Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

F-sport shock obsolete in system already?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-17, 07:57 AM
strikeraj
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default F-sport shock obsolete in system already?

Hi all
I called my local dealer and they told me that the rear f-sport shock is obsolete already.
Is that true?
Can anyone else confirm?
Old 01-11-17, 08:25 AM
Aspect
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 122 Posts

Yup. When I went to the dealership to ask about 2IS F sport parts they said they were all obsolete etc etc etc. Interestingly when I source these parts on eBay they are sent by Lexus dealers.... old stock?...who knows. Best bet is to source them elsewhere.
Old 01-11-17, 10:29 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

There was a stop sale on the F-Sport Bilstein shocks for the longest time but I never did get a 100 percent confirmation if they ever did return back to the inventory:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...available.html

Based on this thread, it sounds like none of the F-Sport accessory parts are available to order at the dealership...
Old 01-11-17, 12:27 PM
strikeraj
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is the f-sport shock rebuildable?

If not, what are ppl going to do when their shock meets the end of life?
Old 01-11-17, 06:54 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

Hence why I generally avoid accessory parts that are wear items. Still, there are aftermarket options out there. Or back to stock worst case.

Jeff
Old 01-12-17, 06:26 AM
edhohoho
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redspencer
There was a stop sale on the F-Sport Bilstein shocks for the longest time but I never did get a 100 percent confirmation if they ever did return back to the inventory:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...available.html

Based on this thread, it sounds like none of the F-Sport accessory parts are available to order at the dealership...
I bought a set of F sport struts last year from a dealer via eBay. Supposedly they were brand new, old stock but two of the four started making noises every time I went over a speed bump or driveway lip. Luckily for me they were purchased from an authorized dealer and my service center was nice enough to honor the warranty even though I didn't have it installed at a dealer. Anyway, the rear passenger strut was replaced last June and the part came within 2 days. The front driver strut was replaced in December but it took almost 2 weeks because it was on backorder.

Originally Posted by Aspect
Yup. When I went to the dealership to ask about 2IS F sport parts they said they were all obsolete etc etc etc. Interestingly when I source these parts on eBay they are sent by Lexus dealers.... old stock?...who knows. Best bet is to source them elsewhere.
After my experience above, I recently asked my dealer how much the F sport exhaust would be, thinking if it weren't that much more than eBay prices I could just have it purchased and installed at the dealer so I wouldn't have to lug the parts back and forth and would be covered under warranty. They were able to find the exhaust in stock elsewhere but it was almost double the price that I can get it for elsewhere. So, I think there is still some stock available but it's up to the parts guy to search for inventory on the computer for you.