Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

RS*R Super Down or Tanabe NF210?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-13, 04:17 PM
gotmpower
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS*R Super Down or Tanabe NF210?

I'm going to lower my GS350 RWD FSport very soon and wanted to get some input on which set I should go with and why? I don't plan on ever changing out my 19" wheels and so I can go subtle drop (tanabe) or dump it with the Super Down springs. I've read that the super down might give me alignment issues, is this true?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by gotmpower; 06-26-13 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-22-13, 05:06 PM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The rear tires will not rub with either springs if you are planning to stay with the stock wheels and tires.

The super downs have been known cause excess camber and there are no alignment kits available yet.

Originally Posted by gotmpower
Hello,

I'm going to lower my GS350 RWD FSport very soon and wanted to get some everyone's input on which set I should go with and why? I don't plan on ever changing out my 19" wheels and so I can go subtle drop (tanabe) or dump it with the Super Down springs. I've read that the super down might give me alignment issues as the rear tires rub.. is this true?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-22-13, 09:52 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by terrycs
The rear tires will not rub with either springs if you are planning to stay with the stock wheels and tires.

The super downs have been known cause excess camber and there are no alignment kits available yet.
As stated above, the stock f sport 19's will not rub with either. See my thread on "chromeless neb f sport" (if you have not already) as I have pictures of my car lowered on the OEM wheels with the super down springs as well as with 20's. This will give you an idea of what you can expect. Many friends told me they thought the car looked amazing with just the drop, no wheel change. Terry was quick to notice the negative camber when I added 20's. How could you not?! I did not have it aligned with the stock rims/tires, but I have seen others results and a negative camber still exists in the rear. I have my scheduled alignment next Wednesday and I already know what to expect.
Old 06-24-13, 10:50 AM
LexFather

RS*R super down. I've had Tanabe and I much prefer the RS*R springs.
Old 06-24-13, 10:27 PM
hksboost
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blueprint
RS*R super down. I've had Tanabe and I much prefer the RS*R springs.
Can you please tell why you prefer RS*R, what is the negative points you have about Tanabe springs with the 2013 GS350 ?
Old 06-25-13, 09:08 PM
Nexson
Lead Lap

It is funny you bring up this topic because I am in the same exact situation. I really love the drop of the super down springs but with no camber kit, makes this drop less of an option. I think with Tanabe I will still desire the super down drop.
Old 06-26-13, 09:14 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by hksboost
Can you please tell why you prefer RS*R, what is the negative points you have about Tanabe springs with the 2013 GS350 ?
Sure, I have RS*R down on our 4GS and Tanabe on my 3GS. I feel the Tanabe did a good job of dropping the car but the RS*R did a better job not just dropping the car but making it a better driving car.

Another difference is RS*R has been 100% behind my thoughts and in getting what the people on the forum are asking for. Their customer service and communication is top notch. Ben even surprised me in Vancouver as he saw me posting on Instagram and stopped by to say hello in person. I was blown away. VIP Auto has been great as well working together RS*R and we chat constantly on what YOU guys want.

Tanabe, I can't even get an email reply back. They also seemed to have no desire to work together or support the members here.
Old 06-26-13, 09:33 PM
gotmpower
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Blueprint! I plan on getting my RS*R installed next week.
Old 06-26-13, 09:37 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by gotmpower
Thanks Blueprint! I plan on getting my RS*R installed next week.
Glad to help
Old 06-26-13, 09:45 PM
terrycs
Instructor

Maybe you can "suggest" that RSR partner with a company to push an alignment kit. I bet they'd sell more super downs to the folks sitting on the wall.

Sure, I have RS*R down on our 4GS and Tanabe on my 3GS. I feel the Tanabe did a good job of dropping the car but the RS*R did a better job not just dropping the car but making it a better driving car.

Another difference is RS*R has been 100% behind my thoughts and in getting what the people on the forum are asking for. Their customer service and communication is top notch. Ben even surprised me in Vancouver as he saw me posting on Instagram and stopped by to say hello in person. I was blown away. VIP Auto has been great as well working together RS*R and we chat constantly on what YOU guys want.

Tanabe, I can't even get an email reply back. They also seemed to have no desire to work together or support the members here.
Old 06-26-13, 09:53 PM
LexFather

Maybe you can "suggest" that RSR partner with a company to push an alignment kit. I bet they'd sell more super downs to the folks sitting on the wall.
lawd yall gonna make me get another job

Terry I'll get on that next.
Old 06-26-13, 10:08 PM
terrycs
Instructor

Uh ... you got 68K+ posts here ... so I thought this IS your job!

lawd yall gonna make me get another job

Terry I'll get on that next.
Old 06-27-13, 03:27 PM
hksboost
Rookie

From customer service point of view: RS*R is better indeed as you said
From Quality point of view: Tanabe and RS*R are both Awesome
From drop point of view: RS*R super down gives better look indeed with the more drop
From comfort point of view after the drop: Tanabe is better with lower spring rates which is close to the OEM spring rates
BTW i have Tanabe on my GS350
Old 06-27-13, 09:07 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If your gonna offer lower rides, might as well package a kit to go along with it lol.

I was gonna suggest that but then I thought,....hmmm, they might make crappy alignment kits, then I thought, okay, maybe sage would design something. I think SAGE is the go to company for the alignment kits. We just need beg SAGE to use their super awesome creative brains to give us something.
Old 06-28-13, 05:38 PM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with the Tanabe springs. I just want a little lower

Quick Reply: RS*R Super Down or Tanabe NF210?