Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Front and rear suspension bushing upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-17, 01:42 PM
edhohoho
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front and rear suspension bushing upgrade?

Just curious but is there any equivalent to the RR Racing USRS bushing upgrade available for the rear suspension? Is there any significant increase in handling performance if other front and rear bushings are changed? I've also read about putting new bushings on the sway bars and some kind of end lock (sorry, I don't know much about this stuff). Thanks.
Old 01-15-17, 05:17 PM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

Go to the figs website. They're based in Colorado. ( I think) and engineer a TON of suspension products for our cars.
Old 01-17-17, 07:21 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

You can look into getting the F-Sport rear chassis brace in order to really tie down the rear suspension of the car.

There's a big difference with how the car responds to sudden steering inputs with the chassis brace installed (particularly with slalom type maneuvers).
Old 01-17-17, 06:22 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Start here and read up : http://shopfigs.com/v3/index.php?rou...path=41_120_43
Old 01-17-17, 10:38 PM
edhohoho
Rookie

Thanks, there really is a lot of stuff on that site. Almost don't know where to begin.
Old 01-20-17, 03:47 AM
bbaugher47

Step one - listen to red spencer. There are a few guys on here that have very beefed up suspensions here. None more than him I imagine. He will guide you to where you want to be. Lol.
Old 01-21-17, 10:45 PM
edhohoho
Rookie

Originally Posted by redspencer
You can look into getting the F-Sport rear chassis brace in order to really tie down the rear suspension of the car.

There's a big difference with how the car responds to sudden steering inputs with the chassis brace installed (particularly with slalom type maneuvers).
I already have the front and rear sway bars. I am getting a front upper strut bar, front and rear suspension member braces, and USRS. Saving for the rear chassis brace after I get my exhaust installed.

Originally Posted by bbaugher47
Step one - listen to red spencer. There are a few guys on here that have very beefed up suspensions here. None more than him I imagine. He will guide you to where you want to be. Lol.
Agreed!
Old 01-22-17, 05:14 AM
bbaugher47

Ive read here that the tower bars dont do much. But I too intend to purchase just to dress up my engine bay. But it seems you're on the right path.
Old 01-22-17, 06:03 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

Ive read here that the tower bars dont do much. But I too intend to purchase just to dress up my engine bay. But it seems you're on the right path.
Since the 2IS utilizes a double wishbone suspension on the front, a tower bar/strut bar adds very little (if any) impact to chassis rigidity. The available under braces for the 2IS do a better job at serving their intended purpose.

Besides the more popular F-Sport Rear Chassis Brace, another particular item that I like recommending is the GT Spec 4-point front tie brace. They're a bit hard to find nowadays but I think some online vendors still have them available if you look around.

http://gtspec.com/product/gtspec-fro...-is250is350isf
Old 01-22-17, 09:18 PM
edhohoho
Rookie

Ha ha yes exactly, mainly for looks. Was thinking of getting the carbon fiber engine cover and using the strut bar as a theft deterrent too.

Originally Posted by redspencer
Since the 2IS utilizes a double wishbone suspension on the front, a tower bar/strut bar adds very little (if any) impact to chassis rigidity. The available under braces for the 2IS do a better job at serving their intended purpose.

Besides the more popular F-Sport Rear Chassis Brace, another particular item that I like recommending is the GT Spec 4-point front tie brace. They're a bit hard to find nowadays but I think some online vendors still have them available if you look around.

http://gtspec.com/product/gtspec-fro...-is250is350isf
Yes I tried looking for those braces, even emailed one reseller and GTSPEC directly but never got a response.
Old 01-24-17, 03:20 AM
bbaugher47

You can also look into jun tw. They offer a large anount of chassis and suspension upgrades
Old 01-24-17, 11:35 PM
edhohoho
Rookie

You can also look into jun tw. They offer a large anount of chassis and suspension upgrades
Thanks, I've seen that brand around but don't know much about it. Do you use any of their chassis stabilizer bars? If so, what do you think of the fit/finish and performance?

I like how their rear chassis brace uses rectangular tubing, seems like it might be more resistant to flex/torsion than the conventional round tubes of the F-Sport chassis brace.
Old 01-25-17, 03:36 AM
bbaugher47

Ive never personally used them but they don't seem as popular here in the states. I imagine the quality of the parts would be good since they specialize in the ISX50 and dont voyage into a bunch of different makes and models. The parts look like they fit well , nice welds etc. I know folks do run the JUN tower bar in the front here. Maybe they will chime in on fit and finish of their products.