Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

GS rear lower control arm help - possible camber correction

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-10, 08:56 AM
Kcook700
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS rear lower control arm help - possible camber correction

So after a little research and help from the other CL members, I've been thinking of working with Mike from FIGS Engineering (also a CL member) on developing adjustable lower control arms for the 3GS. Unfortunately, he hasn't developed the lower control arms for the 3GS. We all know the toe and upper camber bars are the same for the 2IS and 3GS. But does anyone know if the lower control arms are the same? He already has the 2IS lower arms developed and it would be extremely helpful if they were the same. Anyone have any information? Possibly OEM part numbers for the two? Ideas?

Thanks everyone..
Old 11-19-10, 12:15 PM
Kcook700
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3GS camber solution - FIGS MEGA Arm

So, after doing more research, this is what I found. Sewell Lexus has an online parts catalog that shows parts and part numbers. I compared the 3GS and 2IS and from what it shows (see pictures below) the lower control arms are identical. This means that FIGS lower control arm for the IS will work on the GS.

FIGS Engineering products look great. If you haven't seen the website, I suggest checking it out. This will solve the 3GS rear camber issue and you will only have to replace one part (one on each side) instead of the 3 upper arms like previous thought.

The first picture is the 3GS rear suspension, the second is the 2IS. Same part numbers.
Attached Thumbnails GS rear lower control arm help - possible camber correction-3gs-rear.jpg   GS rear lower control arm help - possible camber correction-2is-rear.jpg  
Old 11-19-10, 12:52 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

Fantastic, thanks for digging in. FYI, I have not quite gotten the 2IS arms out the door but I am expecting both versions to hit my door in early Dec.

This is what they look like on the IS-F. I will have a light (race version) and a standard non dimpled version for sale.

Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions