Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Will Tein comfort coilovers for IS F fit IS350?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-16, 07:36 PM
eric08
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Will Tein comfort coilovers for IS F fit IS350?

Does anyone know if 2008 is f coilovers will work on the 2008 is350. Id presume they would physically fit but would they give me an alright ride quality or any better or worse than another coilover setup. A guy in my area recently posted a set of tein sport comfort coilovers for 900$. Its the best price Ive seen yet with the canadian dollar being where its at. So im hoping these would fit my 2008 is350. Sorry if the question has outraged you if it's ignorant. I just simply cant find the answer anywhere. Thanks in advance
Old 07-25-16, 08:23 PM
Aspect
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 122 Posts

I can't see why not. Using google to search isf coilovers comes up with results that fit both ISF and 350. The only compatibility issues among the IS is just for the AWDs I believe.
Old 07-25-16, 08:28 PM
eric08
Rookie

Originally Posted by Aspect
I can't see why not. Using google to search isf coilovers comes up with results that fit both ISF and 350. The only compatibility issues among the IS is just for the AWDs I believe.
Thanks for the reply! I've looked around too and am thinking i might just pull the trigger.
Old 07-25-16, 08:43 PM
Aspect
Racer

Originally Posted by eric08
Thanks for the reply! I've looked around too and am thinking i might just pull the trigger.
Are the coilovers used? Also IS-F coilovers are designed for the IS-F and will have a different spring rate than a coilover designed for the ISx50. Looking around it looks like the spring rates are much higher on the IS-F coils
Old 07-26-16, 04:07 PM
eric08
Rookie

Are the coilovers used? Also IS-F coilovers are designed for the IS-F and will have a different spring rate than a coilover designed for the ISx50. Looking around it looks like the spring rates are much higher on the IS-F coils
Yeah theyre used. The guys willing to take 800. I read similar things. I just don't want go believe them haha. In your opinion do you think it'd be too harsh?
Old 07-26-16, 08:37 PM
Aspect
Racer

Originally Posted by eric08
Yeah theyre used. The guys willing to take 800. I read similar things. I just don't want go believe them haha. In your opinion do you think it'd be too harsh?
I'm still early in my modding story and coincidentally atm I'm in the process of installing my BCR Coilovers with the stock 10k/8k springs. So I can't say much to the ride quality. In terms of performance, if you've ever played a game like Gran Turismo you would know that stiffer rates up front will induce more understeer than oversteer. Thus, with the ISF coilovers having something like 14k front and 10k back or something of the sort - putting that on the IS might result in more understeer characteristic than you'd like versus a ISx50 setup that's something like 12k/10k. Again, just guessing based on the theory.
Old 07-26-16, 08:44 PM
eric08
Rookie

I'm still early in my modding story and coincidentally atm I'm in the process of installing my BCR Coilovers with the stock 10k/8k springs. So I can't say much to the ride quality. In terms of performance, if you've ever played a game like Gran Turismo you would know that stiffer rates up front will induce more understeer than oversteer. Thus, with the ISF coilovers having something like 14k front and 10k back or something of the sort - putting that on the IS might result in more understeer characteristic than you'd like versus a ISx50 setup that's something like 12k/10k. Again, just guessing based on the theory.
Tell me how those work for you once youve got them on. Ive heard lots of good things about them. Good luck with your modding and thanks for the help