Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

wat do i buy to avoid camber wear

Old 03-10-13, 08:40 PM
jesse gs30
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wat do i buy to avoid camber wear

Wat up guys need some help im gonna lower my 06 gs300 im planning on buying 19 inch wheels and lowering as much as possible with Megan lp coilovers wat exactly do I need to buy to keep my wheels straight to avoid camber wear but still be low thanks for the help
Old 03-10-13, 11:42 PM
Dawa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it might be difficult to fit 19"s without adding camber, but then again i AM NOT speaking from experience, but in general.

anyways, to reduce camber, you can buy fully adjustable upper/lower control arms.
just google 'reducing camber' or some ****.
Old 03-11-13, 12:21 AM
redbaron
Pole Position

I am running 19's with megan lp's and do not have any camber issues.
That being said, I only slightly lowered the car (AWD) to avoid the common wobble issues on this model.

I do love the ride of the LP's. Generally, the lower you go, you will have camber issues.
Old 03-11-13, 12:56 AM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 44 Posts

Fig's engineering rear camber arms, rear toe links and caster arm bushings. Factory caster bushing is a joke in the link is a video of how much the caster bushing shifts under load. Toe links to adjust your toe cause more than camber, toe being out or in wears tires faster. And then lastly rear lower control arms which have camber adjustability. For the front, SPC makes an adjustable press in upper ball joint to correct camber up front. If you are buying stuff from figs engineering he has the spc ball joints in stock as well. Those are some of the suspension components I used in my build, link below.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...build-log.html

Flawless Fitment
Old 03-11-13, 02:55 AM
aLexGS350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kuWuPt
Fig's engineering rear camber arms, rear toe links and caster arm bushings. Factory caster bushing is a joke in the link is a video of how much the caster bushing shifts under load. Toe links to adjust your toe cause more than camber, toe being out or in wears tires faster. And then lastly rear lower control arms which have camber adjustability. For the front, SPC makes an adjustable press in upper ball joint to correct camber up front. If you are buying stuff from figs engineering he has the spc ball joints in stock as well. Those are some of the suspension components I used in my build, link below.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...build-log.html

Flawless Fitment
how come in the video the screw or nut part pops out of the bushing for the superpro bushing? Is it suppose to be doing that?
Old 03-11-13, 07:44 PM
Slammy
Driver School Candidate

Camber doesn't necessarily kill your tires, it's more about the toe.
The only misconception about camber killing tires is because that's usually the only contact patch, hence making it look as if it's the camber chewing away.

I had -4.5 degrees of camber on my car and had no problem because my toe was in spec.
Old 03-11-13, 09:23 PM
jesse gs30
Driver

Thanks for the tips guys imma be running stretched tires and have my car sitting right over the wheels literally and just going to try to get them as straight as possible