Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Lowering Springs for IS350, Please Advise

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-16, 08:57 PM
1bimmer
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering Springs for IS350, Please Advise

I have 06 IS350 i want to get some lowering springs( NO coilovers) I want like a finger gap or finger and half. My friend has H&R with Fsport shocks and sit really low. H&R claim 1.4 front and 1.3 rear but really more like 2.0 front and 1.8 rear. I like the drop but to low for daily. Tein Springs sit un-even, the back is lower then the front. Eibach sit to high like stock. Anyone has any recommendation for me? Thanks
Old 03-26-16, 12:47 AM
is250fsprt
Pole Position

Sound like F sport springs is your best option. Here's my 06 is350 on F springs and stock shocks.

F sport springs drop
Old 03-26-16, 06:50 AM
1bimmer
Rookie

Originally Posted by is250fsprt
Sound like F sport springs is your best option. Here's my 06 is350 on F springs and stock shocks.

F sport springs drop
Looks good but i would like a tad lower, Thank you
Old 03-26-16, 07:06 AM
1bimmer
Rookie

Originally Posted by is250fsprt

F sport springs drop
How much gap do you have?
Old 03-26-16, 10:26 AM
MIca250
Rookie

I will have some H&R springs for sale in the new week or two if you're interested. The gap is about 1 and a half fingers. You can tightly fit two fingers. Of course if you have the f sport shocks the it'll be lower but if your on normal one then it'll be a great drop.
Old 03-26-16, 10:54 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the springs aren't giving you the desired drop you could opt to get coils since you shouldn't be mating after market springs with Stock shocks. With coils youll be able to get the exact drop you are looking for.

Ive heard swift springs gives a nice drop too so you could also check that out. But if youre very precise, then coils would honestly be the best way to go.
Old 03-26-16, 12:49 PM
1bimmer
Rookie

Originally Posted by Icy350
If the springs aren't giving you the desired drop you could opt to get coils since you shouldn't be mating after market springs with Stock shocks. With coils youll be able to get the exact drop you are looking for.

Ive heard swift springs gives a nice drop too so you could also check that out. But if youre very precise, then coils would honestly be the best way to go.
I dont like coilovers, i rather have one setting and call it good. Thanks
Old 03-26-16, 01:37 PM
Parsa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

eibach pro kit, stock shocks
(i was jk - I don't want it any lower &#128514
Old 03-26-16, 01:39 PM
1bimmer
Rookie

Originally Posted by Parsa

eibach pro kit, stock shocks
(i was jk - I don't want it any lower &#128514
How much gap do you have? Looks like a nice drop
Old 03-26-16, 09:54 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I know coils cost a bit much but they are the BEST option. You have complete control over your cars drop and stance and on top of that it already has the shocks and all that. If you get only springs you will be killing your shocks (from what ive heard anyway) and the cost difference between some decent coils vs springs and shocks is quite small. Honestly you should just save up a bit and go with some BC coils or Megan EZ's if you wanna spend less. On top of that you can also change the stiffness of the cars ride and yes that makes quite a big difference IMO.

Thats my car on BC's how I have it sitting currently. It is VERY low and thats just the way I like it That drop would be impossible on springs.. Just trust me on this one. Coilovers are the best option period.

My drop for further reference. Barely even an inch of clearance between my exhaust and the ground.
Old 03-27-16, 09:01 AM
Knarf916
Rookie

Originally Posted by Tro209

I know coils cost a bit much but they are the BEST option. You have complete control over your cars drop and stance and on top of that it already has the shocks and all that. If you get only springs you will be killing your shocks (from what ive heard anyway) and the cost difference between some decent coils vs springs and shocks is quite small. Honestly you should just save up a bit and go with some BC coils or Megan EZ's if you wanna spend less. On top of that you can also change the stiffness of the cars ride and yes that makes quite a big difference IMO.

Thats my car on BC's how I have it sitting currently. It is VERY low and thats just the way I like it That drop would be impossible on springs.. Just trust me on this one. Coilovers are the best option period.

My drop for further reference. Barely even an inch of clearance between my exhaust and the ground.
Clean! You rub anywhere?
Old 03-27-16, 10:11 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Knarf916
Clean! You rub anywhere?
Nope, no rubbing. The front of my car is a little higher though but still very low. I plan to adjust the front and back more after I get me some wheels.
Old 03-27-16, 02:55 PM
1bimmer
Rookie

Car look great, i would like my car that low also but around Houston roads its almost impossible not to damage my car. I bought F sport shocks already so i like to pair it with the right springs. I may just go with H&R and be done. Its lower then what i want but seem like i dont have much options on springs choices. Thanks for the advice
Old 03-27-16, 10:53 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1bimmer
Car look great, i would like my car that low also but around Houston roads its almost impossible not to damage my car. I bought F sport shocks already so i like to pair it with the right springs. I may just go with H&R and be done. Its lower then what i want but seem like i dont have much options on springs choices. Thanks for the advice
Yeah no problem And since you already have shocks then yeah I guess the H&R springs are probably your best bet. Ive heard good things about them and if I didnt go the coilover route like I did, I would have definitely got the H&R springs over the other brands to choose from. Heck that was actually my original idea until I met a local ClubLexus member with a Tungsten Pearl IS350 just like mine. Only difference being her drop on BC's of course And thats how my mind was changed lol
Old 03-27-16, 11:10 PM
Knarf916
Rookie

Nope, no rubbing. The front of my car is a little higher though but still very low. I plan to adjust the front and back more after I get me some wheels.
That's good to hear. You're pretty low and it looks great. I have tungsten also and I'm planning on Megans but if I go spring route, I'd definitely go h&r.

Quick Reply: Lowering Springs for IS350, Please Advise