Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

AFS Light Flashing After Tanabe NF210's

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-14, 08:29 PM
kvn409
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great information, I over looked it when I installed my f sport springs and shocks, after I read this thread when out to the garage and fixed it in 5 minutes.
The following users liked this post:
calbeeze (10-24-17)
Old 03-31-14, 09:20 AM
Synergy001
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts

Great info. I'm glad I ran into this thread before lowering my car...
Old 04-11-14, 07:15 PM
jaluco559
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smalldog
You can use the other adjustment to aim your headlights. If you move it up the lights aim down. If you move if down the light go up. Don't forget to mark it before you start adjusting. (just in case you have to set it back) This worked for me.

I had to make the adjustments at night and on level ground so I could see how far to adjust them.
Hey bud i've been trying to figure this out but cant I loosened the nut didnt remove it just loosened it and already slid up and down and still the light wond stop blinking Im losing it bro its driving me crazy!! what am i supposed to do??
Old 04-12-14, 11:08 AM
striderg3
Rookie

the arm on my car looks 99% like its in the correct position.
wondering if just a 1% offset is why my AFS light is blinking. it did go away once i remember. by itself.
Old 05-25-14, 12:03 PM
Checkk
Driver

just want to give some of the guys a heads up about the AFS light and my experience. I replaced front and rear struts on my aunt's lexus IS250. After the installation I notice the AFS light blinking. Took some time to do some research and ran across this thread and I experience the exact same problem as others. The rod was positioning down when it should be position up. At no time during the strut installation that I unbolted to removed the level sensor. It must of some how have pivoted to the downwards position when I pried down the lower control arm to remove the rear left strut. If you're planning to do any suspension work make sure you inspect the level sensor after you're done to make sure it is in the correct position.

Last edited by Checkk; 05-25-14 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-12-14, 12:44 AM
PilgrimIS
Driver School Candidate

Great great thread!

I have an 07 250....Gladly my AFS light is not on, however I'm trying to locate the sensor adjuster... It seems to be rear left... But where?

It's this I'm trying to find....

Can't see it behind the rear left wheel

EDIT - FOUND IT...But it does nothing!

Last edited by PilgrimIS; 11-02-14 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Car model
Old 11-02-14, 05:25 AM
PilgrimIS
Driver School Candidate

You can use the other adjustment to aim your headlights. If you move it up the lights aim down. If you move if down the light go up. Don't forget to mark it before you start adjusting. (just in case you have to set it back) This worked for me.

I had to make the adjustments at night and on level ground so I could see how far to adjust them.

I know this is some time ago, however even though I do not have the AFS light on issue I do have the issue where after lowering the beam is very high. So I undid the 10mm bolt as stated and moved it up....nothing happened. Light beam at same angle. Even tried to move it down and nothing....

Did anyone actually try the above with success?
Old 10-24-17, 12:06 AM
calbeeze
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default That just made my night!

Good to go. I hope this clear up a lot of confusion. All I did was remove the nut (10mm) from the sensor ( has the wire plugged to it) and turned the arm to ( L or 180 degrees) position. I had to remove my tire to get to it. 10min job.

Note:..It should be no need to adjust the adjustment bolt. Look at the first pic when I said " I moved it in every position and had no luck" on page 3.( I think everyone that couldn't fix it was moving the same part) Also note the elbow part in that pic is also in the up position. I got that pic from the IS side. Thanks guys

This thread just saved my night. In replacing the drivers rear strut, I must have repositioned the linkage incorrectly, causing the " AFS OFF" light to flash. These photos saved the night for me. Thank you for keeping these older threads up. The dealer would have gotten me good!
Old 03-09-18, 05:06 AM
glerink
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Bump for gratitude, save me a headache since I read this thread before and was aware of how to bring it back to normal after dropping the car.
Also figured this is going to be a much needed thread for future Padawan lol so why not keep it fresh
calbeeze (03-09-18)
Old 03-09-18, 06:14 AM
calbeeze
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I Agree. This is a Thread that really needs to be kept alive!
Old 04-12-18, 01:56 AM
samsonn25
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

I cant believe they make the rod out of plastic, for the 07 GS450h smfh

Old 06-15-18, 01:11 AM
Avaisss3gs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PilgrimIS
Great great thread!

I have an 07 250....Gladly my AFS light is not on, however I'm trying to locate the sensor adjuster... It seems to be rear left... But where?

It's this I'm trying to find....

Can't see it behind the rear left wheel

EDIT - FOUND IT...But it does nothing!
i tried adjusting up and down nothing worked for me . Should the car be leveled on jack stands or ... I can’t get under it if it has to be on the ground
Old 06-15-18, 01:13 AM
Avaisss3gs
Driver School Candidate

That’s how she’s sitting right now. Decent..
Old 09-03-18, 07:05 PM
nelmed585
Driver School Candidate

I had the same problem after my mechanic changed the drivers side wheel bearing the broke the arm. my AFS light was blinking, the machanic knew he did it but did not own up to it. I was pissed, as you all know the OEM part is really expansive and even after market part was pricey. In most cases i have read the sensor is just fine but it is the arm that breaks with time but they dont sell just the arm or so i was told. I search and i finally found a seller online from eastern Europe. It was around $65 delivered. I took 3 weeks but was well worth it.

The installation took a whole 30 minutes and i didn't even have to remove the wheel, although it may have been easier.
Old 09-03-18, 07:08 PM
nelmed585
Driver School Candidate

These are images from the buyer i got them from, name is alexautoseller and the title of the part ad was this -->
Front LINK headlight height level leveling sensor IS250/350 AWD GS300/350 AWD

good luck with your install
gmoss (03-18-24)

Quick Reply: AFS Light Flashing After Tanabe NF210's