Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

F-Sport needed for R&D on a camber kit in Denver

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-13, 02:30 PM
ChuH
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default F-Sport needed for R&D on a camber kit in Denver

I contacted SPC - Specialty Products Company to see if they are working on a camber as they have done for other Lexus models (see the Vendor Forum). I recently install the RS-R Super Down Spings and have considerable rear negative camber issues. SPC currently do not have any plans but if they receive enough volume call or email they will consider. They also need a 2013 GS350 for R&D purpose in the Denver area. Anyone live in the Denver area?

Following is the email I received. Please call or send them a email saying you are interested.

Chris Hinds [chinds@specprod.com]

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chu, I’m sorry to report that we don’t have anything for a 2013 GS yet. We actually just released a product for the rear of the ’06-12 GS (and IS).

Unfortunately, because the ’13 GS is an all new chassis, and has rear steer and some other features, I wouldn’t expect that the current product will fit. At best, it will be a year or more before we have anything for the ’13+ cars. Our new products are often decided via call volume. If you have a forum post going, let people know that we won’t make it if nobody calls or writes us to say that it’s needed.

It also helps if someone local to the Denver area has a GS that we can use to develop a product, since new vehicles are difficult for us to obtain.

Thanks for your inquiry!

Chris Hinds
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Specialty Products Company
1-800-525-6505

4045 Specialty Place
Longmont, CO 80504
www.specprod.com
Old 03-26-13, 04:52 PM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ChuH
I contacted SPC - Specialty Products Company to see if they are working on a camber as they have done for other Lexus models (see the Vendor Forum). I recently install the RS-R Super Down Spings and have considerable rear negative camber issues. SPC currently do not have any plans but if they receive enough volume call or email they will consider. They also need a 2013 GS350 for R&D purpose in the Denver area. Anyone live in the Denver area?

Following is the email I received. Please call or send them a email saying you are interested.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chu, I’m sorry to report that we don’t have anything for a 2013 GS yet. We actually just released a product for the rear of the ’06-12 GS (and IS).

Unfortunately, because the ’13 GS is an all new chassis, and has rear steer and some other features, I wouldn’t expect that the current product will fit. At best, it will be a year or more before we have anything for the ’13+ cars. Our new products are often decided via call volume. If you have a forum post going, let people know that we won’t make it if nobody calls or writes us to say that it’s needed.

It also helps if someone local to the Denver area has a GS that we can use to develop a product, since new vehicles are difficult for us to obtain.

Thanks for your inquiry!

Chris Hinds
1-800-525-6505

4045 Specialty Place
Longmont, CO 80504
www.specprod.com
I've been bugging them since February ... my points of contact were Alan Hinkle and Jim Frens.

I've also been bugging Megen racing.
Old 03-26-13, 05:03 PM
ChuH
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Megan Racing, Inc. just sent me an email stating they are already working on a rear camber kit and will be releasing one soon also. Anyone near City of Industry, CA?

Their number is (626) 581-0988. Give them a call also?
Old 11-04-13, 02:16 PM
terrycs
Instructor

Thread bump!

Keep calling SPC at 1-800-525-6505 and asking them when they are going to develop an alignemnt kit for our car and to let let them know you are interested when it is released.

They really do log their calls requesting specific fitments.
Old 11-13-13, 11:00 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I am patiently waiting for a good solution. I won't lower my car without a quality kit.
Old 11-28-13, 12:33 PM
homeboyv
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Need a camber kit bad, lets keep at it...
Old 12-23-13, 03:50 AM
0mghi2u
Lead Lap

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Any updates on this?
Old 12-23-13, 07:05 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

no nothing yet, I am gonna contact SPC tomorrow and find out, since I deal with them , keep u guys posted.
Old 12-26-13, 10:19 AM
terrycs
Instructor

Originally Posted by mrpartsman
no nothing yet, I am gonna contact SPC tomorrow and find out, since I deal with them , keep u guys posted.
Keep it up ... I'm still waiting too!
Old 01-13-14, 07:28 PM
Wilnard
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChuH

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks for your inquiry!

Chris Hinds
1-800-525-6505

4045 Specialty Place
Longmont, CO 80504
www.specprod.com

I just lowered my 2014 is 350 f sport rear drive with tein a tech spring and 19 ich x10.5 rear with 265/30/19 tire and my rear camber is sitting funny after my alignment what should I do lol