Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

daizen sways coming

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-03, 06:18 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking daizen sways coming

guess what i have coming in next wed

My daizen sways from Todd

Todd at TM engineering came through with the bars and they are enroute via fed ex. i will post my thoughts after i install them on wed and i know from extensively chatting with todd about the design of these bars will post positive thoughts

hopefully these bars will help me to avoid this from happening again

if you want to see larger picture click here

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/da...cn0122-med.jpg [IMG]\
Old 06-13-03, 08:25 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i have the daizen sways for my is3 too, it's a freaking awesome setup, very on rail handling todd even did the install for me. i totally recommend him to you guys
Old 06-13-03, 08:30 AM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Henry when did you get an IS300? What happened to the TL?
Old 06-13-03, 09:35 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

rominL

i dont want to upset steve at carson (steve you are my man)

but he sent me a pm yesterday telling me that one of his good customers had bought a set of trd then sold them got the daizen didnt like them and went back and got trd

chatting with todd alot , he says the daizens are much better for they dont degrade ride nearly as much as the trd does but yet will give you almost same cornering abilities as the trd mainly because of the urethene bushings

any thoughts on this and have you compared to the trds
Old 06-13-03, 03:49 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by lexforlife
rominL

i dont want to upset steve at carson (steve you are my man)

but he sent me a pm yesterday telling me that one of his good customers had bought a set of trd then sold them got the daizen didnt like them and went back and got trd

chatting with todd alot , he says the daizens are much better for they dont degrade ride nearly as much as the trd does but yet will give you almost same cornering abilities as the trd mainly because of the urethene bushings

any thoughts on this and have you compared to the trds
I had the TRD's before and I honestly don't think that anybody would go back once they put the Daizen sways on. The TRD's were way too stiff to perform the same handling characteristics as the Daizen sways. Keep in mind that it's not all about how much stiffer the sway bars are but how the front and rear sways match in conjunction to produce the desired results. There was significant R&D put into the Daizen sways.

The comment from Steve is strange (he is the man though)...I know he sells the TRD sways but is he also selling the Daizen sways? I would be interested to hear the comments from the person that went back to TRD after getting Daizen sways...As far as I know, the Daizens are not even released yet to the mass public and these are the first batches to come out...

Brent

Last edited by BLiu; 06-13-03 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-13-03, 05:32 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

bliu (brent)

thanks for the response, that basically the same issue todd and i went back and forth with .

i also just ordered about 3 days ago the L tuned ecu, tell me since you put it on do you think it was worth it i mean did you truly feel a diff in the way the steering overall behaved
Old 06-13-03, 06:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by DrewGS4
Henry when did you get an IS300? What happened to the TL?
oh you missed my post then got the is300 early march and sold the tls promptly. the freaking tranny issue really got to me and i said that's it no way i am driving such a car. sold the car at 19k and got the is3 5 speed. i have to say, what a sweet car. it gives me something i never really had with the tls.

oh and most of the people who got their tl/tls around my time, they all busted the tranny already. go figure
Old 06-13-03, 06:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

bliu (brent)

thanks for the response, that basically the same issue todd and i went back and forth with .

i also just ordered about 3 days ago the L tuned ecu, tell me since you put it on do you think it was worth it i mean did you truly feel a diff in the way the steering overall behaved
yeah i want to know about the ecu too, that's one of the few handling mods that i haven't really put on my car

i also talked to todd extensively about the sways for the gs4 (is3 is a very different story). i have the trd, and after i put it on, i seriously could feel the added "harsh" ride to the car. i never really take a car with the daizen sways for a run though so i don't know about the performance part, but i will stick with brent's comment

and if you have lifted the trd front sway, you will see it's EXTREMELY heavy, more like weight lifting i think. todd's theory is that trd made an mistake in just using normal rubber bushing. that forced them to dramatically increase the stiffness of the sway itself to achieve the handling balance. but on the other hand, daizen their setup the bar isn't as stiff, but their bushing is made out of much harder material. that will help to achieve the same performance without affecting the ride considerably.

and yeah by no means i am saying steve is wrong. in fact it's hard to judge it. what kind of springs/shocks, braces, etc... together with the sways change the handling characteristic of the car too.

oh and yeah, i believe the daizen sways for the gs is finally released? i know for is3 they were released about 3 weeks ago
Old 06-13-03, 08:03 PM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Busted the tranny on the TL....damm
My 3.2 TL is a 1999 and I have 68k miles on it. The tranny seems fine to me. What kind of problems where they. I do find the engine to be a bit sluggish and not as robust when it was new. This characteristic is shared among most of the Acura's I own.

However, with toyota/lexus the engine is usually constant from new to old. Noticed this with my camry, es300, and now GS400. hmmmm......makes we only want to buy toyota for the long term

So what other mods have you done to the IS300. Are you planning on putting a turbo in it?
Old 06-13-03, 08:20 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
and if you have lifted the trd front sway, you will see it's EXTREMELY heavy, more like weight lifting i think. todd's theory is that trd made an mistake in just using normal rubber bushing. that forced them to dramatically increase the stiffness of the sway itself to achieve the handling balance. but on the other hand, daizen their setup the bar isn't as stiff, but their bushing is made out of much harder material. that will help to achieve the same performance without affecting the ride considerably.
Ahhh I didn't say it was any mistake at all, it's just a matter of fact that they use rubber bushings with the TRD bars...basically a loss of around 15-20% efficiency in torsional rigidity...

Nothing specifically wrong with that, that's just their decision to use that material.
Old 06-13-03, 08:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by DoubleWhoosh
Ahhh I didn't say it was any mistake at all, it's just a matter of fact that they use rubber bushings with the TRD bars...basically a loss of around 15-20% efficiency in torsional rigidity...

Nothing specifically wrong with that, that's just their decision to use that material.
sorry about that, i should be more careful on the choice of words
Old 06-14-03, 08:17 AM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

bliu (brent)
Yes, you do feel the difference. It's noticeable...

Brent
Old 06-14-03, 08:33 AM
wineohs
Rookie

Talking

ME TOO!!! I can't wait..I have been driving Todd nuts for the past month. Mine arrive next Wednesday too.
Old 06-19-03, 08:44 PM
Daizen Sport Tuning
Former Sponsor

Question

Not sure if this is some kind of ploy to steer customers away from our products, but the claims from Mr. Ganz are completely untrue. If he had known a few more facts before trying to do this, he probably would not have attempted this.

Here are the facts: EXACTLY 10 sets of our first run of bars are out. TM Engineering in CA received 7, I have 3 here in NJ. Out of the 7, TM kept 1 set for comparison testing, 1 was put on one of their test cars, and 5 were sold to customers (and were all accounted for as of today 6/19/03). Of the 3 here, I have 1 set for samples and comparison testing, and 2 were installed on some of my business associates' cars for long term cold weather (read: snow) testing. The test car that TM used now has the second run maroon colored bars on it (no more silver...too many problems!) I know for a fact that exactly ZERO bars have been removed from cars due to dissatisfaction of the product.

This NOT a comparison to TRD, nor is it an attempt to sell our product. It is simply an attempt to provide the truth.

It is unfortunate that people must try to deliberately foil others in their quest to succeed. This is definitely unhealthy for the industry as a whole. The choice of the product is ultimately up to the consumer.

These bars were developed with input from many sources, but Todd M. at TM Engineering was definitely instrumental with the final tuning and a lot of the logistics to get these done. Hats off to him for the nurturing of this project through completion.

We definitely have many more products to come for the wonderful Lexus market, and I thank you all for your wonderful support thus far.

Also great thanks to Darrel Diller at Sewell Lexus for their great support and efforts.

Fortune Gfroehrer
President

Last edited by Daizen Sport Tuning; 06-19-03 at 08:52 PM.
Old 06-19-03, 08:57 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

i must say yes yours bars do what was represented in the description of them hands down, however i also in the same breath defend steve at carson.

steve in my honest opinion was never ever trying to steer me or anyone else i ahve been debating with over which brand to buy , all steve did as a good honest car enth would do who really cares about his customers. steve was giving information not advice , again no disrespect to daizen ,i am on top of this world with what i got from todd wed , but steve was trying to give a heads up

greta stuff guys at daizen , and you guys out there in club lexus land , daizens are better then the trd's. buy them quickly you will not be disappointed!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: daizen sways coming