Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

lowering

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-15, 11:30 PM
astroniner
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering

I am considering in lowering my is350 fsport i want to have something that will not be too bouncy and will last but im not sure what would be best. Get only springs and keep struts, get both springs and struts or simply get coilover kit? Also what would be the best brand
Old 08-29-15, 11:16 AM
Keo
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On a budget? Megan EZ. Not on a budget? BC coils, HKS, Tiens. Racecar? KW.

Dont make the mistake of getting springs if your planning on 1 finger to no gap. If u do get springs u gotta be certain. I made the mistake before. Everyone would rather recommend coils. Because of the dampering adjustment. You can have it as smooth as oem with not so much bounces. But rememebr the lower you go the more stiffeness you want. The spring rates also determines.
Old 08-30-15, 02:17 PM
20LS01
Driver

Oem shocks are not valved and built to support aftermarket stiffer springs for longevity. Im a fan of Koni shocks with Eibach/GC springs. If they have this combo for the IS250, i would rock this. I have this combo on my integra for 8 years and 120k miles and still rides like new.
Old 08-30-15, 09:49 PM
pandes
Driver

Originally Posted by astroniner
I am considering in lowering my is350 fsport i want to have something that will not be too bouncy and will last but im not sure what would be best. Get only springs and keep struts, get both springs and struts or simply get coilover kit? Also what would be the best brand
I had H&R springs. (I regret it) now I have Bc coilovers. Their 300 dollars more than the Megan's but well worth the money. I'm slammed on AWD and the driving is waaaay better than the springs I had. It's even better than stock!
Old 08-31-15, 09:58 AM
Miller
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking into the same thing. Given a decision to go with coilovers, what are the secondary suspension accessories that are also needed to maintain a good geometry on AWD?
Old 08-31-15, 08:07 PM
pandes
Driver

Originally Posted by Miller
I'm looking into the same thing. Given a decision to go with coilovers, what are the secondary suspension accessories that are also needed to maintain a good geometry on AWD?
Idk, what you mean by that. But your lowering a AWD and there's nothing that will help you keeping the stress out of your suspension.
Old 09-02-15, 08:35 AM
Miller
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just meant that normally there are secondary suspension parts to help adjust camber etc. I'm new to awd so I'm not 100%whats even able to be done with our cars on that front. thanks.
Old 09-02-15, 08:54 AM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Once I got my Megan EZ street coilovers set up properly, I have been very happy with them. They're great for the price!
Old 09-12-15, 03:30 PM
astroniner
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Keo
On a budget? Megan EZ. Not on a budget? BC coils, HKS, Tiens. Racecar? KW.

Dont make the mistake of getting springs if your planning on 1 finger to no gap. If u do get springs u gotta be certain. I made the mistake before. Everyone would rather recommend coils. Because of the dampering adjustment. You can have it as smooth as oem with not so much bounces. But rememebr the lower you go the more stiffeness you want. The spring rates also determines.
Yea im not really on budget so i was looking into something that will not crap out on me in a quickness. I alson want something that will give me a good drive with out the bounce. So this is what i was looking into the other day.
https://www.vividracing.com/catalog/-p-150781457.html?utm_cmp=FullFeed&gclid=Cj0KEQjwms-vBRDlsM7utpaJ47ABEiQAIpKjTDiAUNcNt3wPna6NT3DMk6yXZhrI1PHdbOvuEV4-dYkaApWl8P8HAQ
Old 09-14-15, 08:36 AM
MIca250
Rookie

Originally Posted by Primid
I had H&R springs. (I regret it) now I have Bc coilovers. Their 300 dollars more than the Megan's but well worth the money. I'm slammed on AWD and the driving is waaaay better than the springs I had. It's even better than stock!

How many inches are you fender to ground? Can you upload some pictures please, I've never seen a slammed AWD since they say 24.5 fender to ground is the safe zone.