RS*R Super Down Springs finally installed! - Page 2 - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

RS*R Super Down Springs finally installed!

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-14, 05:46 PM   #16
lazerlazer
Driver
 
lazerlazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 131
Default

I cant believe no one has gotten a alignment and posted there alignment specs, after the drop.
lazerlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-14, 08:15 AM   #17
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,949
Default

Perfect drop!
Brian@Vossen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-14, 10:12 PM   #18
jmtamu
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: TX
Posts: 204
Default

Looks great. Need 20s now.
jmtamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-14, 11:00 AM   #19
leirbag
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: florida
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerlazer View Post
I cant believe no one has gotten a alignment and posted there alignment specs, after the drop.
So i've been lurking here since a few days before I pulled the trigger on my GS. I forgot to ask for the before and after specs until I was paying and they had already been blown out, the mechanic did remember what they were though...

First here's a few shots of before and after:








Sorry they're not at the same angle, I was kind of antsy to get these springs on. They didn't even leave my porch where they were delivered, box was opened where the delivery guy left them and they went in!


So it seems when our rear suspension compresses, the toe angle aims in. I suppose to keep the car aiming straight as the suspension gets loaded up. So the toe was really bad! I had:


-1.1 degrees of camber in front,

-2.1 degrees in the rear
-.62 degrees of toe on the rear

Final was the same except for -.12 degrees of toe on the rear. The mechanic said I would've chewed through these rear tires in about 3k miles had I not aligned it. I let the springs settle for almost 500 miles, would've done it a lot sooner had I known the toe was that far in. The car drove perfectly straight...
leirbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-14, 08:29 PM   #20
myfly350
Rookie
iTrader: (2)
 
myfly350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: N.Y-- L.I
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leirbag View Post
So i've been lurking here since a few days before I pulled the trigger on my GS. I forgot to ask for the before and after specs until I was paying and they had already been blown out, the mechanic did remember what they were though...

First here's a few shots of before and after:








Sorry they're not at the same angle, I was kind of antsy to get these springs on. They didn't even leave my porch where they were delivered, box was opened where the delivery guy left them and they went in!


So it seems when our rear suspension compresses, the toe angle aims in. I suppose to keep the car aiming straight as the suspension gets loaded up. So the toe was really bad! I had:


-1.1 degrees of camber in front,

-2.1 degrees in the rear
-.62 degrees of toe on the rear

Final was the same except for -.12 degrees of toe on the rear. The mechanic said I would've chewed through these rear tires in about 3k miles had I not aligned it. I let the springs settle for almost 500 miles, would've done it a lot sooner had I known the toe was that far in. The car drove perfectly straight...

what springs are these and is that a AWD?
myfly350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-14, 08:30 PM   #21
myfly350
Rookie
iTrader: (2)
 
myfly350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: N.Y-- L.I
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmpower View Post
Check it out guys... So far, so good! (Sorry , i didn't take any "before" pictures)

Thanks to Tom and company @ SpeedElement!

dude car looks great is that a AWD?
myfly350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-14, 11:47 PM   #22
mdhaliwal
Driver School Candidate
 
mdhaliwal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: WA
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfly350 View Post
dude car looks great is that a AWD?
I see you asking this question everywhere, so I will answer. The only difference between the AWD and the RWD from the factory is that the AWD's come with taller springs. When you install the aftermarket Tanabe's or RS*R's on the cars, they come out to be about the same height for the RWD and the AWD, keeping in mind that the AWD will drop lower to be the same height as the RWD in the end.
mdhaliwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-14, 12:34 AM   #23
myfly350
Rookie
iTrader: (2)
 
myfly350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: N.Y-- L.I
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhaliwal View Post
I see you asking this question everywhere, so I will answer. The only difference between the AWD and the RWD from the factory is that the AWD's come with taller springs. When you install the aftermarket Tanabe's or RS*R's on the cars, they come out to be about the same height for the RWD and the AWD, keeping in mind that the AWD will drop lower to be the same height as the RWD in the end.
makes much more sense now thank you sir very much for acutlly taking the time out to clear that for me.
myfly350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-14, 06:36 AM   #24
leirbag
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: florida
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfly350 View Post
what springs are these and is that a AWD?
RSR super down's. Per the thread title
leirbag is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FL Velgen VMB6 Wheels + Tires bob4256 Wheels and Tires Classifieds 0 09-04-15 05:03 PM
FL FS: Project Kics R40 Neo Chrome Lugnuts bob4256 2Gen IS250 / IS350 / IS-F Classifieds (06-13) 5 11-03-14 09:04 AM
ROBZKAR Photoshoot. RobzKar IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 22 11-02-13 07:34 AM
Few pics at work 07awdis250 IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) 16 08-18-13 12:24 AM
Project wheels are done RobzKar IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 44 08-11-13 05:56 PM


Tags
2013, gs, lexus, rs, super

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:30 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved