Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

06 GS430+BC Coilovers+Custom bags? HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-12, 08:52 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

hahaha... sorry passnu, you're right, lately school and work's been occupying me, and i DO need a solid 2 days I have the money to slam into the 2nd half of the air suspension, just taking my precious time before I order it hahaha....

And D1GP, yes I have heard of them I checked them out a while back, supposedly when I WAS working on my car, these weren't available to us.... if it was I woulda jumped on them instead, hahaha... I like the whole reasoning behind air cups vs air bags.... who knows? I might sell what I have now (100% brand new and ready) and get these cups with some coilovers again!
Old 10-20-12, 09:14 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Sorry for the long wait, I'd like to update that through one of our awesome members on here who got me the Air management side of things purchased AT COST, I've managed to get a full accuair Stage 2 set (2 compressors) for a great price. After jumping the gun and hearing it for 3-4 days straight about how my fiance can't spend money on make-up but I can spend money on air suspension, I can finally say I feel at ease now.

The shipment should be to my door in a week or two, installation following the week after that. I will take pictures along the way as I install them for future members installing the accuair e-level sensors, and finally get a chance to snap some photos of them w/ stock wheels (I just haven't gotten around to settling with ONE set yet).

Stay tuned for the guys who have been following!
Old 02-18-14, 09:12 PM
yota83
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry for bumping an old thread, but i need some help. I have a 2GS with a set of BC coils already and I want to bag my car with UAS. Richard from UAS told me i have send in my rear suspension to get it modified. Are they going to cut and reweld my shocks like they done with yours? If so, how short was the piece they rewelded onto the shock body? My grandpa is an arc welder and he probably could weld my rears for me and save me some money.
Old 02-21-14, 12:15 PM
XxGoKoUxX

I believe you cut and reweld down to about 1-2 inches of the strut sleeving. Then you take the piece you cut, and weld a plate to it as an adaptor to put it back on top. It's not an easy enough task as UAS has done it over and over and they know the procedure inside out....They went through prototypes that blew bags/worn them out before already, so be wary.

I'd just send it to them, make measurements and share.... Unless someone from the 2GS forums can help you....

Don't forget, outside of having the struts+bags, you still have you still have adaptor plates and etc. I'd just send in the 2 rears if it were just me.... saves me the headache over a few hundred ( (I paid 1200+shipping there).

I believe out of that, you pay ~$100-200 for the labor of cutting and modifying.....
Old 05-28-14, 07:24 AM
G-SharK
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any updates on the build. I have GS4 and still debating on UAS bags with Accuair Management.
Old 05-31-14, 10:48 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
I believe you cut and reweld down to about 1-2 inches of the strut sleeving. Then you take the piece you cut, and weld a plate to it as an adaptor to put it back on top. It's not an easy enough task as UAS has done it over and over and they know the procedure inside out....They went through prototypes that blew bags/worn them out before already, so be wary.

I'd just send it to them, make measurements and share.... Unless someone from the 2GS forums can help you....

Don't forget, outside of having the struts+bags, you still have you still have adaptor plates and etc. I'd just send in the 2 rears if it were just me.... saves me the headache over a few hundred ( (I paid 1200+shipping there).

I believe out of that, you pay ~$100-200 for the labor of cutting and modifying.....
you maybe able to just send the lowers and the top hats to them
Old 07-01-14, 01:01 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Originally Posted by G-SharK
Any updates on the build. I have GS4 and still debating on UAS bags with Accuair Management.
It works, damn well at that lol.... Haven't had one issues except for user installation errors.

Originally Posted by swtjlsy
you maybe able to just send the lowers and the top hats to them
Yeap, pretty much. springs and other parts can be left at home.