Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

RS*R Spring Install Noises and problems?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-16, 08:19 PM
erikinorl
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RS*R Spring Install Noises and problems?

Just finished installing RS*R half-downs on the front of my IS 350 F Sport and hear some noises when going over bumps. I have not installed the backs yet as I ran into a few issues doing it myself. I followed the DIY guide posted online by ClUM and JeffTsai and was very helpful. Despite this I did not line up the top hat when reassembling and had to take apart to realign. Additionally, I may have overtightened the top nut on the strut when reassembling the drivers side. I could not remove and bolt just spun with the shock rod. I believe it was threaded down far enough and aligned properly. So the problem will surface when I go to put original suspension back on.

So hear are my questions.

1. What might be making the noises? I used a torque wrench and followed specs in DIY. I tightened everything with the control arm jacked up. I read a thread about the brake line actually making noises but thought that might only apply to rears brakes since the fix required applying the parking brake over night.

2. Any idea how to take-off top shock bolt? Is it okay the shock rod turns?

3. I can't get one of the two AVS motors to twist into place. I did bent the bracket it locks onto but was able to straighten.

4. Does anyone know if the AVS bracket can be ordered separately? If so, maybe I will just order a new one but honestly don't think thats why it's not locking into place.

Thank you in advance for any help!!!!

Last edited by erikinorl; 12-27-16 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-22-17, 02:43 PM
erikinorl
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Came to the conclusion that shock top bolt was over torqued and some how damaged the shock. Will be ordering new shock or looking for someone who has a FR they'd like to sell. Doesn't look like there are any aftermarket front shock sets available. Thought maybe Bilstein had something since they manufacture the F Sport shock. Anyone with thoughts please post or PM me. Thanks