Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Tanabe NF210 Springs Installed

Old 01-26-15, 10:46 PM
Boomin
Racer

Received 395 Likes on 240 Posts

Compared to a non f sport ride, what % do you think is increased?
Old 02-03-15, 02:59 PM
hypnotika
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by msp713
Your guys pics look awesome and definitely the way the car should have been made!

For those of you that have lowered on the NF210's...are you all rubbing the front fender over the parking block (or whatever that thing is called)? I have Xpel Ultimate wrapped all around the front and don't want to be scraping anything if I lower with these springs
I've had my NF210s on for almost 2 years. Yes, you will hit 90% of the parking blocks/curbs in front of the car if you are not careful. You will have to learn to stop before you hit the block. Alternatively, back your car in. However, on high curbs/blocks, you may also hit going back in from my experience. Just do everything SLOooWLY.
Old 02-22-15, 04:04 PM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Jeesus that LS.......makes me throw my 2 month old GS in the trash

something about that gill on the side of the car (ala ISF) is just amazing to me
Old 02-22-15, 04:49 PM
ohface
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MEAHT

Jeesus that LS.......makes me throw my 2 month old GS in the trash

something about that gill on the side of the car (ala ISF) is just amazing to me
WOW
Old 03-11-15, 10:09 PM
msp713
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hypnotika
I've had my NF210s on for almost 2 years. Yes, you will hit 90% of the parking blocks/curbs in front of the car if you are not careful. You will have to learn to stop before you hit the block. Alternatively, back your car in. However, on high curbs/blocks, you may also hit going back in from my experience. Just do everything SLOooWLY.
Got it, thank you!
Old 03-28-15, 10:24 AM
neilattack
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought for sure I wanted a set of RS*R Superdown for my drop. However, after reading this thread, as well as reading about the camber issues people have with the Superdown springs, I went and ordered a set of Tanabe springs instead.

Can't wait for them to get here and installed for a proper stance!
Old 03-28-15, 11:33 AM
ohface
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by neilattack
I thought for sure I wanted a set of RS*R Superdown for my drop. However, after reading this thread, as well as reading about the camber issues people have with the Superdown springs, I went and ordered a set of Tanabe springs instead.

Can't wait for them to get here and installed for a proper stance!
Please make sure to post some pics. I have mine on order and taking forever to arrive.
Old 03-28-15, 11:35 AM
HDEddie1
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by msp713
Your guys pics look awesome and definitely the way the car should have been made!

For those of you that have lowered on the NF210's...are you all rubbing the front fender over the parking block (or whatever that thing is called)? I have Xpel Ultimate wrapped all around the front and don't want to be scraping anything if I lower with these springs
I've been on NF210 for a couple of months. My F Sport is RWD and there's absolutely no rubbing when I turn the wheels lock to lock. No rubbing or bottoming out when I go over speed bumps (at normal speeds) The dealer SA said that I could go with wheel spacers if I wanted. He felt there's still enough clearance between tire/fender.
Pic shows the 1 1/4" drop (distance between the blue tape) after the install. Much better than the SUV-like stance my car came with
Attached Thumbnails Tanabe NF210 Springs Installed-img_1294.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
hoppy6698 (08-29-17)
Old 03-28-15, 05:06 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,986 Likes on 1,411 Posts

Originally Posted by HDEddie1
I've been on NF210 for a couple of months. My F Sport is RWD and there's absolutely no rubbing when I turn the wheels lock to lock. No rubbing or bottoming out when I go over speed bumps (at normal speeds) The dealer SA said that I could go with wheel spacers if I wanted. He felt there's still enough clearance between tire/fender.
Pic shows the 1 1/4" drop (distance between the blue tape) after the install. Much better than the SUV-like stance my car came with

I see that you went down 1 1/4" from 28" to 26 3/4" with Tanabe NF210 springs. Mine measures 27 1/4" with OE springs, which is just 1/2" higher than yours with the Tanabe NF210 springs.

First, it makes me wonder why mine with OE springs is 3/4" lower than yours was with OE springs. But, it also makes me wonder how much I'd drop if I installed Tanabe NF210 springs on mine. Would I drop 1 1/4" from where I am now with OE springs down to 26"? Or, would I only drop 1/2", down to 26 3/4"? Or, somewhere in between? Strange...
Old 03-28-15, 09:01 PM
HDEddie1
Driver

Originally Posted by bclexus
I see that you went down 1 1/4" from 28" to 26 3/4" with Tanabe NF210 springs. Mine measures 27 1/4" with OE springs, which is just 1/2" higher than yours with the Tanabe NF210 springs.

First, it makes me wonder why mine with OE springs is 3/4" lower than yours was with OE springs. But, it also makes me wonder how much I'd drop if I installed Tanabe NF210 springs on mine. Would I drop 1 1/4" from where I am now with OE springs down to 26"? Or, would I only drop 1/2", down to 26 3/4"? Or, somewhere in between? Strange...
Hmmm...I wonder as well. My car was new, about 200+ miles, when I measured it all around. It was a consistent 28" F/R. Tires were stock Bridgestone Potenzas with 34PSI, cold F/R. Funny, I parked next to a used GS 350, looked to be a few years old, NON F sport, and just did a quick measure out of curiosity and was surprised to find it sat about 3/8- 1/2" lower than mine stock. I only checked one fender on the older car so I don't know if the lower height was consistent all around. I suppose it was a combination of spring settling and tires worn a bit that made that older car sit lower than mine.

Even so, you have me wondering. Did you use a straight edge, that is the edge down the center of the wheel hub and reading off the highest point on the fender arch?. I don't mean to belabor the point but I find the straight edge against the fender arch can be misleading if not taken carefully. Are your tires standard F Sport Bridgestone size 19" with at least 34# cold? Low miles on the tires? I've read some folks with Bridgestone Potenza worn down to the nubs (2/32) in just a little over 10K miles. Point here is that worn tires can knock off almost 1/4" fender height measurement by themselves. Not to second guess you but If you did all that and we have that big of a difference, then:

1) Maybe '15 springs specs were changed;
2) Maybe Lexus springs do settle considerably;
3) Maybe my Lexus was made on a Monday and they installed AWD springs instead
3) You'll probably get less of a drop with Tanabe springs than I did. A 1/2" doesn't seem to be worth the effort.

1-3 are doubtful, of course, but I'm still stumped and still very curious. Please keep me posted
Old 03-29-15, 08:43 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Hmmm...I wonder as well. My car was new, about 200+ miles, when I measured it all around. It was a consistent 28" F/R. Tires were stock Bridgestone Potenzas with 34PSI, cold F/R. Funny, I parked next to a used GS 350, looked to be a few years old, NON F sport, and just did a quick measure out of curiosity and was surprised to find it sat about 3/8- 1/2" lower than mine stock. I only checked one fender on the older car so I don't know if the lower height was consistent all around. I suppose it was a combination of spring settling and tires worn a bit that made that older car sit lower than mine.

Even so, you have me wondering. Did you use a straight edge, that is the edge down the center of the wheel hub and reading off the highest point on the fender arch?. I don't mean to belabor the point but I find the straight edge against the fender arch can be misleading if not taken carefully. Are your tires standard F Sport Bridgestone size 19" with at least 34# cold? Low miles on the tires? I've read some folks with Bridgestone Potenza worn down to the nubs (2/32) in just a little over 10K miles. Point here is that worn tires can knock off almost 1/4" fender height measurement by themselves. Not to second guess you but If you did all that and we have that big of a difference, then:

1) Maybe '15 springs specs were changed;
2) Maybe Lexus springs do settle considerably;
3) Maybe my Lexus was made on a Monday and they installed AWD springs instead
3) You'll probably get less of a drop with Tanabe springs than I did. A 1/2" doesn't seem to be worth the effort.

1-3 are doubtful, of course, but I'm still stumped and still very curious. Please keep me posted
I just re-measured again all four locations very carefully using a 3' metal ruler, and the measurements are all a tiny bit lower than the 27 1/4" I originally gave. My car's OE height is actually only ~3/8" higher than your car's height with aftermarket Tanabe springs, which I find very amusing...but I cannot explain why. The measurements were all taken with the ruler perfectly vertical and directly through the center-line of the wheel hub. The tires are Dunlop SP Sport 18" (which I actually like BTW) with ~50% tread and tire pressure was at 35 psi for all four tires when measured on a smooth and level concrete garage floor at 72° with the car having just been driven 6-8 miles. The trunk has probably about 60 lbs of golf stuff in it.

Here are the exact measurements:
LF: 27 1/8"
RF: 27 3/16"
LR: 27 1/16"
RR: 27 1/16"

Last edited by bclexus; 03-29-15 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-29-15, 12:15 PM
HDEddie1
Driver

I just re-measured again all four location very carefully with a 3' metal ruler, and the measurements are all a tiny bit lower than the 27 1/4" I gave earlier. Measurements were taken directly through the center-line of the wheel hub. The tires are Dunlop SP Sport 18" (which I actually like BTW) with ~50% tread and tire pressure was at 35 psi for all four tires when measured on a smooth and level concrete garage floor at 72° with the car having just been driven 6-8 miles. The trunk has probably about 60 lbs of golf stuff in it.

LF: 27 1/8"
LR: 27 1/16"
RF: 27 3/16"
RR: 27 1/16"
I'm stumped. But by the numbers, your Dunlops SP were 26.3" diameter with 10/32 tread when new and my Bridgestones are currently 26.4 with 11/32" tread (according to Tire Rack). That your 50% worn, means you're about 5/32" smaller diameter witch is just a tad under 1/8" in car height, barely noticeable. You're at 1/2 tank and 50 lb in trunk. I was at full tank with empty trunk, so we're about equal as far as car weight's bearing on the height. I checked my yard stick against a steel tape ruler and its right on. I re-measured (1/3 tank, empty trunk, tires 34# cold) and got this:
LF: 26 7/8"
LR: 27"
RF: 26 5/8"
RR: 26 7/8"
So, who knows? I do know that the height with stock springs were even all around. A plus for manufacturing tolerances but even so, 28" stock height was too high for me. That our cars (stock) are so different, is still a mystery. Tire wear, inflation, trunk, gas fill, really didn't add up to explain the difference.
Personally, I probably wouldn't have changed to Tanabe's if I had your height settings already. More drop, if I wanted, would have meant something like the Super Downs, which is way more drop but ride will suffer, which is what I don't want.
Funny how much time we spent on this. Instead, we should be discussing WHY DID YOUR DALLAS MAVERICKS BEAT MY LA CLIPPERS SO BADLY (129-99) a few weeks back.
Cheers,
Old 03-29-15, 01:11 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

I'm stumped. But by the numbers, your Dunlops SP were 26.3" diameter with 10/32 tread when new and my Bridgestones are currently 26.4 with 11/32" tread (according to Tire Rack). That your 50% worn, means you're about 5/32" smaller diameter witch is just a tad under 1/8" in car height, barely noticeable. You're at 1/2 tank and 50 lb in trunk. I was at full tank with empty trunk, so we're about equal as far as car weight's bearing on the height. I checked my yard stick against a steel tape ruler and its right on. I re-measured (1/3 tank, empty trunk, tires 34# cold) and got this:
LF: 26 7/8"
LR: 27"
RF: 26 5/8"
RR: 26 7/8"
So, who knows? I do know that the height with stock springs were even all around. A plus for manufacturing tolerances but even so, 28" stock height was too high for me. That our cars (stock) are so different, is still a mystery. Tire wear, inflation, trunk, gas fill, really didn't add up to explain the difference.
Personally, I probably wouldn't have changed to Tanabe's if I had your height settings already. More drop, if I wanted, would have meant something like the Super Downs, which is way more drop but ride will suffer, which is what I don't want.
Funny how much time we spent on this. Instead, we should be discussing WHY DID YOUR DALLAS MAVERICKS BEAT MY LA CLIPPERS SO BADLY (129-99) a few weeks back.
Cheers,
'Who knows' is a good answer as well as a good response for all points discussed...including the Mavericks/Clippers game. I'll ask Mark Cuban why the next time I see him...
Old 04-01-15, 09:46 AM
HDEddie1
Driver

'Who knows' is a good answer as well as a good response for all points discussed...including the Mavericks/Clippers game. I'll ask Mark Cuban why the next time I see him...
Still curious Another F Sport discussion about wheel gap. He shows over 5" on his stock set up (measured REAR arc to rim edge). Wondering about yours.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...d-f-sport.html
Old 04-01-15, 02:49 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Still curious Another F Sport discussion about wheel gap. He shows over 5" on his stock set up (measured REAR arc to rim edge). Wondering about yours.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...d-f-sport.html
Measured from the arc to the 18" wheel rim edge:

LF: 5 1/16"
LR: 4 7/8"
RF: 5 1/8"
RR: 4 7/8"

Mind you, I have 18" wheels, therefore predictably the wheel rim edge is expected to be 1/2" further away from the arc (e.g. the rim is 1/2" closer to the wheel center) when compared to 19" wheels. That said, for comparison sake reduce my measurements by 1/2" and that is what I would measure 'if' I had 19" wheels.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tanabe NF210 Springs Installed