Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Vibrations After Installing TRD Front Lower Chassis Brace

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-15, 10:46 PM
chungmeow
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibrations After Installing TRD Front Lower Chassis Brace

My front lower chassis brace literally cracked away from all the rust accumulated. I replaced it with a trd front lcb, started my car and instantly noticed the vibrations from my engine. From a stop to changing gears, you can hear everything. At first I thought it was my exhaust piping but I open the window and nothing out of the ordinary. Then I started thinking maybe his guy from Japan swindled me and sold me a bunk *** part.

Am I forgetting something? Did I get scammed? Lol

Last edited by chungmeow; 10-18-15 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-18-15, 11:49 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Sounds like you might need motor mounts.
Old 10-18-15, 12:36 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

You gotta get this car up in the air and look at all of your front end again. I just read through your other posts... your front end needs some tlc. Yes you've replaced some items... but you need to make sure you didn't miss something. Something is out of spec and it's probably not the TRD brace at all.
Old 10-18-15, 02:02 PM
chungmeow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MikeFoxx
You gotta get this car up in the air and look at all of your front end again. I just read through your other posts... your front end needs some tlc. Yes you've replaced some items... but you need to make sure you didn't miss something. Something is out of spec and it's probably not the TRD brace at all.
ill take another look this upcoming weekend when i replace the bushings. With the broken rusted front lcb, the car sounded great! Weird it all started AFTER adding the new chassis...
Old 10-18-15, 03:07 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

^^^^ the broken one prob wasn't making the sound cause things weren't where they were supposed to be... the TRD brought certain things back in place... which could cause another worn item to have the additional play that wasn't there when it was under extra load from the broken brace.
Old 10-18-15, 07:57 PM
Tank
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

Check ball joints, Motor mounts, #2 control arms, shocks, etc.
Old 10-19-15, 02:14 PM
chungmeow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MikeFoxx
^^^^ the broken one prob wasn't making the sound cause things weren't where they were supposed to be... the TRD brought certain things back in place... which could cause another worn item to have the additional play that wasn't there when it was under extra load from the broken brace.
This definitely could be the case however, the chassis broke a little less than a month ago and there were no issues with engine sounds within the cabin since Nov 2014 up until the day i replaced the front lcb.

in more detail, my seat vibrates and the sound is very prominent. you can hear and feel the gears changing.

When I get access to my tools, I'll have to lift it up and take a look.

Last edited by chungmeow; 10-19-15 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-21-15, 07:59 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Definitely sounds like motor mounts.
Old 10-24-15, 09:24 PM
chungmeow
Driver School Candidate

After installing my bushings, i realized why there was so much noise in the cabin and it wasn't because of my motor mounts (although they probably need changing). The TRD lower chassis brace was all up against the access panel of the torque converter... no wonder i can hear everything. The following link is pretty sums it up:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...s-warning.html

Well I guess its time to weld then. Oh, and replacing those old bushings made driving my car even more fun. yay bushings! not on women though.

newly installed daizen bushing. an impact wrench changes everything.

autozone tools. rented Ball Joint Press # 27023 and Ball Joint Adapter Set # 27166 and used only what's shown in the pic.

The lower chassis brace
Old 10-25-15, 07:44 PM
baconcake
Rookie

Originally Posted by chungmeow
After installing my bushings, i realized why there was so much noise in the cabin and it wasn't because of my motor mounts (although they probably need changing). The TRD lower chassis brace was all up against the access panel of the torque converter... no wonder i can hear everything. The following link is pretty sums it up:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...s-warning.html

Well I guess its time to weld then. Oh, and replacing those old bushings made driving my car even more fun. yay bushings! not on women though.

newly installed daizen bushing. an impact wrench changes everything.

autozone tools. rented Ball Joint Press # 27023 and Ball Joint Adapter Set # 27166 and used only what's shown in the pic.

The lower chassis brace
I'm curious as to why you bought daizen bushings as I've read on this forum that they do not conform to the way the caster arm moves. The one sticky forum says that after two years of driving that the daizen bushing starts to deflect and come out of the arm a little. Also, how are you liking the trd chassis brace? Did you notice anything significant in handling?
Old 10-26-15, 06:48 AM
chungmeow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by baconcake
I'm curious as to why you bought daizen bushings as I've read on this forum that they do not conform to the way the caster arm moves. The one sticky forum says that after two years of driving that the daizen bushing starts to deflect and come out of the arm a little. Also, how are you liking the trd chassis brace? Did you notice anything significant in handling?
I've read the same thing too but i can't guarantee whether that particular commenter had installed it correctly, drove differently, etc. all I know is they make my car feel GREAT!

In regards to the TRD Lower Chassis Brace - I feel safer... The driving experience def feels better than before but not in the sense how a TRD Sway Bar replacement would change the driving experience. The stock LCB was thin and hollow and literally rusted apart.

Last edited by chungmeow; 10-26-15 at 07:20 AM.