Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Lowered GS350 Lux with RS*R Down Springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-13, 07:59 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

I love your wheels. What are the their specs? Did you order them from Sewell?
Old 05-05-13, 02:17 PM
jscgs350
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by natnut
I love your wheels. What are the their specs? Did you order them from Sewell?
Thanks! I did get them from Sewell, and they're 8's up front and 9's out back. Tires are Conti DWS, all sizes spec'd per Lexus's recommendation, although I would have plus sized them. I don't know the offset, but I wish they were pushed out a little closer to the fender's edge. I may experiment with spacers if it continually bugs me.
Old 05-05-13, 02:42 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Nice subtle drop, looks good!
Old 05-07-13, 10:57 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jscgs350
All in, including alignment, labor, tax, etc and eating the freebies in the waiting area - just over $630.
So install and alignment was $630? How much did the springs+shipping cost you? Did you swap out the shocks too?
Old 05-08-13, 03:03 AM
jscgs350
Driver

Originally Posted by PHML
So install and alignment was $630? How much did the springs+shipping cost you? Did you swap out the shocks too?
Yes, that total cost included install and alignment. I didn't swap out shocks, they're still stock.

I got the springs through CL's groupbuy for $279, including shipping. Here's the thread :

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...s-rwd-awd.html
Old 05-09-13, 11:44 AM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

Thanks! The 19's hardly had any impact to the ride at all. In fact, the Continental tires made the rider smother and quieter that the stock Mich's.

Yep, those are the LEDs I installed. Nice and simple little upgrade. They match very nice in person as it does in the picture. They match perfectly, and I really like them a lot. I think the 6k's won't match as well. There's a thread on these bulbs somewhere on CL.
That's great to know that Cont tires are more quiet than Miches. I have Dunlops but they seem fine for me. I heard Miches are more quiet but I don't know how much more.
I swapped the bulbs out last night. Look great. I had paid the same for Sylvania Super White (because VLEDs were out of stock) but it was not close. What a nice little change! Thanks.
Old 05-09-13, 02:10 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi Syd, nice upgrade to the LS btw. Saw one while I was waiting, and man is that a nice car.

I don't mind sharing costs, but it drives me crazy I didn't do this myself. If I would have done my homework right, and had patience, I could have done this. Between the voice in my head saying I shouldn't be tinkering with a 60k car's suspension, and the wife wondering if my insurance policy was paid up, opting for the dealer to do it was right. All in, including alignment, labor, tax, etc and eating the freebies in the waiting area - just over $630.

I will take those pics soon. The sun can't stay away too long. The weather around here should be sunny soon. Sucks again today.
thanx js, i'm def enjoying the LS. don't beat urself on the head, i would have had someone else put them on also. and the freebies at lexus are not all that
Old 05-18-13, 12:09 AM
Galvez
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

def a subtle drop. pretty hard to see the drop to the untrained eye. I recently got the tanabes. originally i wanted to go with the super downs but decided to avoid the headache with that headlight issue.
Old 09-09-13, 08:34 AM
ayoddOny
Rookie

Great look man. That's exactly the same look I'd like on mine. I am currently doing researches before the drop. When you align do you ask for factory specs or they automatically change it back to factory specs?
Do you have enough clearances for car washes? I'd hand wash mine but I do not have a driveway, garage, and hand wash near my neighborhood takes 2hrs + for them.. and I do not have the time for it..
Does only the inside of the tires wear out or is it evenly worn out?
Old 09-09-13, 02:08 PM
jscgs350
Driver

Originally Posted by ayoddOny
Great look man. That's exactly the same look I'd like on mine. I am currently doing researches before the drop. When you align do you ask for factory specs or they automatically change it back to factory specs?
Do you have enough clearances for car washes? I'd hand wash mine but I do not have a driveway, garage, and hand wash near my neighborhood takes 2hrs + for them.. and I do not have the time for it..
Does only the inside of the tires wear out or is it evenly worn out?
Thanks! I wanted to keep the stock look and ride, while getting a little sportier.

The alignment is automatically done to get as close to factory specs as possible, so I didn't have to ask. My alignment went perfectly back to factory specs.

I don't machine wash, and going up driveways, into the Lexus service bays, and just about everything else I have absolutely no clearance issues.

I can rotate wheels from right to left, and I just did that. No uneven wear, or abnormal wear issues.

To me the car rides EXACTLY the same in normal and Eco modes, without being at all stiff. In Sport+ you can definitely feel the difference, especially when taking turns. It's great!

If I had to do it all over again I would.