Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Ksport air struts plus Airlift Autopilot v2.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-14, 05:15 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ksport air struts plus Airlift Autopilot v2.

I'm very pleased with the kSport struts. Not so pleased with the Autopilot v2. It's not very consistent and overshoots, then undershoots over and over trying to hit its presets. I've messed with the calibration settings with no luck. Really wishing I went with e-level now. The Autopilot actually seems a bit dangerous considering it will air out to nothing over and over trying to hit ~say 60psi from 100. It's very annoying. Manual mode is the only safe way to use it which defeats half of the features on the system. Maybe my unit has issues that others don't? I don't know...
Attached Thumbnails Ksport air struts plus Airlift Autopilot v2.-image-1925956814.jpg   Ksport air struts plus Airlift Autopilot v2.-image-511080805.jpg   Ksport air struts plus Airlift Autopilot v2.-image-358180545.jpg   Ksport air struts plus Airlift Autopilot v2.-image-3940769942.jpg   Ksport air struts plus Airlift Autopilot v2.-image-2467543901.jpg  

Ksport air struts plus Airlift Autopilot v2.-image-3717515135.jpg  
Old 04-25-14, 06:22 PM
Synergy001
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm glad that u finally got it but it sucks to hear about the issues your are having. Car looks great tho...
Old 04-25-14, 06:51 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 44 Posts

Sorry man, pressure based systems are no where close to voltage based systems. Pressure based systemw have way too many variables. I highly recommend ridetech with e-level or accuair with e-level.
Old 04-25-14, 06:55 PM
SLOW4DR
Pole Position

I've read similar issues. This is good to know because I was considering the autopilot v2. I hear the airrex ams is good, well I guess I haven't heard any bad things about it.
Old 04-25-14, 06:59 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

It's just horribly inaccurate. I don't see how anybody could be satisfied with such an unpredictable system. I thought with the "calibration" that it would learn what pressures need to be given and released, but doing the calibration over and over doesn't seem to help. I have to hit presets several times to "fine tune" the setting which doesn't seem convenient. It's quite a hassle trying to rise and drive not knowing if you hit the desired ride height.
Old 04-25-14, 08:58 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

aaaaaaand, I told you so .

I told avs20 the same thing.... You might want to update him yourself about how it isn't such a great system :P

Like KuWuPt said, pressure based systems are never accurate....

At least on the ridetech, the sensitivity on pressure based systems is adjustable.... Is the autopilot v2 adjustable on sensitivity?
Old 04-25-14, 09:10 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

There is a setting for the sensitivity, but it doesn't seem to do much. I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the unit I got.

If it would work as advertised it really wouldn't be a bad system.
Old 04-25-14, 09:49 PM
XxGoKoUxX

It's a "budget" system. In the case of air susp.... It really is "you get what you pay for" unfortunately...

I've asked around many air guru's, and inquired many many shops... They all tell me the same two companies over and over again. Ridetech OR Accuair.
Old 04-26-14, 03:00 AM
felo2081
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Aside the problems with ur air system the car looks good bro!
Old 04-26-14, 07:42 AM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by felo2081
Aside the problems with ur air system the car looks good bro!
Haha, thanks. I am happy about that.
Old 04-26-14, 07:47 AM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
It's a "budget" system. In the case of air susp.... It really is "you get what you pay for" unfortunately...

I've asked around many air guru's, and inquired many many shops... They all tell me the same two companies over and over again. Ridetech OR Accuair.
Even though Accuair is a better system, they have their fair share of problems. I've read countless posts about manifolds and height sensors not functioning properly. Plus, how much pressure is in your tank right now? 😏
Old 04-26-14, 12:38 PM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Ditto, aside from the issue you're having, the car does look good. Hope you can get some help from the manufacturer to solve the problems... GL!
Old 04-26-14, 07:24 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Well I added a second 2gal tank and it seems to be having better luck hitting presets. Not sure why that made a difference and that wasn't even my intention(I just wanted more air). I think I'm going to order another 5gal tank to replace the 2gal anyways so I will have 10gal of air to play with. My wife says "you're already running out of room in your trunk!". :-/

Eyeballing that spare tire....
Old 04-26-14, 10:19 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Originally Posted by Schmexus
Even though Accuair is a better system, they have their fair share of problems. I've read countless posts about manifolds and height sensors not functioning properly. Plus, how much pressure is in your tank right now? 😏
Manifolds? I agree there, it's a very sensitive manifold, even a spec of wood dust in there will mess up the manifolds. It isn't hard to disassemble though, I've been told.

I haven't had a problem with my height sensors, it's the v1. It's all in the install, from what I've been told, that tells you whether or not you'll have problems.

I don't need to know the pressure in my tank, I just hit the button and go .

Originally Posted by Schmexus
Well I added a second 2gal tank and it seems to be having better luck hitting presets. Not sure why that made a difference and that wasn't even my intention(I just wanted more air). I think I'm going to order another 5gal tank to replace the 2gal anyways so I will have 10gal of air to play with. My wife says "you're already running out of room in your trunk!". :-/

Eyeballing that spare tire....
I'd love a secondary tank lol..... As for the trunk room? I threw that out the window already..... I managed to shove 2 12s AND air in there, with ZERO room now.
Old 04-27-14, 01:38 AM
mlum808
Driver

the airrex system works awsome many happy customers.

we even have guys on elevel swapping out for airrex.

Quick Reply: Ksport air struts plus Airlift Autopilot v2.