Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein CS and JDM 18's installed (pics) what spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-03, 12:03 PM
Guru
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Tein CS and JDM 18's installed (pics) what spacers?

Here's some pics of my GS400 with the Tein CS, EDFC and JDM 18's with Toyo T1S tires installed. I'm going to install spacers in the rear to give it a more aggressive look but not sure what size. I think I can use a 25mm spacer according to my measurements. Anyone else try? The wheels are 18X9 +45mm offset with a 245/40R18 tire on them ft and rr. Thanks all.

Old 05-21-03, 12:49 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Tein CS and JDM 18's installed (pics) what spacers?

Originally posted by Guru
I think I can use a 25mm spacer according to my measurements. Anyone else try?
I've got the H&R 25mm spacers on my OEM 17 rears. Makes a world of difference.
Old 05-21-03, 12:52 PM
Guru
Lead Lap

Dex do you have some leftover room in there or is it pretty tight with the spacer? Also what size tires do you have and how much have you lowered the car? Thanks!
Old 05-21-03, 12:54 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How do you like the ride? What are you set at in terms of dampening and height? Can it go lower? Just curious since I am considering the CS as well.
Old 05-21-03, 01:01 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Guru
Dex do you have some leftover room in there or is it pretty tight with the spacer? Also what size tires do you have and how much have you lowered the car? Thanks!
- Tire size is 235.45.17
- Rear is lowered about 1.25-.50 by LTuned springs & shocks
- Not sure what you are asking by leftover room in there. The wheels don't stick out of thwe well or anything, just a tad more aggressive looking.

HTH
Old 05-21-03, 01:43 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 209 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Re: Re: Tein CS and JDM 18's installed (pics) what spacers?

Originally posted by Dex
I've got the H&R 25mm spacers on my OEM 17 rears. Makes a world of difference.
Hey Dex, where did you get your spacers from? I have browsed the HRsprings.com website, but there is no online ordering capability on there.

Does the kit you bought include replacement bolts? Did you put the 15mm spacers on the front as well?
Old 05-21-03, 02:01 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Tein CS and JDM 18's installed (pics) what spacers?

Originally posted by Hameed
Hey Dex, where did you get your spacers from? I have browsed the HRsprings.com website, but there is no online ordering capability on there.

Does the kit you bought include replacement bolts? Did you put the 15mm spacers on the front as well?
Options Auto Salon

Yep - it comes with bolts. No spacers on the front; too much hassle and odd handling charateristics from what I've heard / read.

The spacers serve as a temporary solution until new wheels are tires come along.
Old 05-21-03, 02:03 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 209 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Tein CS and JDM 18's installed (pics) what spacers?

Originally posted by Dex
Options Auto Salon

Yep - it comes with bolts. No spacers on the front; too much hassle and odd handling charateristics from what I've heard / read.

The spacers serve as a temporary solution until new wheels are tires come along.
Thanks Dex. Regarding the problems with the fronts - are there no issues with the back ones? Is it really worth it? Assuming I do a wheel/tire upgrade in about a year? Somehow I doubt that..........
Old 05-21-03, 02:15 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tein CS and JDM 18's installed (pics) what spacers?

Originally posted by Hameed
Thanks Dex. Regarding the problems with the fronts - are there no issues with the back ones? Is it really worth it? Assuming I do a wheel/tire upgrade in about a year? Somehow I doubt that..........
It is sooooo worth it. No problems at all on the backs. Better traction - Better looks.
Old 05-21-03, 02:27 PM
Guru
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Neo
How do you like the ride? What are you set at in terms of dampening and height? Can it go lower? Just curious since I am considering the CS as well.
It can go 3/4 inch lower than what you see if I wanted to but found that to be too low for street so I raised it back up. Ride is superb. Just like stock but with HUGE improvement in handling and feel even before the tire upgrade. If you have more questions feel free to give me a ring.
Old 06-01-03, 09:43 AM
Tranman

Hey Guru, I know that may seem like an amateur mechanic question, but how many fingers can you put in between the top of the fender and tire?
Old 06-02-03, 02:26 AM
elclassico
Lead Lap

Arrow nice rims i think

in my opinion i would lower it just a bit more. what are the tires rated? how much? personally , with those rims you dont need spacers. ask around off this forum/ take care. looks good!
Old 06-02-03, 08:56 AM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice pics Guru. I have the same wheels on my GS. They were sitting in the boxes in my apartment since Nov but I was just waiting for the long winter to end and NY to fix some of the potholes before putting them on. I just installed them 2 weeks ago but because of all the rain we've had in NY and my crazy work schedule I can get any nice pics during daylight to post up. I took some pics in the evening but I didn't like the way the pics came out because of the lack of daylight. If we actually get a nice weekend day here in NY, I'll take some pics and post them up.
Old 06-02-03, 11:25 AM
elclassico
Lead Lap

Default post pics sooN!

cant wait, i love these rims, but i need to see them on a lowered car. thanx! looks good1
Old 06-02-03, 11:31 AM
Guru
Lead Lap

My car is over an inch lower already. I'm going to leave it as it is right now. It's low enough I think. I love these wheels and tires. HUGE difference in handling. I still want rear spacers though. I think 25mm will still clear.

Quick Reply: Tein CS and JDM 18's installed (pics) what spacers?