Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Which coil overs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-13, 08:29 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

correct. even the BCR coils are labeled IS250. just make sure whatever you buy, there is a difference between the RWD car and AWD car
Old 04-08-13, 02:00 PM
finland
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguar_83
Hey Jari, when I was shopping for my coils I found that that the 2nd Gen IS and the 3rd Gen GS share the same suspension. So I can confirm that the coils you purchase for your GS will fit even though they fit the IS as well.
Thanks mate! I think because our country´s car taxes there aint many young people who can affort to buy 3rd Gen GS so far, thats why i cant get coil overs from finland
Old 04-21-13, 07:52 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Surprised no one mentioned KW. Do they not make a coil over for the 3rd generation?
Old 04-23-13, 12:16 PM
finland
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Surprised no one mentioned KW. Do they not make a coil over for the 3rd generation?
In Finland people think K&W is the best chassy and what i know, it is. K&W does not make chassy for us and i cant understand why because they make it to IS250 which is same chassy.
Old 09-10-13, 03:05 AM
chenszep
Driver School Candidate

Tanabe Sustec Pro 5 Coilover feels better in handling and cornering after installation. Ride is firmer which needs some adjusting.
Old 09-10-13, 04:12 AM
ksan
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got BCR through THMotors from a vendor on CL, and they gave me probably the best priced shipped! I just started the install lastnight, and kinda frustrated because I can't get the lower control arm bolt that connects the shock! Tried heating them with MAP gas and ton of freeze off and wd-40! also to add air hammer and everything.. FML, So I soaked them over night and will attempt again today. But did all the pre adjustments on the coilovers, and can't wait! My buddy is gonna take them for a ride and tune the suspension fine as he can to my liking.

BTW I got the BCR due to the reviews on here, and I drove BCR's on my buddys m45 and his TL type S (both with aggressive fitment/stance, and road like stock with more comfort!)

Last edited by ksan; 09-10-13 at 04:15 AM.
Old 09-10-13, 08:54 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Yep, they're great coilovers! Unfortunate you can't remove that bolt... it's a PITA and my installer ended up having someone stand on it or something to push my coilovers on there LOL! He said the rear end was a big head scratcher.

Luckily though, there was no need for any adjustments or alignments needed for the car's front or rears afterwards
Old 09-10-13, 10:06 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by ksan
I got BCR through THMotors from a vendor on CL, and they gave me probably the best priced shipped! I just started the install lastnight, and kinda frustrated because I can't get the lower control arm bolt that connects the shock! Tried heating them with MAP gas and ton of freeze off and wd-40! also to add air hammer and everything.. FML, So I soaked them over night and will attempt again today. But did all the pre adjustments on the coilovers, and can't wait! My buddy is gonna take them for a ride and tune the suspension fine as he can to my liking.

BTW I got the BCR due to the reviews on here, and I drove BCR's on my buddys m45 and his TL type S (both with aggressive fitment/stance, and road like stock with more comfort!)

Make sure you dont have pressure on the lower bolt, that may make it more difficult to remove. Is the nut you cant get loose? Or is the bolt stuck inside, if its inside does it spin

Have you tried breaker bars and a pipe?
Old 09-11-13, 03:17 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

its been over 3 years since i did this install but i dont remember having any troubles with taking anything off
Old 09-11-13, 09:27 AM
ksan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ibidu1
Make sure you dont have pressure on the lower bolt, that may make it more difficult to remove. Is the nut you cant get loose? Or is the bolt stuck inside, if its inside does it spin

Have you tried breaker bars and a pipe?
Its the LCA bolt that holds the shock in the rear. I tried everything possible, ratchet, breaker bar, wrench, air hammer, power tools, map gas, and all other air tools.. It just spins slightly, and when looking at it the rubber bushing spins with it! So last resort was, I order new LCA's for both side and new bolts, because I'm going to cut the mother #$%^&*. I didn't want to do this but I guess I have too. By all means parts wasn't that bad because I got wholesale pricing on it which was $200.00 bucks for everything. I thought this would be a nice and easy going install, but I guess wrong. Also I had help from my buddy that was a former master tech at Lexus around my area, and tried all the tricks he knew.

But here is a current picture of my stock GS and how it sits. I will upload after the install has been finished!
Attached Thumbnails Which coil overs?-20130909_1735051.jpg  

Last edited by ksan; 09-12-13 at 03:18 AM.
Old 09-11-13, 12:35 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

You could try a free rental of a steering wheel puller from autozone

Old 09-11-13, 01:46 PM
ksan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ibidu1
You could try a free rental of a steering wheel puller from autozone

Yes I also have tried that too. I use to work for that company, so essiental I drove down there and grabbed all the pullers aviable. Forgot to add that with the post uptop.. I guess its the waiting game now for the parts. Should be in today or tomorrow, I hope..
Old 09-11-13, 08:50 PM
XxGoKoUxX

GL ksan! Don't cut too deep brother

And for the record IXI, this is when your car was newer LOOL! Our cars have gotten seasoned over the years
Old 09-12-13, 03:33 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
And for the record IXI, this is when your car was newer LOOL! Our cars have gotten seasoned over the years
seasoned? you have that nice florida weather, try some northeast philly snow
Old 09-12-13, 10:48 AM
XxGoKoUxX

LOOOL! PISH POSH! You have salt 1 season of the year, we got beach salt ALL year long .

I'm in Orl though, so I have no room to say.

On a side note, I've been dying to witness snow at least one time in my life.... maybe this X-mas I'll get the chance lol.

Quick Reply: Which coil overs?