Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Just installed Daizen Camber Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-03, 06:50 PM
MrJohnTan
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed Daizen Camber Kit

I had Todd from TM engineering install the Daizen camber kit for my rears this weekend. Because my car is so low, I was experiencing extreme negative camber in the rear. I also had the problem common to 95-96 SC300's of the upper rear bushings going out. Because of this, my car would make an annoying *squeaking* noise, similar to the sound of a blown shock, which is audible when going over speedbumps, driveways, or basically everything.

At first, I thought I had to buy the camber kit as well as the bushing kit to repair the bad bushings as well as the camber. To my surprise, the camber kit addresses both these issues, killing two birds with one stone . Upon arriving at Todd's shop, we put my car on the rack and you could see where the bushing has slipped out of the upper A-arm and where the A-arm was rubbing on the rear crossmember. The guys at the shop had a difficult time with my car. It was in a rear end accident and everything has been tweeked with before. After about 5 hours of labor they got it done. With everything in place, that annoying squeak was finally gone! As for the handling, I noticed a minimal improvement out of the box. Although I am sure the improvement would be magnified as soon as I get the car aligned. Not to mention, I only replaced the rear bushings. I am sure that when I do the fronts, there will be a night and day difference. With my hectic school/work schedule, my car wont be seeing an alignment rack until this friday.

The guys at the shop also did a little extra work for me. I thought I had an exhaust leak, but when we put the car on the rack, we found out that a huge chunk of my catalytic convertor blew out and melted itself onto the inside my exhaust piping! I was surprised as to how my car actually ran with such a big chuck blocking my exhuast flow. After all that work, I noticed a BIG improvement responsiveness plus more power (which is always a plus). Not to mention, the car ran a LOT quieter.

I would like to thank Todd and everyone else who helped out that night. I appreciate all your guys' help. It was cool meeting everyone. If anyone needs their bushings or camber kit done, I would definately recommend taking your car to TM engineering.

I do have a couple of pictures of the bushing kit. I will upload them as soon as I get off work.

Last edited by MrJohnTan; 10-07-03 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-07-03, 07:27 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad things worked out for you. Todd & Chris are great guys and they always go the extra mile. Although I live in NorCal, I always try to schedule work done when I have to go down south.

Now if only Daizen would finish up the GS camber kit.

Last edited by Neo; 10-07-03 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-07-03, 11:23 PM
MrJohnTan
Lexus Champion

Here you can see how the A-arm has slid off of the stock bushing and where it is rubbing against the crossmember, causing the squeak.
Attached Thumbnails Just installed Daizen Camber Kit-badbushing.jpg  
Old 10-07-03, 11:24 PM
MrJohnTan
Lexus Champion

Another view of the other side of the same A-arm.
Attached Thumbnails Just installed Daizen Camber Kit-badbushing2.jpg  
Old 10-07-03, 11:25 PM
MrJohnTan
Lexus Champion

Daizen camber kit
Attached Thumbnails Just installed Daizen Camber Kit-camberkit.jpg  
Old 10-08-03, 09:27 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you beat me to it!
Just got mine delivered
Old 10-09-03, 06:05 PM
Chris4.3
Lead Lap

Post Nyyce!

Nice to hear your squeaking problem is gone. Aside from the A-arm issue, how long was the process of the rear camber kit?
Old 10-09-03, 06:38 PM
MrJohnTan
Lexus Champion

The camber kit installs into the same location as the bushings of the A-arm. It took them about 5 hours because they were having problems. I would guesstimate it would take about 3-4 hours on any other car.
Old 10-10-03, 11:49 AM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Did you only do the fronts?
Old 10-10-03, 01:54 PM
MrJohnTan
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by siniquezu
Did you only do the fronts?
I did only the rears, because I wanted to take care of the squeaking noise ASAP and I didnt have the time to do the fronts at the same time.

I just finished getting my car aligned. The camber on the front ended up being -1.5 degrees while in the back it was set to -0.5 degrees. The tires on the front are too small for the car. I plan on just wearing through these and then doing the front camber kit after I replace the tires. The car's handling is MUCH more improved now. I can let go of the steering wheel on the freeway without having to fear that my car will pull to the left/right (i do this just to test the alignment, not because i like driving w/o my hands on the wheel). When taking corners, I have an easier time turning the steering wheel back to dead center. Id definately recommend the bushings/camber kit to anyone. Id even go as far as saying its almost a neccessity for those with the 95-96 SC300's.
Old 10-13-03, 11:31 AM
CrazeeSC
Rookie

Awesome!! Do you think the rears need them if my car is only lowered 1"? I think im at -1.5
Old 10-13-03, 01:50 PM
MrJohnTan
Lexus Champion

If youre car is only lowered an inch, you wouldnt need the camber kit, but if you have the squeaky rear bushings, the bushings/camber kit is the way to go.
Old 11-06-03, 01:13 PM
sc300power
Rookie

how much was the camber kit?
Old 11-06-03, 01:58 PM
MrJohnTan
Lexus Champion

Got them from here http://www.tmengineering.net/ $130 i think? cant remember.
Old 11-06-03, 02:01 PM
sc300power
Rookie

Cool thanks Jon

Quick Reply: Just installed Daizen Camber Kit