Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.
View Poll Results: Which Rotor?
OEM
75.00%
Centric
25.00%
Brake Motive
0%
Other
0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Brake Rotor Questions?

Old 01-02-16, 01:45 PM
PATDOW1
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brake Rotor Questions?

Guys I'm on a very short timeline to complete the build/reconditioning of my daughters 99 GS300 before she is off to college.

We are currently tackling the braking system and we have been purchasing replacement parts to complete the job.(OEM-Pads,OEM-Brake Shims,Complete Brake Fluid Flush)

We are on the fence about which rotors to purchase. As we want to retain serviceability and availability of parts.

Want to conduct a quick poll on what you would purchase on someone else''s dime.

Last edited by PATDOW1; 01-02-16 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-02-16, 10:15 PM
RamAirRckt
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I think I have Centric on mine, whatever I got on Amazon. No complaints except if you don't get the coated they will rust on the un machined surfaces. Just cosmetic, but either way, they work.

I might have got ACDelco rotors.

Beck/Arnley are usually reboxed OEM parts. So don't overlook them.
Old 01-03-16, 01:46 AM
13loody
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depending on how short on time you are, you can always but the parts from your local Autozone or any brick and mortar auto store. I recently had to purchase my rotors and pads from Autozone since I needed to fix it that very day. It costs a little more than buying off Amazon or other online stores, but I was in a time crunch like yourself.

If you have a few days, just order off of Amazon and hopefully the parts are available via prime for the 2-day shipping. If you don't have prime, you can try their 30 day trial for free if you haven't done so before.

As for my experience with Autozone's rotors, it's not a perfect fit as the dust shield needed to be grounded down a little, otherwise it scores the inside of the rotor. If I had the time, I would have bought Brembo blanks (I think someone said they were the OEM rotors).
Old 01-03-16, 07:57 AM
PATDOW1
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We've decided to pull the trigger on some OEM rotors from Toyota/Lexus. We've already purchased the fronts from a dealership in AZ on eBay just looking around for a good deal on the rears now. Decided to stay away from Brembos now that that they are manufactured in China. Didn't want to deal with inconsistent QC

FYI: Prior to vehicle purchase the in-laws had a local mechanic install a cheap set of rotors/pads (Duralast) which im paying for now but they will hold us over till factory replacements are ordered.
13loody you make a good point about the dust shields and aftermarket rotors as I hear a slight grind on the rears which is more than likely the culprit

Last edited by PATDOW1; 01-03-16 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-04-16, 09:31 AM
luda42688
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have centric premiums on all 4 corners.

Got them from JC whitney... they usually have 15-20% off coupons so look out if you choose this route.
Old 01-04-16, 06:34 PM
lexo98
Racer

Received 263 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by PATDOW1
We've decided to pull the trigger on some OEM rotors from Toyota/Lexus. We've already purchased the fronts from a dealership in AZ on eBay just looking around for a good deal on the rears now. Decided to stay away from Brembos now that that they are manufactured in China. Didn't want to deal with inconsistent QC

FYI: Prior to vehicle purchase the in-laws had a local mechanic install a cheap set of rotors/pads (Duralast) which im paying for now but they will hold us over till factory replacements are ordered.
13loody you make a good point about the dust shields and aftermarket rotors as I hear a slight grind on the rears which is more than likely the culprit

When I buy OEM parts I do my research online. Then I take my price sheet with part #'s to the dealer. Let them know exactly what you need and what you are looking at spending. If you are nice about it you would be surprised at the pricing they will give you.