Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Finally is Here - TSIB for F-SPORT Sway Bars!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-10, 08:33 PM
sprintz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OrlGS450h
My dealer told me it was a warrantied item under the F-Sport sways not the car itself but this will be the third set! They are supposed to be there tomorrow and I am going to make sure they are the ZD bushings as well as inspect my front F-Sport sway for any damage since they told me I would be fine driving my car! They also told mr if there was any damage to the sway that they would replace it as well! Will see either tomorrow or Friday!
So they covered the labor too? I.e. you haven't paid for any of the fixup work?

The whole reason why I paid xtra for my dealer to install my sways was for this reason, but the Jack Ashes at my (former) dealership wouldn't cover the $20 labor to put in the ZD's (so I did the 15 minute job myself).
Old 09-16-10, 11:07 AM
ironring
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sprintz

The whole reason why I paid xtra for my dealer to install my sways was for this reason, but the Jack Ashes at my (former) dealership wouldn't cover the $20 labor to put in the ZD's (so I did the 15 minute job myself).
The ZD bushing work well, but there is still a little knock when there is a sharp transition in the road and it becomes more when the temperature goes below 60F.
Old 09-16-10, 11:57 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

^well that sucks. what's the point. best $800 I've ever spent :rollseyes:
Old 09-16-10, 02:28 PM
ironring
Driver School Candidate

I am heading to my Lexus dealership on Saturday and see what they say, maybe they know something that Toyota did not. Other than that, I do really enjoy the sway bars. It is not bad enough to make we want to replace them with the original ones, plus I will not drive it in the winter.
Old 09-17-10, 04:14 AM
Gs350Lola
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow so the ZD bushings still make noise? i live in san francisco roads are bumpy and temp is cold.. im ganna still hear it....so imma pay for the ZD bushings and they still make noise and then another revision is going to come out and imma pay for those also.... hmmm I feel like a kid who got his candy stolen....something isnt right....
Old 09-17-10, 07:35 AM
OrlGS450h
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sprintz

I haven't paid a dime for anything other than the $425.00 for the F-Sport sways and an extra $90.00 for installation but other than that all warranty each time it's been in the shop for the bushing issue!

I found out what the black list issue was on the bushings! Apparently Lexus has had obvious issues with these sway bushings well apparently there were AB bushings mixed in with the ZD at wharehouse And they had a temp hold on the sale or shipping until they ran a check to make sure no AB's were mis packaged and that all were ZD! I have the updated bushings now and am waiting to get them installed Monday but after reading a recent post on here, I will not put up with any noise. I never will sacrifice luxury fir handling when I can go buy a car where they do have it right!

I will update everybody when I get it back but I am having other issues fixed as well, AC draining into cabin and is now causing horrible musty mildew smell that I cannot get out! So they has to yank out all the interior and replace te carpeting Nd fix the drainplug issue! They also will instal the ZD bushings and if the f-Sport front sway is damaged they will order another under warranty! And I also started getting a popping noise in my speakers when I go over a bump or hard turn! Funny, I have never had this much problems with any of my other 20+ cars but I still love the GS450h!
Old 12-13-10, 06:14 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ was that $515 total for purchase/install from your dealer? With that $500 Loyalty card I just got, been thinking how to spend it. Do you guys think it’s a good idea for AWD here in Swiss-cheese Jersey roads? Or should I get f-sports lowering springs instead? Anybody has any idea how much that would run? I can probably get Tanabe NF for around $250 plus $200 for install, but not sure how much f-sport @ dealership would run with an install.
Old 12-15-10, 08:21 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by OrlGS450h
I haven't paid a dime for anything other than the $425.00 for the F-Sport sways and an extra $90.00 for installation but other than that all warranty each time it's been in the shop for the bushing issue!

I found out what the black list issue was on the bushings! Apparently Lexus has had obvious issues with these sway bushings well apparently there were AB bushings mixed in with the ZD at wharehouse And they had a temp hold on the sale or shipping until they ran a check to make sure no AB's were mis packaged and that all were ZD! I have the updated bushings now and am waiting to get them installed Monday but after reading a recent post on here, I will not put up with any noise. I never will sacrifice luxury fir handling when I can go buy a car where they do have it right!

I will update everybody when I get it back but I am having other issues fixed as well, AC draining into cabin and is now causing horrible musty mildew smell that I cannot get out! So they has to yank out all the interior and replace te carpeting Nd fix the drainplug issue! They also will instal the ZD bushings and if the f-Sport front sway is damaged they will order another under warranty! And I also started getting a popping noise in my speakers when I go over a bump or hard turn! Funny, I have never had this much problems with any of my other 20+ cars but I still love the GS450h!
let us know how the sways are after your ZD bushing is installed. i'm anxious to hear about your experience.
Old 12-16-10, 03:58 AM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

I supposedly have the new bushings, but I still am got annoying knocking sounds from the front right starting a week after install. I need to contact Sewell for a bushing replacement. I wonder if I was sent the old bushings by accident also.
Old 12-17-10, 07:08 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jre002
I supposedly have the new bushings, but I still am got annoying knocking sounds from the front right starting a week after install. I need to contact Sewell for a bushing replacement. I wonder if I was sent the old bushings by accident also.
did you check to see if the new bushings you have on are indeed the ZD ones?
Old 12-18-10, 01:38 AM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Stormforge
did you check to see if the new bushings you have on are indeed the ZD ones?
I am not in the same location as my car right now so I can't.
Old 12-18-10, 08:01 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

is it even possible to check for the "ZD" stamp once they've been installed, without uninstalling them?
Old 04-28-11, 03:59 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

ok i know this is for GS owners but does this new bushing work for 2IS owners. I have been having very annoying knocking and clunking and i want to fix this. Please someone let me know
Old 04-30-11, 08:19 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

Anyone?????
Old 06-19-11, 08:33 PM
shurik
Driver School Candidate

hmmmmm im sure someone should know...

Quick Reply: Finally is Here - TSIB for F-SPORT Sway Bars!!!