Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Dropped on RS*R Down Springs

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-13, 07:48 PM
Shoofin'GS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dropped on RS*R Down Springs

I got a friend of mine into a '13 GS350 AWD F-Sport, and him knowing how I am about modding cars, told me he wanted to lower the car. After doing the research for him, decided on the RS*R Down Springs for his car. As much as I would rather have went with the Super Down springs for his car, thought it might be overkill for the driving he will be doing and he wanted it more to enhance the appearance with a slight improvement in handling, something I thought the "Down" springs would do for him better than the "Super Down", which he'll definitely have to pay a heck of a lot more attention to the roads because of how much lower it would be. I personally thought it would be lower than the results, and I know that they will still settle a bit more. I've done many suspension installs on different cars, but this was the first time on a Lexus. I will say it's definitely one of the easiest installs I think I have ever done. Anywho, enough talking, on to the pics!

Difference in spring height between the stock and RS*R Down springs:

Finished product:

Pardon the dirt, the car was FILTHY!

I drove it around the area to make sure that everything was good, which is was. I can't give much of an impression as far as how much different it feels, because it's not my car to have driven it for some time prior, so, sorry about that....
Old 12-26-13, 10:22 AM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks very subtle. How much would you say it was lowered?
Old 12-28-13, 09:48 PM
LexFather

Very happy RS-R adapted feedback quickly and came with AWD products as well as RWD. Well done.
Old 01-21-14, 06:20 PM
LGSFS2012
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just purchased the same suspension. Love it!!
Old 01-28-14, 03:44 AM
JDW379
Rookie

Was the camber off? If so, how was it adjusted?
Old 01-28-14, 02:33 PM
JDW379
Rookie

Originally Posted by LGSFS2012
I just purchased the same suspension. Love it!!
Were you able to get the camber within spec with an alignment? Please post a picture.
Old 01-30-14, 05:15 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

looks good but very subtle.. take another pic in about 2 weeks after they settle....
Old 05-10-14, 11:18 PM
myfly350
Rookie

Originally Posted by Shoofin'GS
I got a friend of mine into a '13 GS350 AWD F-Sport, and him knowing how I am about modding cars, told me he wanted to lower the car. After doing the research for him, decided on the RS*R Down Springs for his car. As much as I would rather have went with the Super Down springs for his car, thought it might be overkill for the driving he will be doing and he wanted it more to enhance the appearance with a slight improvement in handling, something I thought the "Down" springs would do for him better than the "Super Down", which he'll definitely have to pay a heck of a lot more attention to the roads because of how much lower it would be. I personally thought it would be lower than the results, and I know that they will still settle a bit more. I've done many suspension installs on different cars, but this was the first time on a Lexus. I will say it's definitely one of the easiest installs I think I have ever done. Anywho, enough talking, on to the pics!

Difference in spring height between the stock and RS*R Down springs:

I drove it around the area to make sure that everything was good, which is was. I can't give much of an impression as far as how much different it feels, because it's not my car to have driven it for some time prior, so, sorry about that....
I'm stuck in the little bit of the same dilemma I have a all-wheel-drive and I'm thinking of going with the super down but I'm not sure how much more it will drop from the pictures above would you know??