Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

S-Tein or NF tanabe??

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-10, 07:07 AM
imadesign
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S-Tein or NF tanabe??

CLs
i want tp lower my GS AWD,
i visited Tein website and Tanabe
Tein S.tech has got spring ration::
4.1kg/mm FRONT and 5kg/mm REAR
drop is 1.4inch FRONT and 1.1Rear
the NF210 tanabe::
4.6kg/mm FRONT and 5.8REAR
drop is 1.3FRONT and 0.9Rear
All of these spec is for the RWD not for AWD

what do you advice me? and who tried the S-tein and what do you think of them??
Old 12-18-10, 12:16 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

if you do a search here, there are reports of vibration problems with springs. some have reported no vibrations however. unfortunately the AWD platform is not good for lowering due to this reason. you can try and hope that you are one of the lucky few that won't experience vibration issues. good luck.
Old 12-19-10, 03:12 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

I got s tech teins on my AWD 06 gs...I have the vibration on the front passenger side when my car is in idle, when it is cold outside. With my stock 17's I have a minor wobble from 15-35 mph, but its hardly noticeable from any1 that rides in my car. When i got my 20's its the same wobble and vibrations but stronger and more noticeable. I also have some vibrations at high speeds like around 65+ with the 20's but Ive been told by my friend who is a mechanic that it might be because my lug nuts arent centered and basically i need to get tuner lug nuts.

IMHO i think the s tech teins arent low enough. NF210s will even be higher up than the s techs. SO if you are really set on going with either of those two I would go s tech's.
Im planning to get BC racing coilovers with 8k and 6k spring ratings....Ive heard good things about ride quality with that set up....

Last edited by Lex Luga; 12-19-10 at 03:23 PM.
Old 12-19-10, 03:20 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

S-Tein or NF tanabe??-cl-dsc00481.jpg
S-Tein or NF tanabe??-cl-dsc00487.jpg
S-Tein or NF tanabe??-cl-dsc00500.jpg
S-Tein or NF tanabe??-imag0010.jpg
S-Tein or NF tanabe??-imag0011.jpg

The first pic is stock height
2nd is day 1 of s tech teins
3rd is a couples days after i changed the springs with my 20s on
4th & 5th are pics after the s techs settled which looks pretty nice, but i still wanna be lower
Old 12-19-10, 09:18 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex Luga
Im planning to get BC racing coilovers with 8k and 6k spring ratings....Ive heard good things about ride quality with that set up....
if you are looking to get coilovers in order to go lower, that's fine. but if i recall correctly, there were some AWD guys that still got vibration issues after installing bc coilovers. so if you are thinking/hoping that bc coilovers will not give you vibrations anymore, don't have your hopes up.
Old 12-20-10, 06:00 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

fyi the only company that makes an "awd spring" is road magnet. i say "awd spring" because there really isnt much of a difference probably other than spring rate.

as for the vibrations, yes its true. i really need to get on to solving this issue.
Old 12-20-10, 12:27 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Stormforge
if you are looking to get coilovers in order to go lower, that's fine. but if i recall correctly, there were some AWD guys that still got vibration issues after installing bc coilovers. so if you are thinking/hoping that bc coilovers will not give you vibrations anymore, don't have your hopes up.
I know I will still have vibration issues, but I hear they aren't that bad. IKApimp said with his set up (8k n 6k springs), the ride is still smooth & soft. I think I'm lucky because I dont experience unbearable vibrations some of the AWD guys experience. I experience very minor ones with my stock wheels. It's only noticeable with the vossens on.

So im assuming that the vibrations won't be that much worse. Although i know about the rule: the lower you go, the more vibrations you may have. If it happens, it happens. Im loving that slammed or that semi-slammed/sitting right on top of the wheel look.
Old 12-26-10, 04:02 PM
imadesign
Driver

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
fyi the only company that makes an "awd spring" is road magnet. i say "awd spring" because there really isnt much of a difference probably other than spring rate.

as for the vibrations, yes its true. i really need to get on to solving this issue.
i did search on road magnets spring rate and the drop ratio but didnt find...
do you have any idea about it??