Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Trd Front Lcb And Tom's Rear Lcb Combination?

Old 05-29-03, 06:11 PM
SPORTS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trd Front Lcb And Tom's Rear Lcb Combination?

I have read through the threads pertaining to these items but I would like particular opinions from people that have maybe had these items installed either one at a time or together combined with no other handling mod installed at the same time. I currently have the L-tuned shocks, springs, steering ECU, TRD front and rear sways and am considering these two as my next handling modifications. What difference would I feel with the front and rear LCB's compared to my current set up? Any help is appreciated (my car is a gs400).

Mario
Old 05-30-03, 12:30 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You won't be disappointed.

You are adding in the same order I did. I had what you have now and added what you wanted to add. When I had just the shock/springs setup (not sure what wheels you have), the ride was better but there was still some body roll. I added the TRD sways and roll was 95% gone. I hope you concur so far.

The one thing that seemed to get worse for me was the rear end got more jiggly. I did not trust it when cornering around turns.

If your experience is similar so far, then you will love the new additions. Once I put the braces on, that jiggly rear end problem went away. It was probably more due to the Tom's RLCB than the TRD FLCB. I cannot be sure since I put them both on at the same time. I am actually pretty happy with the ride now.

Next for me is the Tom's 6-link, and the UGO F/R STBs. They are in the garage. I have not had time to put them on yet. We'll see how much tighter I can get the handling.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-30-03, 04:22 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

I suspect that you'd see more improvement by doing the STBs first but anything that improves chassis rigidity is a good thing! You won't be disappointed.

Last edited by mooretorque; 05-30-03 at 04:23 AM.
Old 05-30-03, 02:08 PM
SPORTS
Driver

Neo

Great feedback, thank you very much. You are describing the exact way I am feeling right now and that is why I was considering the LCB's. I did have my shocks and springs done with the swaybars so I had a slightly different route (the diff. to stock set up was night and day). I expect this next addition won't be as dramatic (correct me if I am wrong). As far as my wheels I have stock 17" chromes but I am considering 18's or 19's down the road. A couple of questions for you: Did the LCB's downgrade the ride quality? (did you feel the bumps even more?) My other consideration was the TOM's 6 link kit but I don't know enough about it. Why are you considering this mod in particular? What do you hope it would do for the car after all your other suspension upgrades?

Mooretorque

Thank you for your response as well. Why are you suggesting the STB's before the braces? In which way are they more improvement? I have read that for example the front STB is not really noticeable on the turn in unless you are really giving it hard into a corner. Any more info. would be great!

Thanks guys
Old 05-30-03, 04:23 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by SPORTS

Did the LCB's downgrade the ride quality? (did you feel the bumps even more?)
After the sways, any other change will feel very marginal. From stock to L-Tuned/18s was a slight degradation. Added sways made the biggest change. Truthfully, I barely noticed the ride change when I went to the LCBs. Obviously the changes are only really noticeable on bumpy/bad roads. On nice roads, very marginal to none with some added road noise.

My other consideration was the TOM's 6 link kit but I don't know enough about it. Why are you considering this mod in particular? What do you hope it would do for the car after all your other suspension upgrades?
Some people swear by one or the other. I think both contribute. The people who put one (or the other) on first seems to think that that particular piece is great. Then when the second piece is put on, the change was so minor they did not notice it. I've had my STBs on order for so long that I went ahead and did my sways. I was going to try the STBs frist since people said it contributes less to ride degradation. I have my STBs now (just not installed). The only other suspension piece left was the 6-link. I guess I just got it for completeness. I know that that's not really a concrete reason to get it but ... I actually bought the 6-link before I heard that my STBs came in.

I will eventually put these pieces on when I have time. As long as they don;t make me less confident in my car, I will leave them on. A number of people here have had the complete setup and are happy with it so I would not think it will be a problem for me.
Old 05-31-03, 08:04 AM
SPORTS
Driver

Thanks Neo

I am probably going to go ahead with the LCB's.
Old 05-31-03, 02:39 PM
Neo
The One

I am probably going to go ahead with the LCB's.
Cool. Post a response when you have it on. I am interested in your feedback of the change. It is always interesting to get confirmation or contradiction. Food for discussion you know.