Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

SwiftSprings for 15 IS350 f-sport

Old 08-02-15, 01:06 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ExSrAaron
Thanks!
No problem! Happy lowering!
Old 08-02-15, 07:31 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Default She loves it even more now...

We put 350 miles on it today, a lot of freeway, but a few canyon curves. This thing drives so good, if it had an F drivetrain, I would drive it more.

After I lowered my F (I typically lower or lift almost every vehicle we have ever owned), it was my wife's idea to lower her car. If I had not researched and picked a quality spring, it could have had negative consequences on many things at home! Anyway, after spending most of the day in the car, she loves it even more. She said she would keep it forever.... which is exactly what I wanted to hear!
Attached Thumbnails SwiftSprings for 15 IS350 f-sport-image.jpg  
Old 08-02-15, 08:23 PM
gregerst
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That drop is exactly what I'm looking for. Does anybody know if these springs work on AWD? Swift's website doesn't say specifically.
Old 08-02-15, 08:39 PM
albertgoq
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great I was on F-Sport springs on my old 2IS I didn't like it, I switch to swift with bilstein f-sport shocks and it was night and day. Thats why I got Swift on my 3IS and yes still rides great and looks great
Old 08-02-15, 08:49 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gregerst
That drop is exactly what I'm looking for. Does anybody know if these springs work on AWD? Swift's website doesn't say specifically.
Can't answer that with certainty. Call Swift, they are located in Chino Hills, California. Talk to Leonard or Yas, they will give you the straight dope. From the horse's mouth so to speak!
Old 08-02-15, 08:51 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by albertgoq
great I was on F-Sport springs on my old 2IS I didn't like it, I switch to swift with bilstein f-sport shocks and it was night and day. Thats why I got Swift on my 3IS and yes still rides great and looks great
Thanks for posting the original info. Albert. I have Swifts on my F, and have installed them on several other cars with great results. This one definitely made my wife happy.
Old 08-03-15, 12:53 AM
Imprezario
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

These springs are not listed for IS250. Will they actually work for this car? 250 and 350 are identical in their suspensions, but the frond end of 350 is heavier as far as I know and will sit lower on the same springs than 250. What's your thoughts, guys?
Old 08-03-15, 09:47 AM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Imprezario
These springs are not listed for IS250. Will they actually work for this car? 250 and 350 are identical in their suspensions, but the frond end of 350 is heavier as far as I know and will sit lower on the same springs than 250. What's your thoughts, guys?
Both applications use the 4T912 part number. This car is a 250. I know the curb weight difference between a 250 and 350 is 132 lbs. spread throughout the car. A bunch of that is the 8 speed trans. in the 350, but the diff. is also heavier, so not sure how much of that weight difference is actually over the front axle center line.

The difference in drop will be negligible between the two cars, if noticeable at all.
Attached Thumbnails SwiftSprings for 15 IS350 f-sport-image.jpg  

Last edited by SoCalISF; 08-03-15 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-04-15, 12:59 PM
Imprezario
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalISF
Both applications use the 4T912 part number. This car is a 250. I know the curb weight difference between a 250 and 350 is 132 lbs. spread throughout the car. A bunch of that is the 8 speed trans. in the 350, but the diff. is also heavier, so not sure how much of that weight difference is actually over the front axle center line.

The difference in drop will be negligible between the two cars, if noticeable at all.
Looks really nice. The gap seems equal front and rear - am I right?
Old 08-04-15, 10:09 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Imprezario
Looks really nice. The gap seems equal front and rear - am I right?
Yes, very similar to my IS-F wheel well gaps after I lowered it. Exactly what I was after. At one time I had these, the F Sports, and RS-R Half Downs in my possession simultaneously, these springs were the only ones that would give me the exact ride height I was looking for. My wife is picky too.
Old 08-04-15, 11:07 PM
albertgoq
Pole Position

here is a side profile pic without the shadows an on a level ground for your reference

Old 08-04-15, 11:09 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts

here is a side profile pic without the shadows an on a level ground for your reference

Man this drop is perfect! Are you running spacers? Looks good with stock wheels. Thanks for the HD pic.
Old 08-05-15, 07:46 AM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

That car is beautiful.
Old 08-05-15, 10:08 AM
albertgoq
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 3ISRC
Man this drop is perfect! Are you running spacers? Looks good with stock wheels. Thanks for the HD pic.
It's a great drop maybe Tanabe is the other drop which is great but it is too low, love the stock wheels
Still no spacers worried about vibrations at 80mph up if you place 15mm spacers all around
Old 08-05-15, 10:11 AM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts

It's a great drop maybe Tanabe is the other drop which is great but it is too low, love the stock wheels
Still no spacers worried about vibrations at 80mph up if you place 15mm spacers all around
Great. It just looks like you do from that shot. I'm not planning to add spacers either. I've had nothing but bad experience in the past. I would rather wait and get new wheels!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SwiftSprings for 15 IS350 f-sport