Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Tanabe NF210 Springs Installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-16, 08:30 PM
azngster35
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it normal for the rear a little higher then the front with the Tanabe spring????
Old 03-09-16, 10:17 PM
UltraOptms
Driver School Candidate

Really considering getting these springs. Any word on how they affect the life of the shock absorber?
Old 04-05-16, 09:54 AM
Duece
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do most of you guys install camber kits with Tanabe springs?
Old 04-05-16, 09:57 AM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I didn't have a camber kit on my 2014 for 2 years and it was fine. Didn't put them on my 2016 with the tanabe' either.
Old 04-05-16, 04:13 PM
Duece
Rookie

Originally Posted by fsportjay
I didn't have a camber kit on my 2014 for 2 years and it was fine. Didn't put them on my 2016 with the tanabe' either.
Thanks for your help.
Old 04-05-16, 07:41 PM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

No problem. After you install them let it settle for about 2 weeks then get an alignment. You'll be set. If your going to keep your stock wheels, I recommend spacers - 15mm in the front and 20mm in the rear.
Old 04-06-16, 07:56 AM
Duece
Rookie

No problem. After you install them let it settle for about 2 weeks then get an alignment. You'll be set. If your going to keep your stock wheels, I recommend spacers - 15mm in the front and 20mm in the rear.
We'll do on the alignment, I have 15mm on all for corners because I plan on going with a wider tire front & rear.
Old 05-13-16, 05:48 PM
jeromechua
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear is higher than the front after tanabe install

Originally Posted by azngster35
Is it normal for the rear a little higher then the front with the Tanabe spring????
Mine is higher in the rear as well. Not by much.. Maybe half an inch. Is this normal? Had a shop do the install.. Wondering if they could possibly installed it incorrectly
Old 06-01-16, 11:37 PM
msp713
Driver

I lowered my ride on tanabe springs with 15 mm & 20 mm spacers but I've been having issues with vibrations (despite alignment and road force tests). I'm still on stock rims & tires and wanted to ask you guys if there is any difference by going with wider tires (245 and 275) instead of spacers?
Old 06-02-16, 09:15 AM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

Take off the spacers and see if the issue goes away. What brand of spacers did you get? Are they hub centric? I am using the B2D (a vendor on here) and have had 0 issues on my car with vibrations. If you go with a slightly wider tire the wheel is still going to be sunk in the body. Let us know what you find out.
Old 06-07-16, 10:28 AM
MaticsGS84
Driver School Candidate

Take off the spacers and see if the issue goes away. What brand of spacers did you get? Are they hub centric? I am using the B2D (a vendor on here) and have had 0 issues on my car with vibrations. If you go with a slightly wider tire the wheel is still going to be sunk in the body. Let us know what you find out.
I installed Tanabe springs on my GS, with 20in wheels staggered 10in in the back. At first rode smooth with no vibrations. Now I get a lot of vibrating on the freeways. And I got a nail in my back tire. Took it off to have it patched and seen extensive wear on the inside of my tire. Even had bubble forming on the inside wall, only had the tires for about 10,000 miles. Now have to replace them very soon. Any ideas or suggestions? I've had it aligned every time I had tire service. I've heard the camber need to be adjusted but there are no kits out for the 4th Gen GS yet.. Any help? Very frustrated.
Old 06-07-16, 01:52 PM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

Did you have them check the balance on the wheels? What PSI were you running? I had spacers + tanabe springs with my stock staggered 19" fsport wheels/tires for 16k miles and they wore evenly. I had about another 1k miles before I needed to replace the stock rear tires. Did 1 alignment 2 weeks after the spring install and had it checked a year later. Always kept up on my tire pressure and tire balance.
Old 06-07-16, 05:03 PM
trbosmitty
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MaticsGS84
I installed Tanabe springs on my GS, with 20in wheels staggered 10in in the back. At first rode smooth with no vibrations. Now I get a lot of vibrating on the freeways. And I got a nail in my back tire. Took it off to have it patched and seen extensive wear on the inside of my tire. Even had bubble forming on the inside wall, only had the tires for about 10,000 miles. Now have to replace them very soon. Any ideas or suggestions? I've had it aligned every time I had tire service. I've heard the camber need to be adjusted but there are no kits out for the 4th Gen GS yet.. Any help? Very frustrated.

Figs and SPC both make rear camber kits for our cars
Old 06-07-16, 10:08 PM
msp713
Driver

I need to change my tires and the Super Sports only have the 275 available right now. I'm lowered on Tanabe's so if I go with 245 front and 275 rear, will I be ok?

I was also running on 15mm/20mm spacers and unsure if I need to change the size of my spacers.
Old 06-13-16, 08:30 PM
MaticsGS84
Driver School Candidate

Did you have them check the balance on the wheels? What PSI were you running? I had spacers + tanabe springs with my stock staggered 19" fsport wheels/tires for 16k miles and they wore evenly. I had about another 1k miles before I needed to replace the stock rear tires. Did 1 alignment 2 weeks after the spring install and had it checked a year later. Always kept up on my tire pressure and tire balance.
I just replaced all 4 tires with Toyo Extensa, had them all balanced and aligned. Back cambers and toe were off a bit. Obviously rides a lot smoother but you can still tell the back tires bow out way too much, which will cause the inside of the tire to wear fast. Not sure what to do, I don't to buy new tires every 12k. I called Tanabe and they said these springs do not need a camber kit, that they sit within spec of stock springs. I might have to install stocks back on smh.

Quick Reply: Tanabe NF210 Springs Installed