening 540 degrees so that @ sport + mode would set the suspension @ medium stiff. The ride feels like stock but this time around its much more lower and aggressive looking. Took it around some long banking off ramps and on ramps on sport+ mode. Very Very responsive and did not feel much roll at all (btw i was coming to a long off ramp @ 75 mph). To all the 4gs owners out there, please spend it on a good pair of coilovers such as these AVS integrated J5's. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!
Old 10-04-15, 09:18 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rrriceboi
Had my J5's suspension installed last week by none other than Tommy_music box in El Monte. This was his very first J5 install and I could tell as it took him 3 hours to do so. Dropped it a good 2 inches and was worried about ride comfort. Boy was I wrong! turned the dampening 540 degrees so that @ sport + mode would set the suspension @ medium stiff. The ride feels like stock but this time around its much more lower and aggressive looking. Took it around some long banking off ramps and on ramps on sport+ mode. Very Very responsive and did not feel much roll at all (btw i was coming to a long off ramp @ 75 mph). To all the 4gs owners out there, please spend it on a good pair of coilovers such as these AVS integrated J5's. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!
Still have to adjust mine... the front end was very bouncy. The rears are behaving.
Old 10-04-15, 03:59 PM
rrriceboi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sam430
Still have to adjust mine... the front end was very bouncy. The rears are behaving.
Make sure you adjust the AVS correctly. U might either torqued it too much on the fronts. Turn it clockwise all the way till you cannot turn anymore to reset the dampening and start from there.

Quick Reply: J5 AVS compatible coilover