Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

f-sport brakes for our GS350 only 1000$

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-09, 10:20 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default f-sport brakes for our GS350 only 1000$

here is the ebay link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS...Q5fAccessories
Old 12-22-09, 10:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

1000 starting price, that's pretty misleading isn't it?

it's just by sewell lexus, they are vendor here already
Old 12-22-09, 10:46 PM
e39ng
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy it now for $1250 and free shipping too!
O boy...I got mine from Sewell as well but...of course I paid a lot more than this...
Old 12-22-09, 10:51 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Are you selling them??? or are you just telling us you want to buy them. I personally have lost a lot of faith in the F sport line. I have had issues with my F sport sway bars that rattle and clunk, the F sport intake for the GS is a total joke(Its not different from stock at all), and the IS springs have been recalled. I am done with F sport crap. Also remember that BBK will usually cost you hp at the wheels secondary to increased unsprung weight. I have seen guys lose 10-12 whp with BBKs unless you are doing a racing set up with ultra light multipiece rotors . Larger rotors don't always give you better braking. It gives you fade resistance for better consistency on the track and the added cooling veins and drilled face will allow for better cooling but remember that drilled rotors are more prone to cracking that slotted. slotted rotors are real performance rotors. The drilled face will also reduce the mass of the rotor therefore causing easier heat build up and increased chance of cracking or warping. When sports car manufacturers do it they do it because drilled looks nicer thats it. They know that people who do track days will not be using drilled rotors....at least not if they know whats up
Old 12-22-09, 10:53 PM
LexiGS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Makes me wonder the durability of F-Sports brake~~~
Old 12-22-09, 10:54 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

no i am not selling or planning to buy it just came across it on ebay and wanted to share..i personally wont buy f-sport parts
Old 12-22-09, 10:55 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexiGS
Makes me wonder the durability of F-Sports brake~~~
me too. I see the appeal because of the price but I wonder about F sport parts after my negative experiences
Old 12-22-09, 10:57 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by xxxalwayzspeedinxxx
no i am not selling or planning to buy it just came across it on ebay and wanted to share..i personally wont buy f-sport parts
you are smart. You learn from others mistakes. I wonder why they are so cheap. Is it because nobody wants them. If he sold them back in July he could have easily asked for double and would have got it. Now I think more people will be cautious

oh just looked at the description and the spare tire will not fit over the rotors. That could get a bit inconvinient when you have a blow out and you have to wait for the tow truck

Last edited by I8ABMR; 12-22-09 at 11:00 PM.
Old 12-22-09, 11:05 PM
e39ng
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
me too. I see the appeal because of the price but I wonder about F sport parts after my negative experiences
As most of us already know, the F-sport BBK is made by stoptech and it is the just same thing with blue paint and F-sport logo. I trust Stoptech. If the auction is for a stoptech own bbk, would you have a second thought?
Old 12-22-09, 11:10 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by e39ng
As most of us already know, the F-sport BBK is made by stoptech and it is the just same thing with blue paint and F-sport logo. I trust Stoptech. If the auction is for a stoptech own bbk, would you have a second thought?
Actually NO. I have had a Stop tech stage 2 kit on my G35 ( front and rear) and they were amazing. I wasnt aware that they were made by stoptech but the drilled vs slotted will always still stand. Drilled is more for cosmetic appeal and will do fine on the streets, but for prolonged heavy usage like track days slotted is better
Old 12-22-09, 11:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i am really tired of people just bashing fsport stuff as a whole without looking into the details. do you know that fsport (lexus) doesn't really design any of the products. they actually buy products by other companies and rebadged them as fsport parts? the intake and sways are both by different companies, and the brakes are by stoptech. granted, it could be lexus doing poor choices on items, but unless someone can really shows fsport brakes have problems, i think it's pretty silly saying fsport is crap. it's like saying the es350 has bad tranny and the whole lexus brand must be crap.

i personally know 3 people with fsport brakes and they have nothing but good things to say about them. i have driven cars with fsport brakes and i have to say they are very good setup and i had no issue.

and for those who don't read much into details, fsport brakes are true bbk with 2 piece rotors that help reduces weight. cracks on bbks are not uncommon, those who knows won't go all crazy about it. feel free to look at the isf stock brakes (designed by brembo, drilled rotors). quite a few members track their cars, and there could be hairline cracks. it's no biggy... same with m cars and amgs.... those who really know brakes will be able to tell you cracks are possible and it's not deal killers.

losing hp? sure, worry about the heavy larger wheels we all put on our cars first.

so it's like saying brembo and ap racing, both with tremendous history with racing, put out drilled rotors just to look "cool"? looking at all the porsche and ferrari's? just to look cool? come on, common sense comes into play

anyone who actually cares about putting on bbk would be cautious enough about spare tire and the potential consequence. inconvenient? can we get a more stretched argument just to put down the brakes? it's like saying lowering car is such a stupid move coz' it makes it so much harder to get up driveways

i am not trying to defend fsport brakes. i don't own them on my car, and personally i would not get them for my cars. however i have owned quite a few bbks on different cars and probably know a bit more about brakes than some out there. i just feel some of the arguments about fsport brakes being "no good" when people don't even have them or hear issues, or actually have bbk at all, that's totally uncalled for
Old 12-22-09, 11:31 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I speak from my experience and that makes it 100% right. The details dont mean anything if most of the parts are problematic. You dont have a set so dont get all defensive. The part were selected by Lexus and that makes it the same. Even if other companies make the parts Lexus obviously didnt test ****. If I have had 100% negative experience with the parts what makes you think I wouldnt be unhappy with the parts. In my experience the parts are crap....and I stand by that. Lexus did a poor job preparing the parts for sale and it shows over and over again. Defending the brakes after all of the other parts I have purchased and the IS line have had issues would seem a bit blind. F sport to me is CRAP. I have had 100% disatisfaction with the parts I have on my car and do not intend on saying anything positive about it in the future. With all due respect unlike you at least I speak from direct experience.

Last edited by I8ABMR; 12-22-09 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12-23-09, 12:11 AM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by i8abmr
you are smart. You learn from others mistakes. I wonder why they are so cheap. Is it because nobody wants them. If he sold them back in july he could have easily asked for double and would have got it. Now i think more people will be cautious

oh just looked at the description and the spare tire will not fit over the rotors. That could get a bit inconvinient when you have a blow out and you have to wait for the tow truck
" a smart man learns from his mistakes , but a wise man learns from others mistake ":d
Old 12-23-09, 04:29 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I speak from my experience and that makes it 100% right. The details dont mean anything if most of the parts are problematic. You dont have a set so dont get all defensive.
You dont have a set either do you? Id take your own advise.

Last edited by IXI187IXI; 12-23-09 at 05:14 AM.
Old 12-23-09, 04:46 AM
Rider
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$1250!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I was going to pull the trigger for $2500?? Can this fit the 460?? IF so, please someone tell me before they are gone hhhhh......

Quick Reply: f-sport brakes for our GS350 only 1000$