Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

J5 AVS compatible coilover

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-14, 11:27 AM
J5usa
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sam430
Did not know that it moves 110 back and forth as needed when it's in plus mode. I thought it stays 110 clockwise when set to plus mode and stays there until you revert back to normal mode.
AVS has been around for a while, and its an awesome added bonus for street driving. because of its rotation the dampening has to be smooth.
Old 06-12-14, 11:35 AM
J5usa
Driver

Originally Posted by Leonboy
So you have 3 settings with your coil overs . You choose your preference of firmness or softness prior to reattaching the AVS. Then you can increase the firmness from Normal/Sport to Sport+ control ****. So there can only be 2 settings of firmness change on the fly.Sorry if this is a dumb question,but just wanna understand and clarify exactly how your system works.Thanks!
from our three setting, once you choose the setting and install the AVS module this setting will be your normal driving setting, basically you have three dampening choice for normal driving conditions. when you choose the sport + mode it will stiffen more as needed from your initial setting.
Old 06-12-14, 05:51 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by J5usa
from our three setting, once you choose the setting and install the AVS module this setting will be your normal driving setting, basically you have three dampening choice for normal driving conditions. when you choose the sport + mode it will stiffen more as needed from your initial setting.
I don't see how you get three settings given the avs system moves back and forth during initializing. You can't preset at minimum because the avs can't move 110 degree counterclockwise. You can't preset to max because the avs can't move 110 degree clockwise.

You need to keep 110 degrees movement available at the lowest setting and 110 degrees available from the highest settings.
Old 06-12-14, 08:02 PM
IS340
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J5usa
These are great questions to ask, and I will try to explain it to my best knowledge.

How would the dampening (ride) be, compared to stock? this will depend on spring rate and your choice of dampening, but in general stiffer. Of course the ride height is altered (lowered). My question is how would the ride difference be if lowered, normal setting to sport+, vice versa? your ride will not matter on height adjustment, Is it gonna be stiff, to super stiff? Or soft to super stiff, etc?the stock AVS doesnt have enough rotation to turn any dampening super soft to super stiff. just enough to give you that extra performance.

Our AVS compatible coilover offer three different dampening setting, lets say soft, med, hard. These don't have clicks like other coilovers as the AVS module need a smooth rotation. if its too stiff the motor will not turn the dampening pin. (this and maximizing the dampening with such small rotation was the most difficult during rnd)

the ride will also depend on the spring rate you choose to run, we offer 14/12, 12/10 and 10/8. for example if you use 10/8 with the softest dampening setting will be little stiffer than your stock ride. and get little stiffer as you change to med to hard on our dampening and changing the height of the coils will not matter with your ride.

The current AVS from the factory works like this, its has a rotation of about 110 degree (shown on the previous post) when you set it at sport+ mode doesn't mean your ride will be stiffer as soon as you change it, it stiffens the dampening as needed at highspeed, hard turns etc. and goes back to normal when its not needed. One of the reason you feel the difference when set to sport+ mode is that the AVS doesnt just change the dampening but steering etc with all combined gives you that little extra performance.

One of the reason we wanted to offer atleast three dampening choice is so that you will still have an option to choose your ride before you take on the benefit of the AVS.

I might have gone off topic lol sorry... but I hope I answered your questions.

Awesome , you answered my questions, great information to consider when I am ready. One more question, what spring rate combos is suited for a daily driver with comfort in mind (stock)? Little stiffer is ok. Thanks again for the help.
Old 06-12-14, 08:06 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

10/8 at ssoftest setting
Old 06-12-14, 09:41 PM
J5usa
Driver

Originally Posted by IS340
Awesome , you answered my questions, great information to consider when I am ready. One more question, what spring rate combos is suited for a daily driver with comfort in mind (stock)? Little stiffer is ok. Thanks again for the help.
Sam430 is correct, 10/8 softest setting.
Old 06-13-14, 05:48 AM
IS340
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

10/8 at ssoftest setting
Thanks Sam and J5.
Old 06-15-14, 10:01 PM
J5usa
Driver

Originally Posted by IS340
Thanks Sam and J5.
Let us know if you have any other questions.
Thank you
Old 06-25-14, 09:14 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Any news for the Gs350 folks?
Old 06-27-14, 11:02 AM
J5usa
Driver

Any news for the Gs350 folks?
There was a slight delay on development. looking at another week or so for the final product.
Thank you for your patience.
Old 07-12-14, 11:51 AM
J5usa
Driver

Last week to take advantage of our Free Shipping within the USA. ends 18th of July.
Old 07-14-14, 11:09 AM
Leonboy
Driver

I'm interested in a set.Pm you.
Old 07-14-14, 10:02 PM
Leonboy
Driver

payment info sent .
Old 07-15-14, 03:26 PM
Leonboy
Driver

Paypal payment sent. Thanks Shawn, can't wait to install these bad boys.
Old 07-15-14, 03:37 PM
J5usa
Driver

Originally Posted by Leonboy
Paypal payment sent. Thanks Shawn, can't wait to install these bad boys.
Got it, looking forward to another happy customer

Quick Reply: J5 AVS compatible coilover