Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Finally is Here - TSIB for F-SPORT Sway Bars!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-10, 12:01 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by pjjames1
Geez what a drag....my IS250's F-Sport sway bars creak and squeal so much, I can't stand it. It's a little better now that it's warm...but in the mornings going down the driveway honestly sounds like a little rat is under my car making noise.
wasnt there a TSIB on the F sport springs for the IS. Seems like you guys more shafted than we did. We only have the noise issue with the sway bars ( my F sport intakes sucks *** though)
Old 03-29-10, 05:21 PM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wingster
We're talking about the front F-Sport GS Sway bars, not the IS (size of sway bars are different). We're only aware of a GS fix that may be comming soon.

If you have squealing, I suggest you report it to you dealer, and see what they can do for you.
Ahhhhhh...alright!

I've spoken to my service guy who's a good friend and drives a GS460 with F-Sport sways and said that the issue is with the bushings and that while the size may be different on the GS and IS, the bushings are the same.
Old 03-29-10, 05:22 PM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
wasnt there a TSIB on the F sport springs for the IS. Seems like you guys more shafted than we did. We only have the noise issue with the sway bars ( my F sport intakes sucks *** though)
I had the springs replaced on my IS and it cured some of the clunk noise, but not much, so I don't hold out much hope. However now that it's the summer time, my bushings aren't making noise...only when it's cold.
Old 03-29-10, 08:36 PM
wingster
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahhhhhh...alright!

I've spoken to my service guy who's a good friend and drives a GS460 with F-Sport sways and said that the issue is with the bushings and that while the size may be different on the GS and IS, the bushings are the same.
Same size? That doesn't make any sense. The front 3GS f-sport sway bar is 31.75mm in diameter and the IS 250/350 RWD is 28.6 mm (3.15mm difference). If the bushings are the same size as the IS250/350 RWD, then the 3GS sway bar would be too big for the bushing, and would probably bind instead of bouncing around causing thumping noises. If it were the other way around... that would mean all the IS250/350's with f-sport sway bars would be thumping all day long. These bushings are really like polyurethane, so there is very little tolerance in the fitment of the sway bar.

Last edited by wingster; 03-29-10 at 08:40 PM.
Old 03-30-10, 07:03 AM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Still free of knocking !!!

Last edited by slk_dds; 03-30-10 at 07:07 AM.
Old 03-30-10, 09:54 AM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

Originally Posted by wingster
Same size? That doesn't make any sense. The front 3GS f-sport sway bar is 31.75mm in diameter and the IS 250/350 RWD is 28.6 mm (3.15mm difference). If the bushings are the same size as the IS250/350 RWD, then the 3GS sway bar would be too big for the bushing, and would probably bind instead of bouncing around causing thumping noises. If it were the other way around... that would mean all the IS250/350's with f-sport sway bars would be thumping all day long. These bushings are really like polyurethane, so there is very little tolerance in the fitment of the sway bar.
WOW! You've got a lot of extra time on your hands to be doing that kind of math/homework. Since this has become a pissing contest about "who's sway bars are bigger"...I'll just leave this thread alone. However, I thought Clublexus and forums like this were to come and share knowledge, issues and help to fellow Lexus owners be-it a GS, LS or IS. Since my first post, Wingster, you basically told me this was a "GS only" thread. Hate to be a cry baby...I just hate when threads turn into guys who try and take people to school instead of help out and realize that we're all dealing with the same issue regardless of the car or sway bar size and we want it fixed...plain and simple.
Old 03-30-10, 10:42 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

WOW! You've got a lot of extra time on your hands to be doing that kind of math/homework. Since this has become a pissing contest about "who's sway bars are bigger"...I'll just leave this thread alone. However, I thought Clublexus and forums like this were to come and share knowledge, issues and help to fellow Lexus owners be-it a GS, LS or IS. Since my first post, Wingster, you basically told me this was a "GS only" thread. Hate to be a cry baby...I just hate when threads turn into guys who try and take people to school instead of help out and realize that we're all dealing with the same issue regardless of the car or sway bar size and we want it fixed...plain and simple.
i think you are taking what wingster said the wrong way. he has his points about the bushings and valid concern on bushing. bushings should be specific to sways of different diameter, if it's too big, there will be noise. if it's too small, it will bind. clublexus is a place where people try to help each other out and share information. and that's exactly what he's trying to do. in no way was he trying to ditch the IS for having smaller sway bars.
Old 03-30-10, 11:40 AM
wingster
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
i think you are taking what wingster said the wrong way. he has his points about the bushings and valid concern on bushing. bushings should be specific to sways of different diameter, if it's too big, there will be noise. if it's too small, it will bind. clublexus is a place where people try to help each other out and share information. and that's exactly what he's trying to do. in no way was he trying to ditch the IS for having smaller sway bars.
Thanks rominl.

pjjames1: This is not a pissing match, I apologize if you took it the wrong way. I'm just trying to share information that I've learned. I don't know why you feel like I took you to "school". You know that we are in the in thrid generation GS section of the forum. And that this thread was started as a subject regarding a specific "pending" TSIB a few of us are waiting for.
Old 04-07-10, 12:17 PM
RC51TOFUMA
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

any update on this?
Old 04-07-10, 02:18 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

still waiting like suckers. I am so done with F Sport its not even funny. Their intake for the 3GS is trash and the sway bars make more noise than my crappy intake. Once they fix this I am avoiding F sport like it has a disease
Old 04-07-10, 03:55 PM
3GS404
Lead Lap

3rd_GS come out about 4 year ago,i was wondering how come there is none trusted company made aftermarket sway bar for our car beside the F-sport ? and most of people r having issues after install the F-sport sway bar,why does Lexus taking so long to resolve their problem..is jeez..? Are there any Lexus' representatives r listening to us on this forum?
Old 04-07-10, 04:31 PM
RC51TOFUMA
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

true...very true
Old 04-07-10, 05:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by 3GS404
3rd_GS come out about 4 year ago,i was wondering how come there is none trusted company made aftermarket sway bar for our car beside the F-sport ? and most of people r having issues after install the F-sport sway bar,why does Lexus taking so long to resolve their problem..is jeez..? Are there any Lexus' representatives r listening to us on this forum?
the 3gs isn't really a performance car by most mean, from a return point of view it doesn't make much sense for most companies to even develop sways for this car.

the 2gs was kind of different coz' it was aristo in japan and had the v300 version which is the 2jz-gte engine. that made the car a tuner car and got a lot more attention from the tuner companies

now regarding lexus' fix on the fsport sways? i have been asking the same question too, this is unbelievably long time to fix which i consider a relatively straight forward matter
Old 04-07-10, 05:53 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

still waiting, but luckily the warmer weather has helped mine tremendously.
Old 04-09-10, 04:07 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Another quick update:

Temperature in Dallas just took a dive to the low 40's overnight, new F-SPORT bushings held up to the challenged... still FREE OF NOISE!!!

EXCEPT the damn brakes is bytching again!!!

Off the topic..
Should I ask them to put the OEM's "HIGH FICTION + HIGH DUST" brake pads back on my toy, just so I don't have to be bother with the freaking brake noise!?!

Thanks all,

Stevie

Last edited by slk_dds; 04-09-10 at 04:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Finally is Here - TSIB for F-SPORT Sway Bars!!!