Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

GS350 AWD Coilovers - HOW LOW SHOULD I GO???

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-13, 01:38 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

IXI187IXI,

Do not worry, I was about to use your rings. But my buddy talked me out of lowering my car, 2 days before doing it. I purchased the springs, and was going to have my fabrication guy knock them out for me.
Old 03-06-13, 07:49 PM
redbaron
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From information on this forum, I gave instructions to the installer as follows. After install of the Megan LP coil overs, the car was aligned by the same technician. He was able to get everything within spec and said I should have no camber issues or premature inner tire wear. Total out the door price of install and alignment was $515.00.

Rear to be lowered .25 Inch
Front to be lowered 1.25 inch
Damper setting at 25 clicks front and back. This is out of a scale of 32 clicks. With 0 being firm, it is set to a mostly soft ride.

What I can say is that the ride is amazing. There is only the slightest vibration at this height and for someone who didn't know, would be hardly noticeable. There is no discernible increase or decrease in vibration at speed, idle or when breaking. On a vibration scale of 1-10, I would give it barely a 1.

Overall, very pleased and rides better than when it was stock height. Going over speed bumps at 20 mph is easily doable and not harsh at all.

Will post some photos in the near future. I know that some will say it should be still lower, but I can already tell that any lower and the vibration will increase. As it is, its barely there.

I can say that the result is everything I had hoped for and I am pleased.
Old 03-07-13, 02:35 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ibidu1
IXI187IXI,

Do not worry, I was about to use your rings. But my buddy talked me out of lowering my car, 2 days before doing it. I purchased the springs, and was going to have my fabrication guy knock them out for me.
where in florida are you? only asking because i had a guy from miami ask me about obtaining some spacers for him and if wasnt so busy at work, i'd run out to the machine shop for him

Originally Posted by redbaron
From information on this forum, I gave instructions to the installer as follows. After install of the Megan LP coil overs, the car was aligned by the same technician. He was able to get everything within spec and said I should have no camber issues or premature inner tire wear. Total out the door price of install and alignment was $515.00.

Rear to be lowered .25 Inch
Front to be lowered 1.25 inch
Damper setting at 25 clicks front and back. This is out of a scale of 32 clicks. With 0 being firm, it is set to a mostly soft ride.

What I can say is that the ride is amazing. There is only the slightest vibration at this height and for someone who didn't know, would be hardly noticeable. There is no discernible increase or decrease in vibration at speed, idle or when breaking. On a vibration scale of 1-10, I would give it barely a 1.

Overall, very pleased and rides better than when it was stock height. Going over speed bumps at 20 mph is easily doable and not harsh at all.

Will post some photos in the near future. I know that some will say it should be still lower, but I can already tell that any lower and the vibration will increase. As it is, its barely there.

I can say that the result is everything I had hoped for and I am pleased.
awesome glad to hear
Old 03-07-13, 08:06 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

I'm in Tampa FL
Old 03-14-13, 10:59 PM
Whitena
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought turning the **** clockwise on Megan LP is suppose to stiffin the coil? Hi B, I've talk to you a lil while back about the Apexi TC, are you sure you're not on the stiff side with 25 clicks and still feel comfortable? A lil curious, LMK.
Old 03-14-13, 11:16 PM
redbaron
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Whitena
I thought turning the **** clockwise on Megan LP is suppose to stiffin the coil? Hi B, I've talk to you a lil while back about the Apexi TC, are you sure you're not on the stiff side with 25 clicks and still feel comfortable? A lil curious, LMK.
YES, I definitely have it turned 25 clicks in the soft direction. The suspension feels better than stock on 19's undropped felt. This might partially be due to the OEM shocks having been ridden over 60k miles on them.

I love the ride and can say that the vibration is just slightly there. A passenger would not know that this exists but I do. If it was even noticeable by my wife, she would certainly have let me know.

Overall the lowering was what I had wanted from it. Now that I look at it, I consider it perfect for what I wanted which was even gap between front and rear wheels with most of the drop coming at the front wheels. It has definitely firmed up the chassis as well in that I can take corners better with more speed and the car does also feel lower. The looks have improved in a subtle aggressive way.

If someone uses the Megan LP's, and wants to retain the Lexus ride without going too low, I definitely recommend the setting of 25 clicks to the soft side.
Old 03-14-13, 11:59 PM
3gs350awd
Driver

Post a pic so I can tell how low you are. Putting my coilovers back on this summer
Old 03-15-13, 03:58 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ibidu1
I'm in Tampa FL
ah nice! i'll be in Tampa the last weekend of April. My buddy moved there almost a year ago.
Old 03-16-13, 12:54 PM
Skylar978
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any chance you would be able to provide pictures to let us see how much lower the car is from stock on an AWD?

Also, how much did you pay for the Coilovers? (Sorry if its already mentioned)
Old 03-18-13, 04:22 PM
redbaron
Pole Position

Default Photos of the Drop

Here is a photo from the drop.

Old 03-18-13, 04:23 PM
redbaron
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Skylar978
Any chance you would be able to provide pictures to let us see how much lower the car is from stock on an AWD?

Also, how much did you pay for the Coilovers? (Sorry if its already mentioned)
I purchased the coilovers used from a member here. I believe I paid just under $600 shipped.
Old 03-18-13, 10:21 PM
3gs350awd
Driver

Those wheels look awesome. Thanks for the pic. Can't really yell ur ride height with an angle like that lol
Old 03-22-13, 12:22 PM
redbaron
Pole Position

Will post some additional photos later down the line. Mainly wanted to put a photo up for the time being.

Thanks to seivonecsu for the coilovers. Really pleased with the improvement in looks and handling.
Old 03-23-13, 11:46 AM
seivonecsu
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Car looks great... Happy to help out a another fellow cl member... Enjoy your new drop!!!!
Old 10-18-14, 06:13 AM
waw143
Driver School Candidate

hi guys...
i need a favour i am from gulf Oman i can order parts online so plz i bought a used lexus gs 350 AWD 2007 and i would like to get lower springs for it but i want a one that i will not face any issue like vibrate n all u guys now other issues.
plz help guys waiting for u guys
many thanks