Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Finally is Here - TSIB for F-SPORT Sway Bars!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-11, 11:25 PM
wingster
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No. I don't think it will work on a 2IS... The GS350 F-Sport front sway bar is 31.75mm... the ISX50 F-Sport front sway bar is 28.6mm or 30mm. If you use the ZD bushing for the GS350 on your 2IS the noise/bumping/knocking would problably be worst.

Last edited by wingster; 06-19-11 at 11:28 PM.
Old 10-20-12, 11:04 PM
OlDuc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway bar TSIB. Number?

Originally Posted by slk_dds
I just got an e-mail from service department's GM at Sewell, stated that:

"We have been sent a “pre-release” sway bar bushing set that we would like to install on your car. There will be an upcoming TSIB and these will be the bushings that will be used. The TSIB is still being written at this time."

I will be bring my toy in tomorrow, I will let you know if it does eliminate the knocking!!!

I will try to post the official TSIB number once I get my toy back !!!
Do you have the number? Recently installed F sport sway bars and have same issue. How do I tell if the latest bushings were installed.
Old 03-04-13, 04:08 PM
GatorNappr
Rookie

Question F-Sport sway bars

I just upgraded from an '03 GS300 to an '09 GS350 AWD and the first thing I noticed was increased lean in sharp maneuvers - far more than the '03. Yes, my Porsche Cayman spoils me, but I was expecting the '09 AWD suspension to have stiffer sway bars.

SO, I trotted off to my local dealer to check on a set of F-Sport sway bars and the parts guy said the latest bushigs come with the package.

As this thread is a bit old, can anyone give me an update on how the F-Sport sway bars are doing? I'm ready to order and put them in this weekend........any and all input/feedback from the GS350 brain trust is appreciated.

gatornapper
Old 03-04-13, 04:18 PM
GatorNappr
Rookie

Oh, one more thing on the F-Sport sway bars - don't the sway bars on the AWD have to be different than on the RWD because of the front wheel drive assembly?
Old 03-11-13, 10:51 AM
OlDuc
Driver School Candidate

Lightbulb Sway Bar Bushings...

Do not assume the upgraded bushings are in the package. My dealer told me the same thing and even showed me a communication from Lexus that said all the packages had been upgraded. Guess what! Not the case on my car, a GS350 RWD. The parts manager argued with me when I challenged it and reluctantly put it up on a hoist to find they were the old part number. They changed them but really don't think we needed to go thru the debate.

Well worth adding to the GS though.

Good luck,

Ted

Originally Posted by gatornappe
I just upgraded from an '03 GS300 to an '09 GS350 AWD and the first thing I noticed was increased lean in sharp maneuvers - far more than the '03. Yes, my Porsche Cayman spoils me, but I was expecting the '09 AWD suspension to have stiffer sway bars.

SO, I trotted off to my local dealer to check on a set of F-Sport sway bars and the parts guy said the latest bushigs come with the package.

As this thread is a bit old, can anyone give me an update on how the F-Sport sway bars are doing? I'm ready to order and put them in this weekend........any and all input/feedback from the GS350 brain trust is appreciated.

gatornapper
Old 03-18-13, 07:44 AM
GatorNappr
Rookie

Ted -

Thanks. When did you get yours? Sewell Lexus assured me that the bars came with the new bushings.....I cannot imagine their still shipping the old ones with all the noise problems....

Originally Posted by OlDuc
Do not assume the upgraded bushings are in the package. My dealer told me the same thing and even showed me a communication from Lexus that said all the packages had been upgraded. Guess what! Not the case on my car, a GS350 RWD. The parts manager argued with me when I challenged it and reluctantly put it up on a hoist to find they were the old part number. They changed them but really don't think we needed to go thru the debate.

Well worth adding to the GS though.

Good luck,

Ted
Old 03-19-13, 02:28 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gatornappe
Ted -

Thanks. When did you get yours? Sewell Lexus assured me that the bars came with the new bushings.....I cannot imagine their still shipping the old ones with all the noise problems....
Lexus is still shipping sways with faulty bushings.

Sewell is manually swapping them out because they are good guys. Other dealers are still selling faulty bushings.
Old 03-25-13, 06:32 PM
OlDuc
Driver School Candidate

Default F sport sway bar bushings

Originally Posted by GatorNappr
Ted -

Recommend the install. Just pointing out my experience with one dealership. Lexus clearly shipped with the old bushings long after TSIB saying they had all been replaced. Maybe it was old stock. Get them installed but confirm the bushings are upgraded Before installation. Easy to do -just check the part numbers.
Old 07-31-15, 08:23 PM
rl9010
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by *Batman*
Lexus is still shipping sways with faulty bushings.

Sewell is manually swapping them out because they are good guys. Other dealers are still selling faulty bushings.
Ordered from Sewell and the ZD (updated bushings) were included. It looks as if they are manually swapping out the old bushings and replacing with the updated ones.

I can confirm ptr02-30101 will fit gs450.
Old 01-16-16, 08:29 PM
Kashill
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a way to identify the correct bushings? Thinking about purchasing a set off eBay.
Old 06-24-17, 04:11 PM
DEONDRE
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Long shot here.. but does anyone know if a 06 gs350 strut tower bar would fit a 06 gs430?