Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Lexus TRD lowering f sport springs

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-20, 12:58 PM
sunamer
Advanced

Received 177 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Lexus TRD lowering f sport springs

I was wondering if anyone installed them on their ISs. Would like a feedback.
https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/...=Base&Filter=()
The following users liked this post:
Gladius (02-03-20)
Old 02-03-20, 01:07 PM
Gladius
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Following.
Old 02-03-20, 02:29 PM
ninerbud
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also curious about this, came here trying to decide between springs and coilovers.

so far I think the decision is either:
f-sport springs
or
tein coilovers, I am leaning more towards coilovers since my car already has about 65k
Old 02-03-20, 03:57 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,544 Likes on 1,734 Posts

Well, I have to admit that I have been going through this whole process myself for my RC. There is no doubt that coilovers will offer a lot more flexibility in your drive height (or the drop you want to achieve) and because the shock is part of the coil, there is less chance of damaging your shock compared to using lowering springs.

In the end, it depends what you want to achieve and what is your budget - Coilovers are more expensive (by over a lot) the cost of the springs. If you do a subtle drop (about 1 inch), the spring should be able to do the trick without damaging your shock but more than that, I would go coilovers. Also, the advantage of the springs and keeping teh original shocks, they will maintain the adaptive function. Now one can argue that a good coilover will still outperform stock shocks with their adaptive settings.

If you are going springs only, I know many people will tell you to go with aftermarket parts, and I am sure they will offer a more spirited drive and a stiffer/more engaging drive, they could give you a challenge when you try and make a warranty claim compared to the OEM parts - I think it is BS that they won't but you know they will try.

There are many great brands of aftermarket springs and coils and there are great people here that can help you (shout out to Josh at Meraki Autoworks) so these are teh experts that can help if you want to go RS-S, Swift, Tanabe etc...

So that is all I can provide you for input and trying to give back for all those that helped me understand the coilover/spring world
The following users liked this post:
whoismiked (02-03-20)
Old 02-04-20, 11:56 PM
sunamer
Advanced

Originally Posted by wthrman2
Well, I have to admit that I have been going through this whole process myself for my RC. There is no doubt that coilovers will offer a lot more flexibility in your drive height (or the drop you want to achieve) and because the shock is part of the coil, there is less chance of damaging your shock compared to using lowering springs.
TRD Springs cost only 250 a set, while coilovers can probably be had for at least for x4 times the price.
Old 02-05-20, 12:31 AM
sunamer
Advanced

Huh, just came across this thread here
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...er-photos.html
Old 02-05-20, 03:21 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Will these fit base version of IS200t RWD?
Old 02-05-20, 03:28 AM
sunamer
Advanced

Originally Posted by zhifan1
Will these fit base version of IS200t RWD?
I am not sure. Lexuspartsnow.com does not show any options for is200t. Does not mean that it wont fit, but unlike is350 f sport, is200t f sport does not have AVS, so at least dampers are different, even though in theory their dimensions might be identical. Base version should be the same in terms of the suspension, since even is200t does not have avs.
Old 02-11-20, 12:57 AM
TOPENDMS
Former Sponsor

Received 117 Likes on 108 Posts

You'll get a slightly different drop with 200t .. technically unintended. Also these are not TRD, just F Sport.
Old 02-11-20, 02:38 AM
sunamer
Advanced

I have also found out that these TRD lowering springs WILL NOT FIT to any AVS or AWD IS350 models.
Old 02-11-20, 05:28 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Originally Posted by sunamer
I have also found out that these TRD lowering springs WILL NOT FIT to any AVS or AWD IS350 models.
The F Sport springs were only made for the RWD 3IS, so yes they will not fit the AWD.
With regards to the AVS, that is a function of the struts/shocks via a motor/actuator mounted to the top of them...the springs will have no impact on this.
In the rear the spring is separate from the shock, so you're not even touching the AVS system in the rear when installing the springs.
Old 02-11-20, 08:54 AM
sunamer
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
With regards to the AVS, that is a function of the struts/shocks via a motor/actuator mounted to the top of them...the springs will have no impact on this.
In the rear the spring is separate from the shock, so you're not even touching the AVS system in the rear when installing the springs.
Which is why I would really like to know, why AVS option is stated as "conflicting" in the doc provided with those springs.
Old 02-11-20, 08:57 AM
sunamer
Advanced

Originally Posted by TOPENDMS
You'll get a slightly different drop with 200t .. technically unintended. Also these are not TRD, just F Sport.
I thought is350 fsport and is200t f sport suspensions are identical (minus the AVS).
Old 02-11-20, 09:28 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Which is why I would really like to know, why AVS option is stated as "conflicting" in the doc provided with those springs.
@sunamer Do you have a link to the doc? I've never read it myself, but maybe it may offer some more info as to why.
Also, do they state "These will not fit" or "Not recommended for" when they mention the AVS?
I've also seen where they say it's "not applicable" for vehicles with fog lamps...really, what does the fog lamps have to do with the springs. I understand what they are trying to say by that, but they should really explain...something like "Not applicable for vehicles with fog lamps as it may reduce the performance of the lamps"...or just include adjustment instructions with the install for raising the fog lamps slightly.
Old 02-11-20, 09:35 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TOPENDMS
I thought is350 fsport and is200t f sport suspensions are identical (minus the AVS).
I would take the comment about the drop with a grain of salt...no parameters were given as to what "slightly different drop" means.
A drop could mean the vehicle is higher, not necessarily lower.
If you think about it in real life terms, if you have a spring of a certain size and load rating, and then install it into an IS350 RWD front and IS200t RWD front, how could both vehicles sit at the same height.
Why i say that? Look at the size and weight of the 3.5L V6 vs the 4 cyl. turbo...there's no way they weigh the same, so the weight of the front of the vehicle will be different between the two models.
If the front of the IS200t is lighter, then there is less weight sitting on the F Sport spring, therefore the front should be higher, not lower.

Also, there are a few differences with the 2017 IS200t front suspension vs the IS350...not necessarily anything that would effect this topic though.
The difference is the front lower control arms and front struts.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sasnuke:
sunamer (02-11-20), wthrman2 (02-11-20)

Quick Reply: Lexus TRD lowering f sport springs