Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen front lower control arm fore/aft Bushings for 1997 Supra TT?\

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-03, 06:25 PM
Mike Hughe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daizen front lower control arm fore/aft Bushings for 1997 Supra TT?\

Hi,

I've been searching and reading the threads here for cross-product info for Supras and SC300s.

Us Supra owners have the same problems you guys are having with the control arm bushings going south at about 100k miles or so and completely ruining driving feel/feedback. I haven't found anything "conclusive" to suggest that I can buy SC300 bushings and toss them in my Supra's control arms, but -

So far here are the options available to me ('97 Supra TT):

Whiteline bushings for Supra from Australia - front lower control arm fore/aft bushings. About $110.
Daizen Racing for SC300 - front lower control arm fore/aft bushings. About $100.
Custom metal sleeve/rubber insulator "stock spec" bushings for SC300 from Australia - About $450 (?)

I am wondering if the Daizen bushings for the SC300 (they list '92-96 and '97+ as separate part numbers) will fit the corresponding year Supra TT's. The Daizen units seem like the most attractive choice (I've read they don't squeak or transmit noise/vibration/harshness as much as the Whitelines.

If the Daizen units fit the Supra, that'd be great. Please let me know what you think. I e-mailed them but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Thanks!
Old 09-22-03, 08:19 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if anyone here can tell you for sure if the control arms are the exact same as the Supra's. Try calling Todd at TM Engineering, he'll have an answer for you. If you live in Socal, you can just stop by his shop in Carson.
Old 09-22-03, 08:29 PM
SCV8
Instructor

I've got genuine '94 TT lower front control arms on my '92 SC4,so I'd say they're the same indeed.

I also have a set of UHMW lower bushings for sale,since my arms needed balljoints also,and I overlooked that issue when I made the bushings just 8 months ago(thought that was the problem).
The bushings are precision made,are just as snug fitting as when they were installed 14K ago.
Make an offer if you're interested.
Old 09-23-03, 01:56 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by SCV8
I've got genuine '94 TT lower front control arms on my '92 SC4,so I'd say they're the same indeed.

I also have a set of UHMW lower bushings for sale,since my arms needed balljoints also,and I overlooked that issue when I made the bushings just 8 months ago(thought that was the problem).
The bushings are precision made,are just as snug fitting as when they were installed 14K ago.
Make an offer if you're interested.
Wasn't he asking wether the SC300 busings fit Supra TT? It's true you can interchange the control arms, but bushings are another story.

Also, unless I am not very well informed, there is no Daizen '97+ bushings for sale at the moment. I tried to obtain them and no such luck.

Chris

Last edited by DIrEctQL; 09-23-03 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-23-03, 02:08 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by DIrEctQL

Also, unless I am not very well informed, there is no Daizen '97+ bushings for sale at the moment. I tried to obtain them and no such luck.

Chris

You're not very well informed
Old 09-23-03, 02:23 PM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
You're not very well informed
Who sells them then? TM Engineering does not. He is seposed to email me should they get them. Same story with everyone else as far as I know.

Chris
Old 09-23-03, 02:52 PM
DIrEctQL

Just called TM Engineering and they said one more week. They do look extreamly apearling (drool):

http://www.daizensporttuning.com/pro..._bushings.html