Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Installed RCA blocks on my AWD GS

Old 10-31-11, 05:58 PM
Silver10
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TriniGS
WOW forgot this tread. I still have my front RCA for sale if anyone is interested.
What size and whats your price?
Old 11-13-11, 10:18 PM
Kcook700
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone tried these RCAs on an AWD that is already lowered about 2-3 inches? Curious if it helped reduce the wobble/vibration effect.
Old 11-16-11, 08:19 AM
bars0sun
Driver School Candidate

Got RCA block on Saturday and installed them yesterday - took me about 40 minutes. I have '06 300 AWD with 98k miles running stock 17". Went with 20mm blocks and gap to the screw is really just like somebody posted before - at most 3mm to a wheel barrel. I took pictures of before and after, but pictures really don't show how much of this 20mm drop re-shaped car stance - the difference is huge. I also measured height to the top of front and rear arches - 27" in front, 27.5" in the back.
Sorry for a crappy pictures - was in the garage and making photos with my droidx

Here is BEFORE
Installed RCA blocks on my AWD GS-rfbefore.jpg
Installed RCA blocks on my AWD GS-lfbefore.jpg

Here is AFTER
Installed RCA blocks on my AWD GS-rfafter.jpg
Installed RCA blocks on my AWD GS-lfafter.jpg
Old 11-16-11, 06:47 PM
h2dro
Driver School Candidate

The front looks good so what do you do to drop the rear?
Old 11-23-11, 05:20 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver10
This is good to know and it so happens that im riding on 20's as my daily and have stock 18'' lobster claws. Where can a purchase be made at and what would give a better look as far as lowering and not destroy my frontend alignment?
Check the classified section, or PM me, I can help you get a set.

Originally Posted by Kcook700
Has anyone tried these RCAs on an AWD that is already lowered about 2-3 inches? Curious if it helped reduce the wobble/vibration effect.
RCAs can work with any suspension. As for as fixing the infamous wobble/vibration effect...no idea.

Originally Posted by bars0sun
Got RCA block on Saturday and installed them yesterday - took me about 40 minutes. I have '06 300 AWD with 98k miles running stock 17". Went with 20mm blocks and gap to the screw is really just like somebody posted before - at most 3mm to a wheel barrel. I took pictures of before and after, but pictures really don't show how much of this 20mm drop re-shaped car stance - the difference is huge. I also measured height to the top of front and rear arches - 27" in front, 27.5" in the back.
Sorry for a crappy pictures - was in the garage and making photos with my droidx

Here is BEFORE
Attachment 228287
Attachment 228288

Here is AFTER
Attachment 228289
Attachment 228290
Nice job Looks much better.

Originally Posted by h2dro
Nothing for now. SAGE rear prototype is out...probably testing now.
Old 12-13-11, 11:31 AM
gridlock13
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

just something i wanted to mention.

normally it's just me in the car and maybe someone in the front passenger seat. i've had these blocks in for a while now with no vibrations. back in september i was driving back from pennsylvania with 3 passengers and a trunk full of stuff. i'd say the 2 passengers in back and the cargo combined weighed about 320 lbs. i was driving on the highway and it was raining and there was so much shuddering going on that my steering wheel was vibrating. not sure if the shuddering was caused by the car driving through the rain or because the extra weight caused the rear of the car to lower too. just thinking that these AWD lowering vibrations might be caused by having the rear of the car lowered. that's why people who use lowering springs or coilovers have the vibrations and i don't.
Old 12-14-11, 03:54 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

has nothing to do with lowering the rear. the rear is the exact same setup as the RWD GS. i know it has to do with the design on the front axles and the position that the axle is put in when you lower the car. you could have been feeling vibrations in your tires from the rain.
Old 12-16-11, 04:39 AM
liv2drift
Driver School Candidate

Hmmm has anyone tried the 30mm on an AWD GS yet? I'm thinking about trying these in conjuction w/ coilovers maybe they're the answer to less (or no) vibrations. I know on some other chassis they use them to get the car lower (UCF/LS's). Any more ideas as to why this will or won't work? Maybe it will allow me to lower the car a bit w/out upsetting the front axle setup too much...
Old 12-17-11, 07:00 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by liv2drift
Hmmm has anyone tried the 30mm on an AWD GS yet? I'm thinking about trying these in conjuction w/ coilovers maybe they're the answer to less (or no) vibrations. I know on some other chassis they use them to get the car lower (UCF/LS's). Any more ideas as to why this will or won't work? Maybe it will allow me to lower the car a bit w/out upsetting the front axle setup too much...
No has tried the 30mm SAGE blocks on an AWD yet....only 20mm on AWD so far...mainly because they were running stock 17" wheels.

If you are running larger wheels on your AWD, 30mm should work...no problem. I know SAGE is planning to address this request...this combo will require extra longer bolts since the AWD lower ball joint is thicker than the RWD lower ball joint.
Old 02-07-12, 10:40 AM
kels3000
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PHML
You were the trailblazer...first to install them.

Pm greyhndfan...he's been running them since august 2010 as a daily driver.

Great explanation...but they won't break. Just chk the torque on the bolts every few months...use locktite if you have them. I've never had a problem with loosened bolts if torqued properly.
I'm a newb and don't know how to PM someone but I would like to contact greyhndfan and see how to obtain these. This to be the way I want to go for now.
Old 04-26-12, 01:38 AM
Brabusx2
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

hmm interested... where can i get a set?
Old 04-27-12, 03:41 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by h2dro
i agree i been asking for years and no one gives a answer..RCA blocks front = lower , no rca oem rear = stock height...head down *** up????
Old 04-27-12, 05:32 PM
07LXgs350
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by alwayzspeedin
i agree i been asking for years and no one gives a answer..RCA blocks front = lower , no rca oem rear = stock height...head down *** up????
nah cuz on awd the front is jacked up higher than the back..so with a 20mm drop it makes it just about even...personally i like the front to be just a little lower than the back or even.
Old 04-28-12, 08:55 AM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by 07LXgs350
nah cuz on awd the front is jacked up higher than the back..so with a 20mm drop it makes it just about even...personally i like the front to be just a little lower than the back or even.
Thank you for explaing this... Finally after a few years, you was the only one that gave me a straight up answer..
Old 04-30-12, 08:32 PM
phamtastic
Driver School Candidate

i recently installed the 25mm rca blocks with eibach springs on my awd with oem18". it looks good on my car so far. the vibration is still there and the wobbling has decreased about 50%.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installed RCA blocks on my AWD GS