Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Factory alignment specs for GS350

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-12, 12:59 PM
Road Rage
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Factory alignment specs for GS350

Just in case these are ever needed, this is right from the factory handbook. I'll try to post more stuff like this as I get it.

Old 03-12-12, 10:25 PM
a6s
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you for the info. I'm wheel shopping. This will come in handy.
Old 06-10-12, 11:14 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just had my 2013 GS350 aligned and the factory specs appear to be different than those in your chart. I showed the chart to the Tech and he didn't seem to think they looked correct. The attachment below shows the Lexus Factory Specifications for a 2013 RWD GS350.
Attached Thumbnails Factory alignment specs for GS350-gs350-alignment-specs.jpg  

Last edited by rjm; 06-19-12 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-21-12, 09:57 AM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rjm
I just had my 2013 GS350 aligned and the factory specs appear to be different than those in your chart. I showed the chart to the Tech and he didn't seem to think they looked correct. The attachment below shows the Lexus Factory Specifications for a 2013 RWD GS350.
Quick question, what was reason for you getting alignment on the new GS? I feel my GS tracks to the left a bit and is noticeable on the left and middle lane of a multi late highway or city road. Doesn't drift to right or left when in the right lane of these roads and does not drift to the right on the single bi-traffic roads around home.

Looking at your alignment it seems that your left side front wheel toe was off and more positive (facing outwards) then normal. Did the alignment help with keeping car centered more on highway and any sensitivity to left or right pull no matter what lanes you are in?

Last edited by Rexus300; 06-21-12 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-21-12, 10:19 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Mine drifted slightly to the right on a FLAT surface with no crown and no cross wind to affect it, and with the tires properly inflated to specs. I was constantly putting in a slight correction to the left while driving in a straight line. I took the car back with 500 miles on it. They swapped the front tires and gave the car back to me. That had no affect. After another 100 miles I took it back and recommended they put it on the rack and check the alignment, specifically the toe-in. After going on a test drive with me demonstrating the problem, they finally agreed and found the toe-in to be slightly out of limits. They made the slight adjustment and the car is now feeling like it should, with a neutral feel when driving straight ahead and the car going exactly where it is pointed. It feels like a different car. From your description, I suspect your car has a slight toe-in problem just opposite to mine. The only valid way to check it is to drive on a perfectly flat road with no crown on a calm day with tires properly inflated. My problem was not noticeable when driving on city streets at 30-45 MPH, only when at highway speeds of 70 MPH+.
Old 06-21-12, 10:26 AM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rjm
Mine drifted slightly to the right on a FLAT surface with no crown and no cross wind to affect it, and with the tires properly inflated to specs. I was constantly putting in a slight correction to the left while driving in a straight line. I took the car back with 500 miles on it. They swapped the front tires and gave the car back to me. That had no affect. After another 100 miles I took it back and recommended they put it on the rack and check the alignment, specifically the toe-in. After going on a test drive with me demonstrating the problem, they finally agreed and found the toe-in to be slightly out of limits. They made the slight adjustment and the car is now feeling like it should, with a neutral feel when driving straight ahead and the car going exactly where it is pointed. It feels like a different car. From your description, I suspect your car has a slight toe-in problem just opposite to mine. The only valid way to check it is to drive on a perfectly flat road with no crown on a calm day with tires properly inflated. My problem was not noticeable when driving on city streets at 30-45 MPH, only when at highway speeds of 70 MPH+.
That is exactly what I am feeling on the highway and not on city streets at low speed. Its going to the left so definitely will get that checked out next week. The car should feel neutral at highway speed and I shouldn't have to hold steering a bit to right to offset pull to the left. Thank you rjm.
Old 06-28-12, 01:59 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Smile

Originally Posted by rjm
So I got my car aligned today and I was right all along! My toe on the left side was out and was bad leading to a pulling sensation and some wandering on the highways at higher speed. It was corrected and now my car drives straight as an arrow on all the highway lanes with little drift due to road slopes/crowns and the car feels stable during crosswinds. I am very happy. See my specs below. Its a bit off on the left and opposite of what you had.
Attached Thumbnails Factory alignment specs for GS350-2012-06-28_16-52-41_759.jpg  
Old 06-28-12, 02:16 PM
rjm
Lead Lap

Great news. It makes a totally different car out of it when the alignment is correct and it goes straight down the road like it's supposed to. I'm a bit surprised that both of ours were slightly off but I suppose it could have happened during shipping or perhaps they just missed it a bit at the factory. I haven't read of any complaints from any others regarding alignment so I don't think it's a widespread problem. Anyhow, sure glad it worked out for you. Now we're both well-pleased with our cars.
Old 08-02-12, 05:02 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rjm
Great news. It makes a totally different car out of it when the alignment is correct and it goes straight down the road like it's supposed to. I'm a bit surprised that both of ours were slightly off but I suppose it could have happened during shipping or perhaps they just missed it a bit at the factory. I haven't read of any complaints from any others regarding alignment so I don't think it's a widespread problem. Anyhow, sure glad it worked out for you. Now we're both well-pleased with our cars.
Was your steering wheel slightly slanted to the right prior to getting the car realigned ?
Old 08-02-12, 05:56 PM
rjm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IAMJAVEDG
Was your steering wheel slightly slanted to the right prior to getting the car realigned ?
No. Steering wheel was dead center prior to alignment. I asked the tech if the steering wheel position would change with alignment, and he said "no, we lock the steering wheel during alignment so it can't move off-center." It came out perfect.
Old 08-02-12, 08:29 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rjm
No. Steering wheel was dead center prior to alignment. I asked the tech if the steering wheel position would change with alignment, and he said "no, we lock the steering wheel during alignment so it can't move off-center." It came out perfect.
I have the opposite problem, my steering wheel is slightly slanted right.

Gotta drop it off soon
Old 08-03-12, 06:21 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IAMJAVEDG
I have the opposite problem, my steering wheel is slightly slanted right.

Gotta drop it off soon
Is your car pulling to the right, or is just the steering wheel off-center?
Old 11-22-12, 09:24 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by rjm
Is your car pulling to the right, or is just the steering wheel off-center?
My steering wheel is off center and there is uneven wear on the outer front blocks of my tires...