Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

F sport sway bar offical thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-09, 11:22 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Exclamation F sport sway bar offical thread

I am going to be getting the F sport sway bars. I was wondering if anyone knows how much thicker the sway bars over the stock???

Last edited by I8ABMR; 04-14-09 at 10:19 PM.
Old 04-14-09, 10:51 PM
boaclub923
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

huh? they have one for GS already?
Old 04-15-09, 09:07 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by boaclub923
huh? they have one for GS already?
not yet. it should be out sometimes this summer.
Old 04-15-09, 09:57 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

june first is the release date. I already have my name on a parts list at my dealership. I want to be one of the first to do this part. Sway bars imo, make one of the best performance increases of any mod I have ever done on any car I have owned. Hands down the sway bars and ECU retune is magic with NO negative drawback. Springs/coilovers you have tire wear. with exhausts you get noise and droning. with a thicker swaybar you get better handling and NO affect in ride quality. ( The only application that sway bars are not a positive enhancements is if you drive the vehicle offroad)

The F sport swaybars should be a no brainer mod for every single member on this entire forum . we all drive a lexus. They are some of the worst handling cars in the segment. Now we will have relability and handling. We dont have to trade the BMW ride and cornering prowess for less trips to the dealership
The following users liked this post:
Desecate (06-21-18)
Old 04-16-09, 11:49 AM
RudeDoggy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doesn't having a (rear) sway bar make the car more prone to oversteer, especially in the snow? Because the last thing I want is to be fishtailing in the snow (AWD notwithstanding)...
Old 04-16-09, 01:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeDoggy
Doesn't having a (rear) sway bar make the car more prone to oversteer, especially in the snow? Because the last thing I want is to be fishtailing in the snow (AWD notwithstanding)...
that's why you should not just get rear bar. if they are selling a set of bars, you should get both otherwise more than likely the car will oversteer more easily

also, sways don't come without shortcomings. if the bar gets too thick, it will give a harsh ride and will break off end links more easily. this is just fact, imagine you just weld the left and right side together and then go over uneven roads, not allowing the independent suspension to work independently. granted, you need really stiff bars in order to see the effect, but a lot of people have experienced that with the trd bars on the 2gs
Old 04-16-09, 01:22 PM
LexFather

^^^ Yeah exactly, I've snapped my TRD sways before at the "Tail of the Dragon" here... Things become tighter and speed bumps are things you really feel.

That said, yes its a no brainer for those that want a better handling car. However I don't believe one bit the GS is poor handling, the main issue is the steering.

I'm curious to know the difference between the Toms and the F-sport parts but I am partial to supporting Lexus since they are actually "listening" to us.
Old 04-17-09, 10:37 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I am so happy that Lexus is listening as well. I was pretty sure that they were thinking that there would be no demand on products like this because the average Lexus driver is not performance minded. I know we are but most are NOT. I would pay 1000 dollars for the sway bars. I agree that the steering is a huge numb mess on the 3GS. Nice and easy in parking lots, but gives you zero feedback
Old 04-17-09, 10:42 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will get the Sway bar for sure......can not wait till it comes out.
Old 04-18-09, 01:46 AM
vietdeluxx
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
.... I would pay 1000 dollars for the sway bars. .....
$1000 is way to rich for my blood if it costs that much...
Old 04-19-09, 06:08 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I am just trying to express how badly I want them.
Old 05-12-09, 09:37 AM
Iocca
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any word on pricing on these things yet? i was scared outta my mind driving through the mountains on the way to san diego this weekend, the last few times i did that drive were in my tc lowered with sways. what a difference
Old 05-12-09, 01:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

msrp around 500 for the set
Old 05-12-09, 02:07 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

the f-sport website still doesn't show any applications for the GS yet.
Old 05-12-09, 06:17 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I have to admit i would like to know how much stiffer the bars are than the stock , but I will get them regardless. In terms of doing suspension damage with the swaybars, I am sure Lexus will have better design quality than TOMS or less aggressive at least. The same goes for TRD. I jusr=t want the car to stay flat through the corners. To say the GS handles will , but just has bad steering is totally wrong. If you think this than you need to drive an Infiniti for a while. The Lexus GS rolls and leans like a stoned and drunk sailor who just got a beating.

Quick Reply: F sport sway bar offical thread