Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Installed RCA blocks on my AWD GS

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-13, 04:36 PM
L2C
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vadimo
Installed new wheels today and also 30mm (front and rear) RCA blocks. Wheels are off a brand new GS F Sport. No issues at all. Had an alignment done at Sears and the guy said there are no issues at all with anything.

Do u have more pics of the front wheel arc?
Old 03-19-13, 09:10 PM
vadimo
Rookie

What sort of pic do you need? I can take one tomorrow.

Yes they are 19's off the new GS F Sport
Old 03-19-13, 11:46 PM
L2C
Driver School Candidate

What sort of pic do you need? I can take one tomorrow.

Yes they are 19's off the new GS F Sport
I would luv to see the gap difference if u could use a tape measure or fingers to see the gap difference from front to rear. I plan on getting some but not sure if I want to do 30/30 RCA or get f sport springs and then maybe some RCA in front to make it even out
Old 03-24-13, 08:00 PM
x3kenster
Driver School Candidate

NM, i just PM'd Pete.

Last edited by x3kenster; 03-24-13 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-01-13, 12:07 PM
eLMeRoKs
Driver School Candidate

Looks great- pretty much should've been the factory (OEM STOCK) setup!
I'm loving the new and old mash up too! Pretty clean outcome.
keep the pics coming.
Old 09-12-13, 04:12 AM
angus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Installed new wheels today and also 30mm (front and rear) RCA blocks. Wheels are off a brand new GS F Sport. No issues at all. Had an alignment done at Sears and the guy said there are no issues at all with anything.

Where did you find the 30mm rear blocks?
Old 05-01-14, 11:34 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

FYI....SAGE 30mm front drop on AWD w/ stock susp...before and after pics sent from a friend.

Pete
Attached Thumbnails Installed RCA blocks on my AWD GS-img_20140430_220851.jpg   Installed RCA blocks on my AWD GS-img_20140501_073436.jpg  
Old 11-03-14, 09:28 PM
Asav
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Back on my stock wheels as winter seems to to be rapidly approaching. I just wanted to add my two cents FWIW about vibrations since I am an AWD with RCA blocks. I am not making any assertions about the RCA blocks I have installed.They do what they should do, period. Good pruduct from a good dude who is happy to answer your questions when you purchase.

I installed them a long while back on my 06 AWD and have since put about 45k miles on the car with stock suspension and no issues. I never had any vibrations until I hit about 91k miles. I am now at 94k miles. My struts were fine at the time. I intend to keep the car so I started doing preventative maintenance because the suspension parts are now 9 years old, and I was concerned about ball joints given the issues that have taken place with the 2GS .

I changed out much of the front suspension over the course of two months. I changed ball joints - UBJ and LBJ, inner/outer tie rods, stabilizer links, sway bar bushings, upper control arm bushings (stock arm remains), and front struts, including mounts/bump stops. I had an inner CV boot leak on one side that made me get my drivers side axle (OEM) rebuilt. It was $195 bucks so I did both sides to eliminate potential imbalance between L/R sides of the car. Car does not vibrate at all. Again, this is just for context purposes. I have my reasons for staying on stock suspension and running RCA blocks only. I also don't believe in throwing one part at a time at the car if you intend on keeping it because all you are doing is compromising the other suspension geometry which will put excessive wear on your other parts. For example, I am not going to ruin new ball joints and rebuilt axles prematurely because I am riding around on blown struts not knowing it until it becomes too uncomfortable. I just changed them out because they have 94k miles on em' and have lasted 9 years, period. At the same time, I don't think you should just let the dealership/shop throw parts at the car to solve problems since that is costly. That said, the cost of this stuff was largely OEM parts from Sewell, and a few aftermarket things like ROCA bushings, and Deeza endlinks. I am a DIYer for most things that I feel are within my comfort zone or that I feel are worth the inconvenience/time to learn about the car so I wasn't really worried about getting raped on labor etc. and that made the investment more worthwhile for me. As I said, still on RCAs and no vibrations at all. I hope this helps give some context to the AWD owner's out there and reinforces the quaiity of the product Pete sold me.
Old 11-16-14, 02:42 PM
CarKrayz
Rookie

I just got the 20mm RCA adapters installed.
My suspension is fully oem stock.
No vibrations before the install but once i have them installed the vibration is happening only when it is shifted to Reverse or Drive.
When it is on Park or Neutral there are no vibrations.
It is only happening at a stop, when i let go of the brakes the vibration goes away.

Note: this was not an issue prior to the RCA adapters.

Am I the only one experiencing this? any info would help.
Thanks in advance.
Old 12-16-14, 11:55 PM
mvierneza
Driver School Candidate

Anyone know where I can purchase this RCA KIT? This is exactly what I am trying to accomplish on my 2008 GS350 AWD. Thank you.
Old 12-22-14, 10:00 AM
Asav
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by mvierneza
Anyone know where I can purchase this RCA KIT? This is exactly what I am trying to accomplish on my 2008 GS350 AWD. Thank you.

PM member = PHML. He sells these on here at http://lexi-imports.blogspot.com
Old 03-29-15, 05:10 AM
RTGS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently purchased the 20mm from PHML and got them installed. It levels the car nicely. I'm keeping my stock wheels/tires for winter so I was limited to 20mm.

PHML was great to work with on this mod. Installed without a hitch.
Old 06-30-15, 02:33 PM
Sleeper97
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick question for everyone who has installed these RCA blocks. Since they lower the car a bit, has anyone notice a difference in performance in terms of handling. Does the car handle slightly better? Also has anyone checked to see if the spare tire clears with 20mm RCA blocks?
Old 07-06-15, 05:41 AM
Asav
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Sleeper97
Quick question for everyone who has installed these RCA blocks. Since they lower the car a bit, has anyone notice a difference in performance in terms of handling. Does the car handle slightly better? Also has anyone checked to see if the spare tire clears with 20mm RCA blocks?

Nope. If you are on stock suspension the car is still a boat lol.
Old 07-05-17, 02:40 PM
ryan350808
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

got a full set for sale if anyone is interested 20mm and 25mm for the fronts and 30mm with camber kits for the rear, take all for $120. had them for a few months rode nicely. also vibrations happen randomly for me depending on the road surface. i have pictures of what they look like on the suspension thread "GS350 AWD Lowering help"

Quick Reply: Installed RCA blocks on my AWD GS