Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

which Lowering Springs for The GS450H do I get?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-11, 07:59 PM
LeXGS450H
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which Lowering Springs for The GS450H do I get?

I keep hearing about the NF210 and the DF210 from Tanabe...I have the GS450 sitting on 20" Vossen 083's...10.5" in the back and 9.0" in the front. Due to the extra weight of the GS450H I dont wanna drop it too much just kill the gap from fender to tire. Which of these has the least drop or has something come up on the market that im not aware of. Im in Miami and its limited here on any aftermarket items for the GS450H. Also, Im looking for a roof Spoiler...any suggestions where i can get one? Thanks for your help.
Old 08-16-11, 06:06 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

welcome to CL!

the least drop is the NF210. do a search for my pics, you can see how my GSh sits with those springs.

i also recently installed a roof spoiler as well - do a search, you'll find my pics of that too. as to where you can get them, try carson toyota, they are CL approved vendors here.

Last edited by Stormforge; 08-16-11 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-16-11, 09:21 PM
ghd8989
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by LeXGS450H
I keep hearing about the NF210 and the DF210 from Tanabe...I have the GS450 sitting on 20" Vossen 083's...10.5" in the back and 9.0" in the front. Due to the extra weight of the GS450H I dont wanna drop it too much just kill the gap from fender to tire. Which of these has the least drop or has something come up on the market that im not aware of. Im in Miami and its limited here on any aftermarket items for the GS450H. Also, Im looking for a roof Spoiler...any suggestions where i can get one? Thanks for your help.
Well you almost have no choice but to use the NF210s. My car dropped WAAY more than everyone said it would for my 450h.
Old 08-16-11, 11:57 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can see pics of my GS 450h on 20" Vossen CV3 and I am on Tanabe DF springs. Click the pic for the full 11 page gallery. I and everyone that has seen the car loves the look of the 2" drop. That said go with 30 series tires front and 25 in the rear if you go with the 2" drop. I had to do some fender work to get it all to fit. Otherwise with the NF you should be fine.

I have chatted with Tanabe and they would love to do a spring for the 450h but we can't seem to get anyone to go there so they can do the R&D. The battery is 400lbs added to the rear nearly and the springs are not designed for that out of the box. That is 2 good sized rear passengers for a non hybrid GS.

Can't wait to see the finished car and maybe we can do a photoshoot when its lowered.

Old 08-17-11, 05:08 AM
leonsup
Driver

I have a set of F-sports that I used for 3 months & sold the car if you are interested. I believe the drop is comparable to the NF's.
Old 08-17-11, 10:49 PM
Drift King
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
You can see pics of my GS 450h on 20" Vossen CV3 and I am on Tanabe DF springs. Click the pic for the full 11 page gallery. I and everyone that has seen the car loves the look of the 2" drop. That said go with 30 series tires front and 25 in the rear if you go with the 2" drop. I had to do some fender work to get it all to fit. Otherwise with the NF you should be fine.

I have chatted with Tanabe and they would love to do a spring for the 450h but we can't seem to get anyone to go there so they can do the R&D. The battery is 400lbs added to the rear nearly and the springs are not designed for that out of the box. That is 2 good sized rear passengers for a non hybrid GS.

Can't wait to see the finished car and maybe we can do a photoshoot when its lowered.
Where are they located? I am sure we can find someone to go...
Old 08-18-11, 06:41 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Drift King
Where are they located? I am sure we can find someone to go...
In California....there was a thread started about it but no one jumped.
Old 08-18-11, 07:22 AM
Drift King
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bummer... I must have missed the thread. Depending on the day, I would have driven down from Vegas.
Old 06-06-12, 09:09 PM
fhan888
Driver

@ Mike, with the DF springs do you notice any difference with passengers in the back seats?
Old 06-07-12, 11:34 PM
bloggdogg
Driver School Candidate

I just wanna put my own 2 cents in here as I recently bought a set of Tanabe DF210's for my GS450h after reading lots of good things about them on here. But I have to admit I'm not entirely happy with the result. I ended up with my rear being almost an inch under the guards and my front having an inch of gap between the tyres and the body lip.
So basically the car was too high at the front and very low at the back making it not level with the road.
I understand the back is much heavier due to the batteries in the 450h which is understandable but I haven't heard of others having this problem.

I had them professionally installed which cost a pretty penny. But I'm really not happy with how the car looks lopsided.
Old 06-07-12, 11:38 PM
bloggdogg
Driver School Candidate

@ Mike@Vossen what did you do to get your car level? Did you simply change the tyre sizes on the front and back to level it out?
(Oh and i'm on 20x8.5 front and back with 30 profile tyres i think)

Last edited by bloggdogg; 06-07-12 at 11:41 PM. Reason: missed out some info
Old 06-08-12, 07:01 AM
MTLGS450h
Driver School Candidate

Default Re:

do you have pictures of your car after the drop? i also have a set of Df210 that i am about to install tonight. but i am not looking for a saggy back end,

since i have bought them, i have been thinking about just staying stock. or selling them and going with Coilovers, i had Tanabe coilovers on my 2gs, and it was an awesome experience
Old 06-11-12, 01:17 AM
bloggdogg
Driver School Candidate

Yeh ill see if I can take a photo tomorrow during the day.
Old 06-13-12, 06:32 PM
bloggdogg
Driver School Candidate

Ok heres a photo of how mine turned out with DF210s. Its kind of hard to tell by that photo but the car is noticeably uneven with the road. You can see the rears are way under the guards and the fronts have a decent gap. I think i can fit about 3 fingers in the gap.
Sure it means it means theres plenty of clearance to make sharp turns, but im slightly uncomfortable with the inconsistency with the front and back. Other than that, the springs are great. Ride quality is noticeably firmer from stock but i kinda like that. :-)
Attached Thumbnails which Lowering Springs for The GS450H do I get?-gs450hdf210.jpg  
Old 06-14-12, 10:56 AM
MTLGS450h
Driver School Candidate

Bro, it looks great!

did you get to drive on these springs with the stock wheels? is it just rough because of the low pro tires?

Quick Reply: which Lowering Springs for The GS450H do I get?